Delirious Bar

On 5/8/2020 at 11:25 PM, Pdoggg said:

Well done Herberth!     :biggrin:

I see the Swing shirts have PrEP on the back.  Do they distribute PrEP pills?

The guys from swing thailand where here today (and we handed out free meals again) and i asked them about the PrEP. They told me they give it for free to Thai nationals in high risk groups (like Gay´s,shemale, prostitutes etc.)

I asked them if they give it also for free to Farangs in high risk groups. They said no, but they can direct you to a clinic and it should not be expensive (they said cheap).

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Delirious Bar said:

The guys from swing thailand where here today (and we handed out free meals again) and i asked them about the PrEP. They told me they give it for free to Thai nationals in high risk groups (like Gay´s,shemale, prostitutes etc.)

I asked them if they give it also for free to Farangs in high risk groups. They said no, but they can direct you to a clinic and it should not be expensive (they said cheap).

Awesome Delerious and Swing.

Some segments in Thailand really need help. Rice and Milk for kids. Please help how you can.....spend the mongering money you would have normally spent over past 2 to 3 months to donate money for food.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Herberth. Good to see that the foreigners take care of the desperate people in Pattaya when the rich Thais or "the not allowed to name" does not, but ...
I find these ridiculous face masks unnessessary and even harmful as it it a paradise for germs. Same goes wirth the gloves. People wearing gloves tend not to wash their hands often enough because the have false feeling of protection. Frequent hand washing is the A and O.
The face shields on the other hand I find dangerous. People who wear such a thing direct their exhaled breath unfiltered right to the foodstuff.

You do a fantastic service to the public. Don't see my remark as critic but of something to be considered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Duncan said:

Well done Herberth. Good to see that the foreigners take car of the desperate people in Pattaya when the rich Thais or "the not allowed to name" does not, but ...
I find these ridiculous face masks unnessessary and even harmful as it it a paradise for germs. Same goes wirth the gloves. People wearing gloves tend not to wash their hands often enough because the have false feeling of protection. Frequent hand washing is the A and O.
The face shields on the other hand I find dangerous. People who wear such a thing direct their exhaled breath unfiltered right to the foodstuff.

You do a fantastic service to the public. Don't see my remark as critic but of something to be considered.

Thanks for your comment. I think absolutely the same about the mask and faceshield. But this is Thailand...... It's required in these times (also in Europe I think.... Crazy. Yeah the girls did a great job. They put much effort into it :-) The girls hope that the bars can open soon and that they can start to make some money. The best solution (business wise) is when the Thai government let the bars closed until international travellers can come back (no quarantine). Because it costs the businesses more when you have no guests and the bar is open than a closed bar. But I think the Thai government will open all the businesses soon. We will see what will happen.

• Like 2

Hi Herberth,

I fully agree. For what the bars to open if they don't allow international flights coming in.
The bars and bus and resaurants can't live on a handful of expats.
I'm monitoring the flights now and Emirates resumes flights to BKK in July.
But if I have to quaratine alone in a room at an government institute fir bog money I rather book my holiday in Barcelona this year.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent work Herbert, I hope the locals appreciate what you are doing.

On another note, I had a nice singe malt given to me last week, which although not the most expensive, is one of the best I have tasted for some time. "Dura 12" was the name, not sure if you have tried it? Anyway I hope to share a nip of it or similiar this year at some point, provided we are allowed back in the country by then!!!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ciobha said:

Excellent work Herbert, I hope the locals appreciate what you are doing.

On another note, I had a nice singe malt given to me last week, which although not the most expensive, is one of the best I have tasted for some time. "Dura 12" was the name, not sure if you have tried it? Anyway I hope to share a nip of it or similiar this year at some point, provided we are allowed back in the country by then!!!

Hi, thanks for you comment :-)

I think you talk about the Jura 12. Yes I tried this malt before :-) It is aged in bourbon barrels but gets the finish in oloroso sherry barrels so you get a gentle smokey taste and also some fruity flavours with a little spice. It's a nice whisky but sadly not available here in Thailand. But I would like to drink with you some drams at the bar :-) Soon I will post my new whisky and rum additions and they will be available at the Bar.

Let's hope they will open the airport for international travellers ASAP.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2020 at 2:07 PM, Delirious Bar said:

This will maybe our last handout. The girls did a great job :

Well done indeed Herberth!

I'll buy you and the girls a drink whenever I can make it there (November hopefully)!

• Like 1

Delirious Bar is open from today. We also have already a couple of girls working for us again.

Bar sign.jpg

Over the last 3 month i stocked up on different Single Malt´s, Bourbon´s and rum´s.

We stock now 51 different Whisky´s, 11 different rum´s, 7 different gin´s and 7 different Vodka´s.

From time to time i will upload some of our new additions. Here is the first:

A Japanese Singlemalt from Suntory

Yamazaki Distiller´s Reserve

This whisky is fresh and fruity (a good summer whisky). Full of red fruits and a touch of sherry cask. 

The finish is long with vanilla and sweet spice :-)

yamazaki.jpg

• Like 5

Todays Whiskey Update:

Maker´s 46 Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey

Maker's 46 is named for the number of different wood 'recipes' they tried before getting it right.

Bottled at 47% it is matured in part in barrels containing a 'ladder' of toasted new French oak barrel staves to give more spice, sweetness and vanilla.

The taste is creamy and very soft. Then it opens up, in fact it explodes with spiciness which concentrates on the tip of the tongue. It’s on nutmeg, mulled wine spices, allspice, cinnamon. Also a hint of hot apple juice. 

IMG_2486.JPG

• Like 2

Todays Whisky Update:

Hibiki - Japanese Harmony:

Hibiki Japanese Harmony is a blend of Japanese malt and grain whiskies from Yamazaki, Hakushu and Chita.

Presented in the brand's trademark 24-faceted bottle representing the Japanese seasons, this is light, approachable and moreish with enticing notes of orange peel and white chocolate. 

The taste is very fruity  with oranges and apricots. Also a Little peppery spice, but the soft, succulent fruit takes hold.

Nice balance, and nicely crafted.

IMG_2463.JPG

• Like 1