High Season 2019-2020

Pdoggg

More data points being established as to whether this will be the worst high season ever for Pattaya businesses.

Really ominous was how empty Pattaya Beer Garden was tonight.  In prior years it would be packed on Christmas Night.   Clientele: Farang Sex Tourist 

My girlfriend had only 4 massages today.   While that's not bad as it's a tiring job, Christmas week last year had days with 7 and 8 massages.  Clientele:  More women than men.

Traffic coming to and from Jomtien: Much lighter than previous peak seasons.  Clientele:  Russian 

• Like 2

It has been a tough year all round Mr.P ,we have been getting our regular customers per day . 

In previous years   I have been to the beer garden in low season and couldn't get a seat , you do have to feel for the workers as well , rents don't drop because its quiet in town and they all have to eat .

Best of luck to all businesses this next year and the baht gets a little weeker to bring back the tourists that spend money and not just follow a red flag .

• Like 3

I was in Hemingway’s on Thursday night and it was fairly packed.  But I have not been there besides Quiz night so nothing to compare it to.  The fact it had football on most of the screens was a big draw no doubt,  but along with the air con and being full of blokes it was quite depressing.  Reminded me of a shit night out back home and the reason I like to get away from that for a few months.The guys I was with finally decided to leave and it felt great to walk out the doors and back into Thailand. 

• Like 1

Agreed - it's why I never go in apart from Quiz Nights - and that's a struggle sometimes. However when it was Shenanigans one quiz night a guy 'swished' in with a ladyboy on either arm - all three of them camping it up - in yer face - priceless to see the reactions from the other punters. 

• Like 2

I eat in Hemingways 2-3 times a week when I'm in Jomtien. I'm not too keen on Thai food and Hemingways does reasonably good British food, and the chips are better than I've had anywhere else in los. I wouldn't spend an evening or drink in there.

The place reminds me of a Wetherspoons. I'm not into sport. I usually go in early, between 6-7pm before it gets too busy. 

• Like 2