Full Xmas dinner or your own thing..

bumblebee

Anyone on the ground going the full hog tomorrow with a traditional Xmas dinner or will you just treat it as another day.  While I really enjoy the big meal when back home in a cold climate, I just couldn’t face the same over here for whatever reason.  So it’ll be just another day food wise for this guy, so how about the rest of you, anything special in mind....food wise.

7 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

So it’ll be just another day food wise for this guy, so how about the rest of you, anything special in mind....food wise.

I like to eat lots of little snacks throughout the day.  After a big meal I just want to sleep. So no carvery for me.

If I was back in farangland, it'd be different. 

• Like 1

Exactly 10 years ago tomorrow I had Christmas Dinner with Jimbo and titleist (Ian) in the Islander Bar in Phuket, how time flies...Sonya was also supposed to be there but we had had a 'tiff' the night before :biggrin:

I always spend Xmas Day having Dinner with my Parents, two Sisters, an Uncle and a Nephew in Blighty, and I would not want it any other way tbph. B)

Talking of Sonya, she is still looking fantastic 10 years on ( at 28 y o) imho , pics of her in 2009 and a few weeks ago :man_in_love:

IMG_20191224_100324.jpg

IMG_20191224_100354.jpg

IMG_20191224_100629.jpg

image_40992.jpg

IMG_20191224_105656.jpg

• Like 4

I just try to get through Christmas Day. In the past I've spent one Xmas day in bed. I used to volunteer to work on the day. I spent one Xmas day on my Honda 90 driving around London when I was doing 'the Knowledge' to be a London Cabbie. I used to go to my sister-in-law and niece for Xmas and Boxing Day for a few years.

Last 3 years I just stay on my own and ok with that. I'll be having my favourite, roast lamb dinner tomorrow.

I've been thinking of going to los over Xmas and New Year in 2021 as I will be 70 that year. 

• Like 3

I thought about ordering a takeaway Xmas dinner this year to eat at home alone, but in the end I didn't bother.

Instead I stocked up on things to eat at home so I can avoid the crowds and the over-inflated prices for what is essentially a glorified Sunday dinner, but with turkey and sprouts.

At time of posting here in Pattaya it is 13:55, in England it is 06:55. In around one hour I shall deliver my Xmas gift to my Mum & Dad which comes in the form of a long long distance telephone call using normal phone service lines with discount prefix, as opposed to a cheap charlie LINE phone call,  so they can use the cordless landline phone at home instead of struggling with the smartphone. Mum will be reading in bed, so Dad can take it up there with him and use speaker phone.

Here in Pattaya it will be another day spent on my own, perhaps the worst day of the year, second only to New Year's Eve/New Year.  For an HSP the noise, crowds, squeeling whores and idiot tourists I can be in no better place. However, if I could 'teleport' anywhere in an instant I would teleport back home for Xmas dinner with my Mum & Dad. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I wouldn't fancy the food in the above post 'too mutt' tbh :biggrin:

I had a very enjoyable Xmas Day starting with a few beers at my local with good friends, followed by Dinner at my Parents and other Family aided by a bottle of Yellowtail Shiraz B)

I still had to wear my Black 'Bah Humbug' hat though :wink:

IMG_20191225_125631.jpg

IMG_20191225_130048.jpg

IMG_20191226_123832.jpg

IMG_20191225_152010.jpg

IMG_20191225_152020.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2019 at 9:02 AM, blind boy grunt said:

no Pdogg.... you see, i don't understand quite how but, Annabelle reminded me in some way, of the best holiday i ever had when i spent months driving across America from the Atlantic to the Pacific in a hired Ford Mustang,  for some reason she reminds me of a visit i made to see the Grand Canyon.

i can't figure why.....

Had no idea the Grand Canyon smells like fish!!!!:rofl:  Wish I knew a girl like her when I was younger!!  Oh the fun we could have had!!!

• Like 1