Koh Lahn Accomodation

Pdoggg

Any recommendations (or bad reviews) for Koh Lahn lodging gents?

Anything at all interesting for nightime entertainment?

I reckon many of us have taken day trips there but it's kind of rushed to catch the last ferry home.  What I like about the island is that I feel safe on a motobike and strangely have never been asked to leave an ID when renting.  I guess daytrippers don't bring passports, the bikes are oldish, and it would not be easy to steal a bike and bring to the mainland.

I think Nuai Beach is a quite relaxing place to read a book and just chill.  For swimming I reckon Tawaen might be the best and is quite popular with the Chinese.

I recently had two trips, both overnighters.

The first was staying at Poopreaw Koh Larn. A series of individual units. You may have seen the inside of it with Ammy's photos in a posting I made.

Like most of what I saw on Koh Larn, pretty basic stuff with prices that in Pattaya would get quite a nice room. No real complaints. The breakfast was ok. 

Just came away thinking that it was never going to be Hilton style.

The second was Toonja Koh Larn. A two storied place. We had views of the water but dont know if that was a privilege or not. So much trash in the water.

As in the other hotel, the staff were very friendly and courteous.

Picked us up from the wharf and down to the shops if we needed it. That is sure worth something.

Night life was very quiet. Had to walk a bit to find a restaurant we liked. Did not go looking for any bars etc.

During the day we had a good time down at Monkey Beach on the southern tip. Got there by baht bus from the wharf. Did the normal thing and rented out 2 deck chairs. Very relaxing time. Went for a couple of swims with some underwater activity!. Strangely I had to wait a minute or two before I could wade back onto the beach after that. It is amazing the effect a wandering hand can have on ones bits!.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Woodie said:

During the day we had a good time down at Monkey Beach on the southern tip. Got there by baht bus from the wharf. Did the normal thing and rented out 2 deck chairs. Very relaxing time

Thanks for the hotel info Woodie!

Guys, on the map, Monkey Beach that Woodie's talking about in named Nuai Beach.