Baby it’s .....quiet outside.

bumblebee

Took a stroll around some of the main bar areas last night, and except for the ones throwing a party it just didn’t feel like the surge normally expected for this time of year.  

Even yesterday coming back from Dongtan beach was a breeze.  Years ago we had to wait for 5 to 7 buses before one came along with a bit off room to squeeze onto, yesterday the first one that arrived was half empty.  

Now granted one place that was busy was Beach road, the amount of girls working there the past few weeks is the most I can remember in all my years of coming here. And Walking street was heaving.... with people only walking...

Anyone else in the ground finding it a bit empty for this time of year..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Anyone else in the ground finding it a bit empty for this time of year..

Yep. I sometimes judge how busy Pattaya is by my favorite restaurants. When I would go out to eat last year around 9 PM I was sometimes lucky to get a seat. This year no shortage of places to sit. A little different than judging by bars. But in past years the restaurants would start getting slow around April 1 and be very dead a few weeks later.   

• Like 1

I know you are the man about town BB, but honestly, why would one venture to Walking Street?  I think the only reason I would go to that area would be to pay a visit to The Beer Garden-nice area, decent prices and food and its a nice setting.

Not knocking anyone who might wish to have a mooch around WS but, to me, whats the point??

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ArchieBunker said:

I know you are the man about town BB, but honestly, why would one venture to Walking Street?

Purely in an observation capacity Arch and to take some photos. Just walked through and exited up near the Arab area that brought me to Soi V.C.  I can’t  see any reason for me to go there for a night out,  Linda bar was always an option for a late stop off, but I don’t really stay out beyond 2 am these days.  

Feels quiet to me too.  My teerak only had 3 massages today.  She works in a shop with 36 ladies on staff. Strangely she doesn't seem much busier now than in October.

We are on the cusp of what usually is a big influx, some 2 weekers who have lots of time off from work around Christmas/New Years who would fly out after work this Friday and the three monthers who arrive soon after Christmas.   

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

But Jomtien has certainly got busier recently- that of course may be something to do with Annabelle!

Busier or more lively, she certainly put some life into the place recently.  But the beach on Dongtan (great name for a gay area I always felt)  just doesn’t seem as crowded as I remember it a few years back.

you could be right BB.. i was refering to more recent times really,  i.e the difference between say 1 month back and now..  it seems from talking to Quinn who is much more knowledgeable about Jomtien than me, that the Scandinavians are back in force- not to mention the cave trolls from Vladivostock. Certainly jomtien beach is busy during the days.  

it's getting easier and easier to spot the Russians.. has anyone ever noticed that the men all wear the same shirts? very lightweight white cotton things with  a hood and long sleeves. Any day now the thais will be printing 'same same' on them.

as for the Chinese....god help us. Must admit though that they are a great form of amusement to me... when i get bored i can ride my bike along beach road, just snarling at them and shouting 'get out of the feckin' way.!"  i've never known a race that love walking in the middle of the road so much.

'

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

it's getting easier and easier to spot the Russians.. has anyone ever noticed that the men all wear the same shirts? very lightweight white cotton things with  a hood and long sleeves. Any day now the thais will be printing 'same same' on them.

Mostly seen near the sea but occasionally can be spotted further inland.  

E8A07FB9-71E7-4192-B689-39E3CC1A4584.jpeg

BEF68DD9-BC01-4A1C-9D81-7D90789E9B96.jpeg

• Like 2

On my recent visit to Pattaya, did a side trip down to Phuket. Kata Beach actually.

I think the Russian Government must have a baby bonus going. Every second couple (all Russians), were pushing a pram or two!. . 90% of the people there seemed to be Russians. All as happy as ever..

As an aside. There must be a cosmic shift in the body shape of Russian women when they get to their late 20's early 30's. They suddenly develop these huge chests held up with what could only be spent uranium supported bras. They look like the foredeck of an aircraft carrier. Amazing!.

Yes, a lot of the guys had the white shirts.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Woodie said:

There must be a cosmic shift in the body shape of Russian women when they get to their late 20's early 30's.

Russian women can be smoking hot when in their early twenties but don't age well.  OTOH French women don't seem to deteriorate for whatever reason.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

you could be right BB.. i was refering to more recent times really,  i.e the difference between say 1 month back and now..  it seems from talking to Quinn who is much more knowledgeable about Jomtien than me, that the Scandinavians are back in force- not to mention the cave trolls from Vladivostock. Certainly jomtien beach is busy during the days.  

as for the Chinese....god help us. Must admit though that they are a great form of amusement to me... when i get bored i can ride my bike along beach road, just snarling at them and shouting 'get out of the feckin' way.!"  i've never known a race that love walking in the middle of the road so much.

'

Those Chinese are like a mob of sheep no matter where you are . In my little town ( Canungra ) bus loads turn up and wonder all over the streets, they don't seem to have any traffic / road sense. My town is not a big place with only 1 road through town yet they still have to follow the handler with the pole with the red flag on it ,a few of them needed the flag the other day to find the public toilet .

No matter who goes to Thailand, as long as they spend money to keep the place going .

• Like 3

someone duck over to Kink n have a look see...

from Stickman... "the real attraction is a padded section of flooring ringed by waist-high walls, surrounded by sofas. Here eight or so apparel-challenged women entertain the gawkers by sitting spread-eagle on the walls or joining them on the sofas...Kink’s real standout feature is that the padded section of floor is actually an elevator. Once an hour, all the girls climb into the ring and the floor drops to the ground floor where the showgirls put on an eight-way show. By the end of the show, several thousand baht in tips have floated down."

that was end of October an word was LK Metro was lookin up. Now, maybe some of us ain't into the plain ladies but I'd go take a look at that.  If IT'S dead then the season is well and truly fooked.  Naked girls on a round elevator bed mmmmmm

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

someone duck over to Kink n have a look see...

from Stickman... "the real attraction is a padded section of flooring ringed by waist-high walls, surrounded by sofas. Here eight or so apparel-challenged women entertain the gawkers by sitting spread-eagle on the walls or joining them on the sofas...Kink’s real standout feature is that the padded section of floor is actually an elevator. Once an hour, all the girls climb into the ring and the floor drops to the ground floor where the showgirls put on an eight-way show. By the end of the show, several thousand baht in tips have floated down."

that was end of October an word was LK Metro was lookin up. Now, maybe some of us ain't into the plain ladies but I'd go take a look at that.  If IT'S dead then the season is well and truly fooked.  Naked girls on a round elevator bed mmmmmm

What you read about Kink is true.  IMO, it's by far the best gogo in Pattaya.

Downstairs is a rather comfy gogo with prettier girls than elsewhere. Upstairs is like a scene out of Caligua. The sound system is top notch.  Every hour on the hour the upstairs stage descends downstairs as the girls are carpet munching.

The only negative is that there is no cheap draft beer option understandable as Kink doesn't need cheap draft to get customers in as guys seek out that gogo.

6 hours ago, stoolpusher said:

Directions for Kink please Mr P .

It sounds a bit like Crazy house and Bacarra in BKK.

Cobber might have to take me there for a look see next time :ninja:

run by the same guy if I recall correctly. Seems to have a giant white lettering sign that lights the street :)

13 hours ago, stoolpusher said:

Directions for Kink please Mr P .

It sounds a bit like Crazy house and Bacarra in BKK.

Cobber might have to take me there for a look see next time :ninja:

I'll take you, SP, if you promise to stop Dao being angry at me for leading you astray. 

But yes, we could stick our heads in the door for a couple of hours .....

26 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

i wanna come! a mini meet and greet with a difference.......

31 minutes ago, cobber32 said:

I'll take you, SP, if you promise to stop Dao being angry at me for leading you astray. 

But yes, we could stick our heads in the door for a couple of hours .....

I will try and a range it next time guys , it sounds like it will be great fun

• Like 1