Gogos at the Avenue

xyzzy

Baku Group have told Thaivisa that they have rented The Avenue on Pattaya 2nd Road for nine years. Their complex will be closely modeled on Bangkok's famed Nana Plaza that rose to prominence in the capital through the 1990s. It will be called "Avenue Plaza" and is set to open its doors to the public at the end of March 2020.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1139086-thaivisa-exclusive-indian-entertainment%C2%A0moguls-plan-to-open-nana-plaza-style-go-go-venue-in-pattaya/?tab=comments#comment-14865782

• Like 3

Personally, I like the Avenue Mall exactly the way it is.  A movie theatre that's never crowded, a reasonably priced food court even though the food isn't very tasty, a Mr DYI store. Even been to Robin Hood restaurant based on Nick's video that Dukie posted.  Went too late though and the special Max Menu was done for the night.  Strangely, I have never been to The Roof as these past few years I've been going out to socialize less and less.

39 gogos, not beer bars.  Pattaya probably doesn't have too much more than 100 gogos already.  The Avenue complex would fit more than 39 gogos. Will it just be a certain section of The Avenue?  Will be interesting to see what develops.  

Guess what I'm wondering is why does it have to be The Avenue rather than a place like the Blue Ratree complex?  

Rents are 1/4 of Nana Plaza.  Maybe Blue Ratree would be 1/4 of The Avenue.  Of course having the Avenue turn into Nana will generate more buzz than Blue Ratree.

“Behind the project is Indian born owner "Sean" who outlined the developments to date in a telephone call this morning with Thaivisa. 

At present the Avenue has a variety of restaurants and other outlets. There is a McDonalds out front. It lies on 2nd Road in a prominent location between the central Pattaya and south Pattaya roads. 

Sean said that there are 39 units and that 17 have already been allocated. Twenty two more are up for grabs. Unit sizes are from 70 up to 400 square meters. 

Sean said that he is an Indian national who has lived in Thailand for four years. He has a work permit and everything he is doing is above board and legal. His advertisement online under the name "Scott Griffiths" promises "no dreaded key money". “

Interesting to see the names involved.

2 hours ago, xyzzy said:

Baku Group have told Thaivisa that they have rented The Avenue on Pattaya 2nd Road for nine years. Their complex will be closely modeled on Bangkok's famed Nana Plaza that rose to prominence in the capital through the 1990s. It will be called "Avenue Plaza" and is set to open its doors to the public at the end of March 2020.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1139086-thaivisa-exclusive-indian-entertainment%C2%A0moguls-plan-to-open-nana-plaza-style-go-go-venue-in-pattaya/?tab=comments#comment-14865782

Sounds like an ambitious venture. Will be interesting to see how it pans out. My gut reaction is that it will be a good use of the Avenue Mall. Great location and a lot of vacant spaces there.

• Like 1

There is also a plan to add beer bars later. 

I've been through at least three refits of The Avenue and nothing ever seems to work. At least retail wise. 

I still think stocking many new Gogos with decent looking GGs will be  tough. A look in the LK Metro Gogos usually doesn't result in seeing a lot of lookers. That number of new Gogos sounds a bit much. But I guess we will see.

5 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Strangely, I have never been to The Roof as these past few years I've been going out to socialize less and less.

I'm out a lot and never went to The Roof. But on party nights they seem to have pageants or walk way shows. Not really my thing. 

• Like 1

Do I understand this correct? 

Pattaya does not want to clean up the filth and make the city more holiday friendly to families? I think I read they wanted to do just that some time ago.

"It looks as though the Indian owned group are planning to change the Pattaya landscape as more and more people from the sub-continent come to Thailand, notes Thaivisa. In other stories Indian tourists have been hailed as the "last hope" for Pattaya."

The Avenue Plaza with go-gos will cater to Indians?

Will there be any ladymen bars/go-gos?  Gay bars like Boyztown and Sunee style? 

Will Ronald McDonald still be greeting the visitors on 2nd rd into to this new entertainment complex?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, seven said:

Will Ronald McDonald still be greeting the visitors on 2nd rd into to this new entertainment complex?

From what I read the existing restaurants, Major cinema, bowling, Villa Market etc. will remain as is.

Apparently half of the gogo units are already allocated.  Good luck to them, and I mean it.  The Avenue has always struggled, particularly since Central Festival opened its doors.

There used to be a sizeable and very nicely air-conditioned amusement arcade at the back of The Avenue up on the 1st floor years ago.  Perhaps it will be like re-living old times.

There is an enormous amount of unused space there, may as well put it to use.

• Like 3

I was chatting with a guy involved with the project and it seems all the places that I currently use, which would are all on the ground floor (except for the cinema) will remain.  He said there will be around 40 gogos.   Will be interesting if it takes off like LK Metro. Best of luck to them!   :drinks:

• Like 1