Baby It's Cold Outside

Pdoggg

I gave up Pattaya after staying in the Queen Victoria one year. The Queen Victoria was ok, and Soi 6 bars closed at 12, but I could hear the bass boom from somewhere until 6am every night.

Now I stay at the VT7 in Jomtien on my trips. No traffic noise at night and the bars are quiet after 12. I've heard some of the bars in Jomtien Complex have music after 12 when they have parties, but as I'm on the other side facing the sea I don't hear them. Occasionally the Sand Bar has some live music on a Saturday night until 1am, but not too bad.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dixon cox said:

it's just their excitable and customer beckoning squeals and screeches I can hear as those high frequency oscillations from their tranny tonsils travel through the air like invisible mini razor blades on a mission to scratch and scrape at my ear drums.

You poet!:biggrin:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to a guy in a baht bus the other day after realizing he spoke a few words of English. He was Russian.  Asked him where he was from and said a name I dont know . I asked what area and he said Siber. Eh??. Do you mean Siberia?. Yes yes Siberia. How do you like it here?. Ah good, at home it is -25 degs!!!!. Can you believe it?. Living in that temp. We both had a chuckle.

• Like 1

yes, the other side of that is that the people from such cold climates must also find the heat here in thailand hard to handle

Talking to Bm Lyku69 earlier this year...jan/feb...he was suffering with the heat. he lives by the way in northern Canada, probably as near to the north Pole that  it is possible to be.  Often in emails he tells me of temps reaching [plummeting?] to  -40 or so. i guess he keeps warm by digging for bodies from the Franklin expedition.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 11:55 PM, bumblebee said:

Might well be a question on Monday night (look away now Quinn) :) 

Don't know why I am posting this, but here goes.

What colour were carrots originally??.

Ok give up. Purple. The Dutch changed the colour to orange. Their National colour. 

• Like 2