Baby It's Cold Outside

Pdoggg

The last week is probably the longest extended cold spell that I can remember in Pattaya.  The last few days the low of the day was 18 degrees (64 Farenheit).  I'm not complaining but my pool doesn't get much sun so I haven't been swimming but luckily I do have a sauna.

Do you guys like it when it's this cold?

• Like 2

I’m surprised it actually gets that cold there. 
One of the major reasons I could not live in Thailand, other than perhaps at high elevations in the north, is the oppressive heat and humidity at sea level and low-lying areas. No thanks. All good for a brief mongering visit, but I could never live there. 
Enjoy your brief spell of cooler weather.  

• Like 2

I take it that 18c temperature was the shaded air temp, and that it's probably in the 20s in the sun. That would be fine for me during the day, it's around 6-7c here in London.

I was in Jomtien during a cold snap 3 or 4 years ago. It was ok while the sun was out but quite chilly when I was in Party Girls bar in Rompho at night.

I wouldn't like to live in Thailand permanently. It can be too hot and humid for me too. I go there in Jan/Feb to avoid the worst of the UK winter, but I like Spring, Summer and Autumn here. 

• Like 3

It is 5:30am in Pattaya and it is COLD! 

According to Yahoo! weather it is 21C, but the numbers are meaningless in comparison with those reported elsewhere across the globe. 21C in England would be a summer's day and feel completely different. Here it is fucking cold and has been for days already.

Seemingly still not cold enough for the small group of has-been tranny whores sitting outside Sweethearts Bar cackling and screeching their whore-life small-talk throughout the early hours. If I could understand Thai language fluently I'd know exactly what one of them was talking about. As is often the case it is one voice in a group which slices through the atmosphere and carries further than any other.

Daybreak cannot come fast enough, not for the temperature rise but for the daylight, which will hopefully drive that inconsiderate tranny cunt back into the shadows and out of earshot, at least for a while.

Indoors I am wearing socks, long jogging pants and two shirts, sometimes I add a cap to keep my head warm, too.

Man, it is cold here in Pattaya. The coldest I have ever known since I moved here :Monkey:

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, dixon cox said:

t is 5:30am in Pattaya and it is COLD! 

According to Yahoo! weather it is 21C, but the numbers are meaningless in comparison with those reported elsewhere across the globe. 21C in England would be a summer's day and feel completely different. Here it is fucking cold and has been for days already.

Very valid point my monkey mate. I think I mentioned previously about the having to retrieve my fleece from my room a few years ago, because the temperature had, for the first in my Thailand experience, gotten so low!! Now I believe if you looked at thermometers and official weather channels, it stated 16 degrees, which as DC stated would be a pleasant day at home. But I can tell you it felt nothing like that, it was bloody cold.

That being said, it is currently minus 3 here with wind chill factored, and that is the official Belfast report, I live half way up a mountain so you can take several degrees off that again. I will swap you any day of the week.:coldb:

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

how wonderful to be able to sleep under a quilt at night! a very rare thing to do.

That’s what I am really enjoying, a good sleep under both the sheet and blanket for a change.  While it wasn’t too comfortable out on the balcony in a pair of shorts  last night, it sure beats the alternative back home at the moment.  I could happily live with this temperature till my flight takes off at the end of next month.

Pretty cold here in Benidorm at (Spain) too, not so bad during the day time and it is supposed to be reaching 21 C later on (its 6-20am now) , the sun does come out and you can walk around in shorts and t-shirts. 

Early evening it gets a bit  'chilly' and you need a jumper or coat,  at 3am I have found you will need a pair of pyjamas as they don't have heating in my hotel :biggrin:, a big change from when I was last here in early July when the temperatures hit between 42 C and 50 C and both air con and fan were certainly needed. 

I will be heading back to a no doubt very cold Blighty tomorrow, the weather is what it is at the end of the day, it doesn't really bother me tbh and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world at this time of year.  :hi:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alaskanbear said:

wow what a warm day in pattaya. 64 F is a wounderful day IMHO as a normal winters day up here in Alaska can be 10F down to -60F now thats cold outside .

What a crazy drive home Alaskan Bear!  :roadrage:

Welcome back!  :drinks:

The way your car was sliding on the bridge it looked you might have gone over the side of the bridge which I guess is the way some bad romances end!  It's nice driving on empty roads though. Not a baht bus in sight!

I compressed the video and hopefully it will now show here.  It was not viewable before.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dixon cox said:

Seemingly still not cold enough for the small group of has-been tranny whores sitting outside Sweethearts Bar cackling and screeching their whore-life small-talk throughout the early hours. If I could understand Thai language fluently I'd know exactly what one of them was talking about. As is often the case it is one voice in a group which slices through the atmosphere and carries further than any other.

Daybreak cannot come fast enough, not for the temperature rise but for the daylight, which will hopefully drive that inconsiderate tranny cunt back into the shadows and out of earshot, at least for a while.

On the other forum Jimbo says the loud lb was Bella, who on being told to 'shut the f*** up' at 5.30am, threw an ashtray through the window and is now banned from Sweethearts.

So hopefully your sleep won't be disturbed again. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

On the other forum Jimbo says the loud lb was Bella, who on being told to 'shut the f*** up' at 5.30am, threw an ashtray through the window and is now banned from Sweethearts.

So hopefully your sleep won't be disturbed again. 

Yeah, just read that... hopefully the Monkey will get some decent 'kip' tonight :biggrin:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Quietguy said:

So hopefully your sleep won't be disturbed again

Excellent news, thank you!

I just had a look on the other forum as I barely know who is who in Sweethearts.  Good on Jimbo for dealing swiftly with the 'problem'.

See, I wasn't exaggerating in my previous post  :Monkey:

I remember that screeching and cackling formed part of my dream until it eventually woke me and I was still hearing it.

Shame about the window, but glad it happened as the disturbance alone may not have been enough for a ban, but it's clear she's got plenty of previous.

• Like 4

Sydney had been blanketed in smoke from the bushfires for the last 2 weeks.

This little recording of the sun I made last Tuesday about 6.45pm on the way back from my local pub. The sun is bright red to the naked eye, however, taking a pic on the mobile phone shows it as white with red around the edges so I took a video instead with magnification.... apologies for the shakiness.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dixon cox said:

I just had a look on the other forum as I barely know who is who in Sweethearts.  Good on Jimbo for dealing swiftly with the 'problem'.

See, I wasn't exaggerating in my previous post  :Monkey:

I remember that screeching and cackling formed part of my dream until it eventually woke me and I was still hearing it.

Shame about the window, but glad it happened as the disturbance alone may not have been enough for a ban, but it's clear she's got plenty of previous.

Jimbo lives above the shop, so she would have been keeping him awake too.

What I don't understand is why they were sitting outside as it's cold. I would have thought the lbs would have stayed in the bar.

Is it usually quiet there at night?  That's one of the reasons I don't stay in Patts now. I like to sleep at night and the bars in Jomtien are closed (or at least quiet) after midnight.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Is it usually quiet there at night? 

Where I stay, yes, or at least it was until the current version of Sweethearts Bar opened within weak wifi range.  As I type this at midday all I can hear is the distant doppler effect from the occasional passing vehicle, the intermittent worn bearings of my 8 year old fan, and the internal fan inside my laptop. It is still socks-at-home temps but I need the fan to blow the smoke around and away from the cat.

I like Jimbo as he is not dissimilar to me. Jaded, a bit grumpy, and gets pleasure from criticising and moaning about life in general. We often share a table at Nicky's if our meal times coincide but I just wish Sweethearts Bar, as it currently stands, wasn't there. Either that or ladymen miraculously develop a sense of consideration for others and become aware of the ear-piercing noises they often make and how their presence at the bar entrance is irritating on a daily basis.  God help Jimbo, I don't know how he does it.

I have to walk past it almost every day if I go outside, although they seem to be ignoring me now, as I do them, which is progress. From home I cannot hear the music, it's just their excitable and customer beckoning squeals and screeches I can hear as those high frequency oscillations from their tranny tonsils travel through the air like invisible mini razor blades on a mission to scratch and scrape at my ear drums. It used to be a nice, quiet part of Buakhao.

This reinforces my mantra about never, ever buying a property in Thailand. You never know who may become your neighbour.

• Like 5