Bernie In Solidarity With Philippines Trade Unionists

Pdoggg

Maybe Bernie is part Swedish!

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 8:15 AM, ArchieBunker said:

Good for him!!  This type of movement is needed in Thailand as well.  I know first hand how employers take advantage of their employees.  Believe it or not, I am a union member whether I like it or not.  There are pros and cons of my union but I think it is a net plus.

Staunch union member here, too. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 12:54 PM, strocube said:

Staunch union member here, too. 

I wouldnt say I am a "staunch" member myself.  Like I said there are pros and cons.  Especially what I have been through personally. I glad one is on the property!  

A lot pf people think the USA should be more like Europe.  If that were the case, our industry, airlines, would be able to strike at the drop of a hat.  Imagine all the bitching and moaning that would cause in this country!!!!

On 11/27/2019 at 4:35 AM, Quietguy said:

I was trade union activist when I was working. I'm still a (retired) member of my union.

I have occasionally talked to Thai lbs about trade unionism and workers' rights but they don't seem to know anything about this.

So many sectors of the Thai work force, especially the hospitality industry NO not THAT type of hospitality either, needs protections and rules.  But I dont think its something in the fiber of the Thai DNA to fight like that.  It would be crushed brutally in the crib anyway......

• Like 1