Beach Road Closure

Pdoggg

2 hours ago, xyzzy said:

Is something else going on with Beach Road now? Soi Buakhao has turned into a traffic mess the last three days. After what has been a relativity mellow couple of weeks except at rush hour.  

While I have noticed that on Buakhao at times during the day recently also, besides the on going road works at the south end of Beach Road and also on the way out of town towards Jomtien, I haven’t seen anything else that may be the cause.

In general the roads feel busier recently.   When I would come here for quick holidays I would come when I was able to get off from work and when the airfare was low. I didn't really care too much about the time of year.

But the 3, 4, 5, and 6 month visitor is going to come this time of year when it's not rainy here and getting cold in Russia, Europe, and North America.

18 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Wasn’t so bad down my end of the Soi, might be because of the junctions down your way.

The junction is a bottleneck even with fairly modest traffic flow. Just never saw it that bad before. East bound Lengkee has been closed for a few days which must not be helping. But it was west bound Chaiyapoon/Xzyte that were jammed up. Now the next two days are the actual Beach Road afternoon/evening closures along with not so well timed road construction. Fun, fun, fun...