seven

“I came, I saw, I conquered. Thank you LA Galaxy for . To the Galaxy fans – you wanted Zlatan, I gave you Zlatan. You are welcome. … now go back to watch baseball.”

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has thanked LA Galaxy for making him feel “alive again” before instructing the club’s fans to “go back to watch baseball” now he has played his last MLS game for them.

The Swedish striker will end a two-year spell at the club when his contract expires in December. Ibrahimovic scored 52 goals in 56 games for Galaxy after leaving Manchester United in March 2018, but his final match ended in defeat with Galaxy losing to Los Angeles FC in the MLS Cup play-offs conference semi-finals.

In a post on Twitter, Ibrahimovic wrote: “I came, I saw, I conquered. Thank you LA Galaxy for making me feel alive again. To the Galaxy fans – you wanted Zlatan, I gave you Zlatan. You are welcome. The story continues … now go back to watch baseball.”

EJR_aZpU8AA5Vp5.jpeg

Ibrahimovic, who has played for some of the biggest clubs in world football including Ajax, Juventus, Internazionale, Barcelona, Milan, Manchester United and Paris St Germain gave no indication over his future plans.

Ole! Call him ffs, hes a free agent now. You have nothing to lose. It cant get any worse than it is now.

"So, who knows? He knows my number. He never rented my house but he was looking at it, and we can speak our native language. If he’s serious I’ll always speak to Zlatan.

https://sempremilan.com/tmw-man-utd-in-talks-with-ibrahimovic-over-free-transfer-battle-with-ac-milan-on

• Like 2

Great post, seven. He's obviously still got it, despite his age, and as a free agent I'm sure several clubs are considering an approach for him. January will be interesting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cobber32 said:

He's obviously still got it,

(IMO) He is a great scorer in a US Pro league that doesn't have one team that likely would not get relegated in the EPL. Would be interesting to see him play against some real competition. I don't think his body is up for the challenge. And of course he is a total asshole. 

12 hours ago, cobber32 said:

Great post, seven. He's obviously still got it, despite his age, and as a free agent I'm sure several clubs are considering an approach for him. January will be interesting.

Thanks, cobber. He will get offers, but those will be China, Saudi and maybe Serie A. I like him more as an artist nowadays.

8 hours ago, xyzzy said:

I don't think his body is up for the challenge. And of course he is a total asshole. 

I agree with you. He's an a**, but a big part of his persona is a show, but yes a HUGE ego and not the most likeable person. Bit like Ronaldo, but a better player.

• Like 1

Of course if Ronaldo didn't play for Man Utd, you would still hold him in the highest regard, right Dukey????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ciobha said:

Of course if Ronaldo didn't play for Man Utd, you would still hold him in the highest regard, right Dukey????

Yes I would mate, the same as I hold the highest regard of current players like Messi and Augero :yes:

I am just annoyed at myself for 'biting' hence why I have removed my post, don't really want to get involved in all this tosh :biggrin:

I must admit I felt a little uneasy

When she bent down to tie the laces of my shoe

Point I am making I guess, is that we all have our opinion on who is/was the best player. And I can guarantee a large input to that opinion is if they played for "My Team". Seven holds Zlatan in the highest regard, and believes he is among the immortals of football. I fully respect his reasoning behind that, and although I disagree, I fully respect where he is coming from. Same with Ronaldo - I will never deny how brilliant he is, but I don't put him on a pedestal like I would with Messi.

In my opinion, one of the best players I have ever seen up close and personal, is Kenny Dalglish. Now most people will laugh at this and say he doesn't compare to Ronaldo/Zlatan/Messi, but he for me epitomised football at it's finest, and I would love to see how he would fare in the modern game while he was in his prime?

• Like 1

Fair enough, ciobha. Its all very subjective and emotional.

I remember watching World Cup 1986 in Mexico on television. I was 20.  I saw the greatest player ever, imo. Do the englanders agree with this? I think not. I will never ever forget his magic.

This movie is highly recommended, fan or not:

• Like 1

The best player I ever saw by a country mile would be George Best... but then again I would be accused of being bias :blink:

Here is a list of the International goal scorers 

IMG_20191116_003123.jpg

IMG_20191116_003220.jpg

My dear old Dad to this day believes George Best was the greatest of all time, even though he was never a Man Utd fan, he reckons nobody even comes close. I never really had the pleasure of witnessing him at his prime, so when I talk about the best, I will refer to the best I have seen, as it is unrealistic to comment on players who you haven't followed through a career. Maradonna was the best I had seen in my lifetime until Messi came along, although I still have a thing for Zidane. If really pushed I would say Zidane is the best I have seen.

It's all down to personal preferences and opinion. Forget about statistics and scorecards, we all have a different view on what makes a player special.. For the record, Jimslim thinks Jonny Jamieson is the greatest player to ever kick a football. Look him up some night when you fook all else to do!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ciobha said:

Jimslim thinks Jonny Jamieson is the greatest player to ever kick a football. 

And I thought that would be an Irish Whisky /Whiskey :biggrin:

As for Statistics, you can't ignore them dependant how much some people might hate Ronnie, facts and honours speak for themselves B)

On 11/14/2019 at 10:21 PM, seven said:

I agree with you. He's an a**, but a big part of his persona is a show, but yes a HUGE ego and not the most likeable person. Bit like Ronaldo, but a better player.

The ramblings of someone that only became a football fan in the last decade who likely has no idea... I'm no CR7 fan but Zlatan makes him look like a humble guy. Zlatan sure bounced around to a lot of clubs. He only had more than 100 appearances for one club (PSG) toward the end of his European career. Maybe health as I don't know. Just that really good players don't usually seem to bounce all over the place.

7 hours ago, seven said:

I remember watching World Cup 1986 in Mexico on television. I was 20.  I saw the greatest player ever, imo. Do the englanders agree with this? I think not. I will never ever forget his magic.

I don't remember the World Cup in Mexico. However no matter when you became a football fan it's impossible not to know about "The Hand of God". He was an absolute arrogant disaster as the manager of Argentina when the team needed help. Amazingly stupid shit poured out of his mouth. But I guess if you have been worshiped by an entire country for 30 years you probably think your shit doesn't stinks. And he was a great one no doubt.   

6 hours ago, ciobha said:

although I still have a thing for Zidane.

Sadly I wasn't  a football fan for most of his career. To me his career is a red card. Completely not fair of course. But I missed most of the good parts. 

And now back to those that know better than I...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, xyzzy said:

The ramblings of someone that only became a football fan in the last decade who likely has no idea

Yes you do, and I think its great an American has an interest in european football.

Zlatan sure bounced around to a lot of clubs.

He sure did. I think that was more his wish rather than the managers wanted him gone , as usually is the case when a player goes from club to club.

absolute arrogant disaster as the manager of Argentina when the team needed help

Yes, he's nuts. Fame and fortune got to him at an early stage , and if you watch the excellent documentary you get to see how the Mafia played a big part during his time in Napoli. They basically bought the title. He wasn't the guy to deny all the good stuff the mob offered him. Or maybe it was an offer he couldn't refuse.

A crazy man, but a brilliant footballer. Like you say Hand of God will no one forget. It might be the most spectacular moment ever in football.

On 11/16/2019 at 8:07 AM, ciobha said:

Messi 

Forget about statistics and scorecards, we all have a different view on what makes a player special..

If go by the stats I suppose Messi is better than Ronnie.

All I know is in games which I've watched which is limited Ronnie performs like a stud and Messi looks like a girlyman.   If Messi tried to rape a girl, she'd beat him up!  These were World Cup 2018 matches.  Maybe the opponent's defensive schemes focused on stopping Messi but I am incapable of recognizing defensive formations.

If using Booking.com or Agoda please help support LBR and use our links.

Click Here For The Pattaya Hotel Guide and our Links

@xyzzy = It is a pity that Zidane's excellent career will always be marred and often remembered by that 2 seconds of madness in the World Cup final. He, for me was simply sensational. If you have time some night, go on to Youtube and watch some videos of him at his finest. Well worth it.

1 hour ago, ciobha said:

2 seconds of madness

True. Thats the first things that comes to mind when his name is mentioned. Materazzi provoked him really bad though.

Heres Zlatan knocking out Materazzi.

47 minutes ago, ciobha said:

Classic, I can't believe he only got a yellow for that!!!

Tit fot Tat imho, they both went for it but Zlatan came out the better :yes:

Best, Cruyff & Maradona played at a time when tackling was allowed and diving - or being poleaxed by a light breeze - wasn't considered 'professional'. Shit pitches during winter too. I'd put them above the modern day stars. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikel1 said:

Cruyff

You're right there. Almost forgot about him. He was fantastic.

IMG_20191127_153918.jpg

IMG_20191127_154045.jpg

• Like 1

I almost shit myself yesterday morning when he posted that jersey on his Instagram. Its "my" team I'm supporting.

I was in Phuket when I saw this wonder goal in November 2012 and all the English in attendance watching stood up and applauded Zlatan ..B)

Arrogance?... I prefer to call it great anticipation from a World Class player imho.... and was that before he played for United :wink:

Was a great night in the Bar followed by  being 'rogered' daft by Beer from Cocktails & Dreams :blush:

IMG_20191127_211323.jpg

IMG_20191127_211440.jpg

IMG_20191127_211600.jpg

post-136-0-86713200-1376478519.jpg

IMG_20191127_220406.jpg

• Like 2

Cool, duke. That was nice!

LA Galaxy owners owns 50% of Hammarby, they got along so good during his time in LA, they offered him to buy 25% of their share.

Now theres a hate campaign towards him from his old club  Malmo, they vandalised his statue risen last year in Malmo. They felt he belonged to them. Malmo finished 2nd, Hammarby 3rd this year. 

I'm happy as can be to have Zlatan onboard the club even only as owner, but you never know who might show up for training in spring:biggrin:

Thanks for the post , duke.:drinks: