Grand Avenue Condos

Pdoggg

Some Grand Ave Condo units are now occupied although some units still require some finishing touches and furnishing.  It's located on Soi 15 between the Avenue Mall and The Hideaway.

Very long swimming pool that wraps around the complex plus multiple gyms and a steam and sauna.   

They don't have studios but they do have 1 Bedrooms that  are studio size.  I asked how much to rent and she said she would contact me as she wasn't really sure but when pressed said 16K to 18K per month for the small one bedrooms.  Unclear if this is for a long term contract or if you could get this price for one month.

So it seems there will be a glut of housing on Soi 15 just around the time that the powers that me on clamping down on condo rentals of less than one month.  So renters should be in a good negotiating position in what I think is a superb location.

http://grandavenuepattaya.com/ 

Some of these "one bedroom" units are little more than chopped up studios.  I had a look at a very nice, new building recently and the rooms were sooooooo tiny.  It was a no go for me living there.  The "living room" couldnt even fit my couch.  That would be a major stumbling block for a possible Chez Archie. 

BTW this building was on Bangkok but about 20-30 km from the main "downtown" areas. The MRT reaches out there and theres a more laid back vibe to it......

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ArchieBunker said:

Some of these "one bedroom" units are little more than chopped up studios.  I had a look at a very nice, new building recently and the rooms were sooooooo tiny.  It was a no go for me living there.  The "living room" couldnt even fit my couch. 

The Base sort of seems to have started that trend in Pattaya. A one bedroom is 30 sq m. This is the living room:

Base.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xyzzy said:

A one bedroom is 30 sq m.

Size matters!   :character00274:

Think the base was built for a Chinese clientele.  Not for me but one buddy liked it there.

If living alone and never bringing back overnight guests then I reckon that 30 sq m would be better as a studio.  But a second room is better if you want to sleep while some else is awake.  

One thing the Base does have going for it is that the kitchen is separate while in many Pattaya condos the kitchen is part of the living room.

I don't like condos that have glass instead of a wall between the living room and bedroom such as the Centric Sea in North Pattaya.

• 2 weeks later...

Took a look at two rooms at Grand Avenue.  One was a 47 sq meter 1 bedroom poolside renting for 23K and the other was a 35 sq meter 1 bedroom on the wrong side of the building renting for 17K.

Personally, I wasn't overly thrilled compared to the other Soi 15 options.  There are lots of similarities between Grand Avenue and Avenue Centara.  They both have pools meant to be visually appealing rather than function. Avenue Centara seems to be a higher quality building.

Most of the units are not completely fitted out yet.  So there may some noise though not heavy construction noise.  Don't know exactly who their target buyer is and will they flout rules and have lots of Air BNB guests which is not ideal for someone renting long term.

The pros are it is a brand new building so if one were buying it will take longer for your unit to get moldy.  The one type of person who will probably really like the place is someone who absolutely needs a 1 bedroom instead of a studio but is willing to live with small square footage.

The cons are that the units I saw did not seem to have much storage space but that might not be a big concern for some.   And with a brand new building there may be flaws that are not common knowledge.   And you don't know who your neighbors will be.   Some of the people I saw walking around didn't seem like the typical sexpat which could be good or bad I guess.

I personally prefer the condos on the quieter part of Soi 15 after the soi doglegs at the Avenue Mall.   

But just as not everyone likes the same type of ladyboy,people will have different condo preferences so you have to check it out for yourself.

• 4 weeks later...

The other day, a guy told me that he just signed a 12 month lease for a 35 sq meter unit at the Grand Avenue for 14K.  The recent completion of 6 new condo buildings means there is now a glut of inventory on Soi 15 which results in downward pressure on rents.  

We're talking about a rent of less than 500 baht a day for a one bedroom with a beautiful pool, gym, steam, and sauna.  But you will have to pay for electric and water. You're also responsible for your own room cleaning.