Drinking Beer Outside Family Mart

Pdoggg

Met up with a mate for a couple of drinks last night and was quite pleased when he suggested the Family Mart on Soi 15.    There are three tables out front in the lot within almost spitting distance of the Hideaway.   The place is not devoid of ladyboys as it seems robed ladyboys from Baby Boom and elsewhere occasionally plopped into the place.

My buddy and I aren't down and out pathetic losers such that we have to drink in a joint like this but we thought we'd give it a go since it is quite convenient for us and you can avoid walking on Soi Buakhao which I find unpleasant.  It's an alternative to hanging out at a friend's place.

If drinking beer it's not that much cheaper than Kateseree which is a proper bar that offers free buckets of ice.  But the advantage comes when ordering drinks other than beer.  Breezer and Vodka Ice type drinks are 35 and 37 baht in cans.  Cheap snacks are available and if one wants to avoid a hangover you can switch to Club Soda for 9 baht.   The refrigeration system is superior to most bars.  And they have a bottle opener.

There are some negatives though.  The bench seats are at an odd incline making them a bit uncomfortable.   There aren't any fans.  There were a group of Thais having a party of sorts at another table and they had their car door open blasting music.   If it rains you're under the stars (there are actually a few seats inside with AC but not really conducive to an extended chinwag).  Probably the biggest downside is the lack of a hong nam.  The Thai guys were going across the soi and urinating in a somewhat hidden area but I wouldn't want my mug in the Pattaya Mail for peeing outside a Family Mart.  There is a 24/7 free toilet in the Avenue Mall but the round trip is 5 minutes.

Bottom line is we won't be in a rush to go back but won't rule it out either.  Sometimes it's just nice not to have any bargirls around.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bumblebee said:

Doubt any place of this type will beat the old mini mart on Soi VC all those years ago mind.

I remember you and I enjoying a drink or two in there, also the time that street urchin tried to get a rise out of us.  :drinks:

3 hours ago, BigTel said:

I remember you and I enjoying a drink or two in there, also the time that street urchin tried to get a rise out of us.  :drinks:

Yep, I remember that particular day.  You said we won’t say anything or react, as you didn’t want him to remember your face.  Wonder what became of him, he was always hanging around that area back then.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

well, not really on-topic i guess...as i rarely touch alcohol nowadays.... but i seem so spend half my life outside 7-11s drinking coffee. [ All Cafe is great coffee]  it always amazes me how many gorgeous creatures come and go.  sad person that i am!

Just sitting somewhere and people watching is very cool but you blend in more and not look like some dirty old man in a raincoat if you are eating or drinking while there 

Not to thread fuck but, when in Bangers, I will take the time to have lunch at Paragon.  After lunch I head to the Au Bon Pain, order an espresso and find a perch in order to watch the traffic.  There is some incredible eye candy!!!  When my buddy is in town, we sit there together and watch the world go by.  A couple of right perves we are!!!!  Guilty as charged!!!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, duke007 said:

Will any of you lads be attending the 'Charity' events that are being held around Town this week? :bling:

Not sure to be honest Duke.  A few of the old crew are in town, so nice to go to a place where we know there won’t be too many others about.  TJs would be the only one that might interest me, but having been up there on Saturday night it seems every night is a party there. 

2 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Not sure to be honest Duke.  A few of the old crew are in town, so nice to go to a place where we know there won’t be too many others about.  TJs would be the only one that might interest me, but having been up there on Saturday night it seems every night is a party there. 

How about having one in the Ass(ienda)? :biggrin:

Must admit TJ's looks worth the effort to make the trek to Naklua these days...I went there a couple of times last February but it was very quiet. 

Katty Bar was same same, but I only went there to pick up Mo(na) tbh :spiteful:

Dukey, I don't go to ladyboy bars very often and usually avoid party nights because I prefer it when bars are less crowded.  But guys are talking about going to TJs tomorrow so maybe I'll head up there. I was really impressed the other night!   :party0011:

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/index.php?/topic/5013-tjs-bar-naklua/page/6/&tab=comments#comment-177614

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 1:12 AM, blind boy grunt said:

not unless it's a charity event for Man Utd Duke...:yahoo:

Archie... may i ask where is Au Bon Pain? Am not all that familiar with Pattaya, but am heading down there soon to buy a raincoat....

BBG-the Au Bon Pain to which I refer is in Bangkok.  Sorry for any confusion.  Its in the Siam Paragon Mall.  Some wondeful eye candy both local and farang!!!

• Like 1