Do You Go To Bars To Chat With The Owner

Pdoggg

Came across a blog post by a Soi 6 bar manager saying the biggest part of his job is drinking with customers.

Almost all open hours: My primary job is hosting, greeting, talking and drinking with customers. This is about 90% of the role. I often tell guys looking for a job as a bar manager you have to be a TRUE extrovert. You cannot be a part time extrovert or want to be just a behind the scenes wave hello manager. These days on Soi 6 many guys need someone to talk to and want to relax, drink and get to know other people. As I’m well known on PA I tend to have a group of PA members here at almost all times. I truly enjoy talking, telling stories and most of all HELPING people and giving them guidance and advice. If I can make a difference in someone’s trip to a positive manner it makes me happy. This often means that some days every waking moment is talking, bouncing between different guys, etc. This is a natural talent IMO and not something that can be learned. Some people are introverted and will never be able to do this. Also, some guys are friendly and extroverted but are not entertaining, funny or give good advice and end up being boring and do not bring in new customers. Also, its a careful balance between not getting too drunk and being able to host. I am fully aware that some popular Bar Managers do not drink. However, due to the nature of our bars, this is not an option here. I do, however, control what I drink and usually (not always) turn down a silly request like ten jagerbombs in a row.

https://thaigogobar.com/resources/life-of-a-bar-manager-in-soi-6-pattaya/

Do you go to bars to chat with the farang owner or manager?

• Like 1

When i was new to the scene, I would be much more inclined to visit a bar if there were a high profile farang there in the bar.  Now, i really couldnt give a toss.  Not a big bar goer these days.  What makes me want to visit a bar?  this is in no order:  Talent, decent prices, no bs no drama.

No bs, no drama means no girls or staff pestering you for drinks or hovering around you like a vulture.  forgot no loudly, obnoxious music.....

• Like 3

I don't chat with farang bar owners, I'd rather talk to the ladyboys. I did talk to Jimbo at TJs as I was curious to find out if he was really as bigoted as he comes across as online, but having met him i don't think he is. I was more interested in the cabaret though. I will probably go to Sweethearts Bar next trip to check it out, but not to talk to Jimbo.

I do like talking to Emmy at Katty Bar, not to ingratiate myself, but because she is a nice person and I like her. I'm a quiet introverted person and find it difficult to talk to people usually but find it easy with Emmy, and she does have good English which many of the younger lbs don't.  

• Like 4

I used to make the effort to chat to the farang bar owners in the past, but now with the exception of Josh at Baby Boom (because he is as mad as cheese and makes me laugh) and Nick at the Assienda I won't bother.

Noel (jolski) is a really nice and interesting bloke but his bar Katoey's 'R' Us is just not my cup of tea, and to his credit is not offended by me saying so.

I dont really class Scott ( Sensations), Petesie (New Bar) and Jimmy (69 Bar) as owners tbh.

I do miss Karl at Ezy Bar though :biggrin:

Edit.....

I do post on the ladyboyspattaya forum a lot  but not on the well known  ladyboy bar threads and actually have most of them on my ignore list ( the exceptions being Baby Boom and lesser promoted ones like Duangjai, Hunny Bunny, Fantasy Lounge and Nid Cha) and will only give them a look every now and then 

• Like 3

If I go to a ladyboy bar it is to pick up a ladyboy for fun. That’s pretty much it.

I am not a huge drinker as any more than one or two drinks these days and I’m useless for sex. So I don’t hang out for very long. I chose my date for the evening and I’m out. 

• Like 1