Thai Vloggers

duke007

• 2 weeks later...

Irie Bar is the video above is a reggae bar in northern Long Beach (Phra Ae) with a Monday Night party. Also on Mondays in southern Long Beach is the quiz night at the Irish Embassy, a sports bar run by good blokes..  Both of these bars are on the main road.  Tuesday night party is at Pangea Bar right on the beach in central Long Beach.  So on and so on...

There are bars where you can buy weed such as Korner Bar on the southern tip of Long Beach.  Can also smoke weed at many bars in Khlong Khong including Freedom Bar, probably the biggest party bar on the island especially on Saturday. I also presume that Cannabis Bar is weed friendly and at Mushroom Bar you can indulge in Shroom Shakes.

Not a good island for mongering but there is a strip of bars in the southern part of Khlong Dao with even some ladyboys available.

• Like 1

Big Fat Besty in the second video above picks IMO the best area in Koh Lanta to stay, Northern Long Beach.   

The advantages of Northern Long Beach are a non-rocky bay and good and good nightlife, Lanta style.

While I like Lanta, I would caution most mongers that they are much better off elsewhere.  The extremely limited P4P scene is in southern Khlong Dao, the next beach north of Long Beach (Phra Ae).   I do not recommend staying in Khlong Dao and I don't recommend Khlong Khong as the bay is rocky and downright ugly at low tide.

I stay in the room with no window whenever I come down - I find it quite ok (to each his own, of course) and the bonus is no stairs. The Chaiyapoon Inn (Apartment) staff have always been great and while I'd probably look for an upgrade if I was staying longer, for 4 or 5 days I've no complaints at all.

I found this a reasonably good video. Thanks, duke.

• Like 3