Le Private...Soi Lengkee

duke007

I booked this room via Booking.com a few days ago for next June, looks a great deal at 11,745 baht for 29 nights (405 Baht per night), its in Ladyboy Central , near to everything you need and right opposite the Retox Bar for all the late/early morning Footy games and those 99 baht English Breakfasts 24 hours a day, what's not to like B)

Free Cancellation up to 3 days before arrival.

Double Room with Balcony

King Size Bed

Flat Screen TV with Cable Channels

Fridge

Kettle

In Room Safe

Free Wifi 

Rooms cleaned everyday

Screenshot_20190924-080711_1.jpg

Screenshot_20190924-080746_1.jpg

Screenshot_20190924-115937_1.jpg

Screenshot_20190924-080901_1.jpg

Screenshot_20190924-115933_1.jpg

Screenshot_20190924-115905_1.jpg

Screenshot_20190924-115910_1.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, duke007 said:

11,745 baht for 29 nights (405 Baht per night)

Free Cancellation up to 3 days before arrival.

what's not to like B)

Seems like an excellent deal Dukie!   :drinks:

However what if there turns out to be something you don't like?    One idea would be to make 4 bookings of 7-7-7-8 nights.   That way if all of a sudden you get fed up with Pattaya and want to go to Phuket or there is a rat in the room or a rogue ladyboy is stalking you then you have an easy way out with just 3 days notice while at the same time you are locked in and can stay the whole 29 days if things go as expected.  Some of us take those risks with monthly rentals to get the unit we want but one nice thing about Booking.com is that you can make sequential reservations taking away those risks.

Nice pillows btw!   :biggrin:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Seems like an excellent deal Dukie!   :drinks:

However what if there turns out to be something you don't like?    One idea would be to make 4 bookings of 7-7-7-8 nights.   That way if all of a sudden you get fed up with Pattaya and want to go to Phuket or there is a rat in the room or a rogue ladyboy is stalking you then you have an easy way out with just 3 days notice while at the same time you are locked in and can stay the whole 29 days if things go as expected.  Some of us take those risks with monthly rentals to get the unit we want but one nice thing about Booking.com is that you can make sequential reservations taking away those risks.

I am not interested of going anywhere else in Thailand to be honest but I have had a look at doing the  7-7-7-8 seperate bookings and done exactly that as it is the same price of 3x £75 & 1x £86  = £311 (11,745 Baht) so I am well pleased that I now can change it and move elsewhere whilst over there if I want B)

What a fantastic idea Mr doggg, you are not as daft as I look :biggrin:, thanks mate :drinks:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, duke007 said:

you are not as daft as I look :biggrin:,

Umm never mind I'll let that one pass. B)

Looks good, I've been too lazy to check out some of these places on Soi Lengkee. They have quite the variety of rooms. Double Room with Balcony ,  Deluxe Queen Room , Superior Double or Twin Room with City View, Standard Single Room, Standard Single Room with Shower and Economy Double Room. Every room must be different. Best I can tell doesn't appear to cost anymore during high season. Might try and have a look this winter but most of there rooms are booked so might be hard to get in one for a look. 

I know Colywob stays in a place (unknown) on Lengkee for 12k baht a month. So there are some bargains around.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xyzzy said:

They have quite the variety of rooms.

As with most guesthouses when booking through a 3rd party website, it seems that you can't choose which floor your room is on.   Given the steep stairs mentioned in a review, that might matter more than the room type.   

5 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

As with most guesthouses when booking through a 3rd party website, it seems that you can't choose which floor your room is on.   Given the steep stairs mentioned in a review, that might matter more than the room type.   

Thankfully my time of wearing high heels has long gone :biggrin:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

As with most guesthouses when booking through a 3rd party website, it seems that you can't choose which floor your room is on.   Given the steep stairs mentioned in a review, that might matter more than the room type.  

I didn't see that review on Trip Advisor so guess it was another site. Not terribly unusual for steep steps in guest houses as steps are serious wasted space in a narrow shop house layout. Plus each step is often smaller than in the west. Kind of small for my big feet. At the guest house where I usually stay the steps are pretty steep. Last trip there was a guy staying on the 2nd floor (third floor if you are English and many other nationalities). He had to walk up two flights of stairs to his room. He must have weighed about 400 pounds and was not young. It took him about 10 minutes to make it up the steps and he made lots of grunts and said many "Oh no" as he climbed the steps. Rather sad really but you see the type in Pattaya fairly often. He would move aside as I passed him on the steps.

Pretty funny on Trip Advisor as someone reviewed the gentleman's club on the ground floor instead of the accommodations. :biggrin:

AWFUL

Terrible place for a bar, overweight obese staff. Polite and friendly but no idea how to look after you. Overacting and Dateless on how to cater for anyone experienced, so not for anyone expecting something special.

Sorry total :offtopic:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xyzzy said:

I would like to find a condo near The Avenue but I need cleaning options that don't cost and arm and a leg. Many condos don't have good cleaning options and I'm too lazy to do it myself.

Yup, that's the biggest problem with condos.  There usually is an overpriced charge for cleaning and an additional overpriced charge for changing the bedding.