Sweehearts Bar, Soi Buakhao 2019

duke007

Jimbo

You do realize that Australia has gone forward 1 hour so now the show does not start until 1.00am. I need my beauty sleep so very rarely can I stay up to see Nana!.

Please do something about this!!!!.

Also what is a hard on?. Re Nuoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Thursday Night

Having enjoyed a couple of fun evenings with J Bar (soi 7 Jomtien) playing a Pool match, it was decided it was time for a rematch.

J Bar play in pool leagues, nevertheless on Home turf we secured a 7 - 6 victory

Team Sweet hearts

DSCN1228.thumb.JPG.575afe4ffb670e30607dc5550ebf0b56.JPG

DSCN1229.thumb.JPG.ec6b6a050bb9e231e36469bff6aa3d4f.JPG

Games in progress

DSCN1230.thumb.JPG.f7edb8bf9423517a10960e9b5838e275.JPG

DSCN1231.thumb.JPG.c7ede44dee75a5358fbbd49014503524.JPG

DSCN1233.thumb.JPG.189fd8c2ab0e3e73d3be39e56456d2ca.JPG

DSCN1234.thumb.JPG.3099fc1b3f4c39132a8b1cb53c5fa03a.JPG

DSCN1236.thumb.JPG.b0f3d303d6c1c3fe476698efbae6376b.JPG

DSCN1238.thumb.JPG.64eb3d27925cc277528994569cc3bf54.JPG

DSCN1239.thumb.JPG.eacb56ba6123104fb9fddd26f62e5b96.JPG

A couple of End Shots i couldn't resist!

DSCN1240.thumb.JPG.d014b5861485e368483e59ed72ee6115.JPG  DSCN1241.thumb.JPG.629a9add24108dd8e68d636e2d5f2d5a.JPG

• Like 3

Friday Night - Oct 30th

It's our Keith's birthday today and we're having a party! Nevertheless, we'll be doing our Online Stream until/or unless the bar gets too busy, so please look in and wish the old perv  a Happy Birthday.

Saturday Night - Oct 31st (Halloween)

Thanks to the generosity of a couple of BMs, we're offering cash prizes to the 3 best costumes/made up on the staff. Look in and be afraid, be very afraid!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is to congratulate Youngone, Jimbo and all the ladyboy staff for resurrecting Sweethearts after it shut down due to COVID, thereby keeping the ladyboys employed and our dreams alive of returning to Pattaya one day and find at least some bars opened.  The decision to do livestreams was a very timely welcome one and potentially a game changer which, all combined, made Sweethearts the #1 Ladyboy Bar of 2020.

Hit Play

Edited by Rom
The video was parallelly posted at the other Board where Youngone and Jimbo are prominent BMs and it was PMed to them TWICE in case moderation hoovered the video (which they did) and the first PM sent from the same BM account that posted the video.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Weds 20th Jan

A few pics from last night's stream (courtesy of Youngone):

Another very successful stream last night, helping to keep the wolf from the door. Thank you for participating in a lively Chat, especially so if you kindly sent over a few drinks :geek:

A1.jpg.576d1145837117b950af71375b2e110f.jpg

A2.jpg.5126dd410df140bcb8124dea5e91e05c.jpg

A3.jpg.470fde8162c8e8529e1a41068d3beea1.jpg

A5.jpg.01d72eb51bbeb2b6b8bde6d88fe0ec48.jpgA6.jpg.699e7c0c7c23e27568ff0631ca9bd37d.jpg

A7.jpg.53021a127f57e4796741263eab49696e.jpg

A8.jpg.93ebddaff11fdf4ec875031b26894eb8.jpg

A9.jpg.79cb397372128b5ad955d620d28495eb.jpg

A10.jpg.510de73c72fdd562b924c89b381523a6.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday Night

15 girls on rotation for the stream, last night, on the penultimate show before we open our doors again on Monday 1 st Feb.

A lively chat too, with Daddy Rom popping in under the pseudonym "Pyongyang" asking a lot of questions, without adding anything of entertainment value, presumably as "research" for his current thread on streaming.

wVZVq1612030242.jpg.f6a564aaca3d404f3dcbc098cca3c167.jpg

• Like 5

I'm certainly not going to divulge the bar's finances on here, seven. But whilst covid devastates the tourism industry we shall continue streaming four times a week for the moment. Once airports are open and things return to "normal", we obviously hope to run the bar in the "traditional" way. For now, footfall is at an all-time low, and the revenue provides an absolutely essential ingredient to staying operational.

• Like 2

Hi there Jimbo,   There is no pulling the wool over your eyes.  Who else would have figured someone using the handle ‘Pyongyang’ could possibly be the same genius who branded the other Board as North Korea-repressive by calling it ... Pyongyang !!! ???   Only Jimbo the sleuth… Hope you also realize it was a deference to you so as not to use ‘Rom’ to your face …

You should also have sleuthed by now that my online ethos is for ALL my interventions to have information and/or entertainment value.  Wondering if livestreaming is becoming a new, more profitable business model that will displace or (more likely) raise the costs to the user of old-fashioned bars with barfinings is a very timely and pertinent concern for all of us non-bar owners stranded in the faranglands. If more money is to be made selling drinks through livestreams, in the future no ladyboy will accept to be barfined by old geezers or it is gonna cost us way more… Perhaps Jimbo you could help us preparing for that eventuality by sharing a little more on the huge financial success that Sweethearts livestreams seem to be...

Many BMs think of me as a wild and crazy carefree dude in a Romscars world of his own, but au contraire I am quite the cerebral monger.  When I go to a bar I don’t just seat there and party on with the ladyboys. I also like to assess the operational aspects of the bar and, among other things, estimate what the break-even nightly revenue might be for that particular bar, i.e.: how much gross revenue the bar needs to average per night to pay for costs.   For example, a little beer bar in a big plaza with 2 or 3 captive staff can get by on as little as 1-2K per night; a hole-in-the-wall kinda bar in Chayapoom or Jomtien with 5 or 6 staff can keep going on 4-5k per night.  I was only once at Sweethearts pre-covid and my estimate was that it needed like 20K a night to keep going on such a prime location and with the 7 or 8 ladyboys I counted… and including a minimum 2K self pay off for each Jimbo and Cindy … am I wrong or am I right?

That’s why the 21K+ estimate in lady drinks Sweetharts got in the livestream yesterday is potentially a game changer from the 20K Sweethearts was not getting otherwise.   In fact I have since learned from one of their staff I befriend on FB that she got bought 12 lady drinks yesterday for 2 on-camera shifts.    If each of the other 14 ladyboys also got 12 drinks, that’s 15 x 12 = 180 drinks.  Throw in at least 20 more for Jimbo and Youngone and that’s 200 drinks.  At 140 a pop that’s 28K.   Possibly more if more drinks were sold… Now we must also factor in that livestreams are not every night so at the end of the week, it averages out lower towards 20k…

But the point is that livestreaming may be here to stay as them bar owners and ladyboys earn more and more revenues from viewers who have never and will never set foot in Thailand.  With the "250" viewers Jimbo said were online yesterday, that's potentially way more revenue than the 20 or 30 punters max who would visit Sweethearts on a good night…   Notwithstanding Jimbo's assurance that he intends to run the bar in the "traditional" way, he/Youngone are rational businessmen and they may not if more money can be made otherwise.  A hybrid bar model would be more likely in the future with livestreams and some barfining of ladyboys subject to the livestreaming priorities.  All they need is to figure out a better way for more of the growing number of online viewers to feel comfortable to buy drinks anonymously, and the money will be flooding in like never before.   Is the writing on the wall ???

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jimbo33 said:

I'm certainly not going to divulge the bar's finances on here

Absolutely, I wouldn’t either if I were  you, I was just quoting Rom from another thread.

8 hours ago, jimbo33 said:

Once airports are open and things return to "normal", we obviously hope to run the bar in the "traditional" way

Good to hear. That’s what I personally hope. I was just concerned the ladies (and you)  found an easier and more lucrative way to earn thanks to these live streams while I respect is a lifeline for you right now, but personally find as interesting as Thai soaps. Thanks for reply and I look forward to visit again whenever Thailand allows us in. 

• Like 3

The livestreams may or may not continue after travel restrictions end. I suppose that will depend on how much the bars and girls make from them.

I would rather go to the bars in person to interact with the girls, and I expect there will be enough lbs who will still want to meet us and earn some money from real encounters.

There might still be a market with those who will never actually go to los but want to see the girls, though whether they actually 'buy drinks' or just lurk is another matter.

9 hours ago, Rom said:

Hi there Jimbo,   There is no pulling the wool over your eyes.  Who else would have figured someone using the handle ‘Pyongyang’ could possibly be the same genius who branded the other Board as North Korea-repressive by calling it ... Pyongyang !!! ???   Only Jimbo the sleuth… Hope you also realize it was a deference to you so as not to use ‘Rom’ to your face …

You should also have sleuthed by now that my online ethos is for ALL my interventions to have information and/or entertainment value.  Wondering if livestreaming is becoming a new, more profitable business model that will displace or (more likely) raise the costs to the user of old-fashioned bars with barfinings is a very timely and pertinent concern for all of us non-bar owners stranded in the faranglands. If more money is to be made selling drinks through livestreams, in the future no ladyboy will accept to be barfined by old geezers or it is gonna cost us way more… Perhaps Jimbo you could help us preparing for that eventuality by sharing a little more on the huge financial success that Sweethearts livestreams seem to be...

Many BMs think of me as a wild and crazy carefree dude in a Romscars world of his own, but au contraire I am quite the cerebral monger.  When I go to a bar I don’t just seat there and party on with the ladyboys. I also like to assess the operational aspects of the bar and, among other things, estimate what the break-even nightly revenue might be for that particular bar, i.e.: how much gross revenue the bar needs to average per night to pay for costs.   For example, a little beer bar in a big plaza with 2 or 3 captive staff can get by on as little as 1-2K per night; a hole-in-the-wall kinda bar in Chayapoom or Jomtien with 5 or 6 staff can keep going on 4-5k per night.  I was only once at Sweethearts pre-covid and my estimate was that it needed like 20K a night to keep going on such a prime location and with the 7 or 8 ladyboys I counted… and including a minimum 2K self pay off for each Jimbo and Cindy … am I wrong or am I right?

That’s why the 21K+ estimate in lady drinks Sweetharts got in the livestream yesterday is potentially a game changer from the 20K Sweethearts was not getting otherwise.   In fact I have since learned from one of their staff I befriend on FB that she got bought 12 lady drinks yesterday for 2 on-camera shifts.    If each of the other 14 ladyboys also got 12 drinks, that’s 15 x 12 = 180 drinks.  Throw in at least 20 more for Jimbo and Youngone and that’s 200 drinks.  At 140 a pop that’s 28K.   Possibly more if more drinks were sold… Now we must also factor in that livestreams are not every night so at the end of the week, it averages out lower towards 20k…

But the point is that livestreaming may be here to stay as them bar owners and ladyboys earn more and more revenues from viewers who have never and will never set foot in Thailand.  With the "250" viewers Jimbo said were online yesterday, that's potentially way more revenue than the 20 or 30 punters max who would visit Sweethearts on a good night…   Notwithstanding Jimbo's assurance that he intends to run the bar in the "traditional" way, he/Youngone are rational businessmen and they may not if more money can be made otherwise.  A hybrid bar model would be more likely in the future with livestreams and some barfining of ladyboys subject to the livestreaming priorities.  All they need is to figure out a better way for more of the growing number of online viewers to feel comfortable to buy drinks anonymously, and the money will be flooding in like never before.   Is the writing on the wall ???

Amazing I go to the bar to have a drink, meet friends and chat to ladyboys not to do a finiancial review but different things turn on different people

• Like 1

@Rom I've had to read your post 3 times to get my head round it !

Let me repeat: I am certainly not going to divulge the finances of Sweethearts - it's confidential information that remains on a need to know basis for the partners/shareholders, and frankly i think it's impertinent to even ask.

I also, like annat, find it rather odd that you spend time in a social environment trying to run a financial sliderule over it.

As for the second question of whether i think streaming will remain part of a bar's modus operandi - for now, while footfall is at it's lowest ever level, the answer is yes. This is a situation none of us have ever experienced, so it's impossible to say with any degree of certainty how long it will take for things to get back to "normal". My own view is that it will take at least 2 years for the hospitality industry to recover. Will streaming last 2 years? Who knows - we've never been in this situation before. But as I've said before it's our intention to return the bar to the condition we found it i.e. a place for social interaction and entertainment which would be unlikely to include streaming.

Hope this helps.

Here's the group picture of the 13 girls on duty last night: oops " error code 200 prevented uploading!!??"

Apologies, but for some reason i can't upload on this forum today - mods???

Important: As of today Feb 1st - Sweethearts will be open from 6 p.m. until 11 p.m., and our next live stream, scheduled for Weds 3rd will run from the same times.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jimbo33 said:

oops " error code 200 prevented uploading!!??"

Many pictures will get automatically resized on LBR but some won't.  I am not exactly sure why some won't don't know the technical details of KB and pixels and dimensions.  When I take pics with my phone they often have to resized first.  I use https://picresize.com/ and it takes less than a minute.

Your girls are looking good Jimbo!   :biggrin:

14 hours ago, Quietguy said:

The livestreams may or may not continue after travel restrictions end. I suppose that will depend on how much the bars and girls make from them.

I would rather go to the bars in person to interact with the girls

Most guys prefer going to the bars in person but even before Covid many guys could only spend a few weeks a year here.   When I was working in Farangland, I would try to take two short trips a year and when back home all I'd be thinking about is the next trip.   Ironically, now that I live here, I only go out to a ladyboy bar about once a week. 

So once, or if, things get back to normal, guys with the LOS Blues might tune in if their favorite bar is livestreaming.  This is distinct from being horny as you can get a more explicit show on Chaturbate.  It seems many guys develop extreme loyalty to one or two bars and want to stay connected while they're away.  Maybe Streaming Sundays are here to stay.

Monday Feb 1st

It was good to see the lights switched on again, music playing, and some relative bustle in the streets.

A couple of girls who don't appear on the streams, but returned to work:

Toey

DSCN1656.JPG.673db40ba2445194069f501d10a21138.JPG

Keng

DSCN1657.JPG.7d26cbc5cd491ae2510f77cf6e78e9d4.JPG

DSCN1660.JPG.4e607b71fe858dd658f0f972017fd5fb.JPG

Also good to have a tipple again

1247044435_DSCN1658(2).JPG.6748d23dc7baa03ec3af0560fd54f9e6.JPG

A couple of cuties back to their beloved pool table: Coffee & lil Nuoy

DSCN1659.JPG.f4fd2ee54d3e46ceefd972a6fe8df3fd.JPG

• Like 5

• 2 months later...