Sweehearts Bar, Soi Buakhao 2019

duke007

Just want to let all businessowners know that they are welcome to promote their business on Ladyboy Review.  The litmus test is how useful your posts are to our members.  Obviously any ladyboy oriented business located anywhere in the world would be of interest to our members.  Most monger related businesses would also be of interest to many of our members.  If you have a restaurant or guesthouse in Pattaya that would also be of interest to our members. If you have a restaurant in Bulgaria it probably wouldn't be helpful to either your business or our members to post about your restaurant unless your waitresses are trannies!    :biggrin:  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rom said:

Hi cobber.  I don't know you either and consider you post drafted constructively but a bit close-minded.

First, I have no "personal grudge" with Jimbo.  Last year I awarded him the 2018 Romscar for Bar Owner of the Year and made him a wonderful custom video where he is dubbed in German with Arnold Schwarzenegger's voice.   This year I included Sweethearts in my Thailand's TOP 10 Ladyboy Bars of 2019 and I inducted Jimbo into the Daddy Rom's Hall of Legends, the highest possible honor in my made up world of ladyboy mongering excellence.  I can't think of any of his groupies who has publicly honored him as much as I have.

The objective of the 2 previous posts I made in this thread is to get Jimbo to show up and be the congenial guy here at this Board that he is at the other one.   Sooner or later someone will convey to him these posts by crazy ol' Rom and he will come in to check for himself and perhaps post again like he used to.

That's all as regards Jimbo personally.

My financial prognosis of Sweethearts is based on what I saw during one week recently and based on what I learned from Cindy who I have known since she was the new hottie at NEP's Cascades 13 years ago.  I ended the post by openly asking  if "I am missing something?"  as regards Sweethearts's financial outlook and perhaps I am and, if so, you and others may want to point it out.

I know it's not habitual for bar threads to carry anything but praise to (understandably) avoid hurting the owner's feelings, but since Jimbo has not been around for almost 10 years, why not have some more serious posts than just ogling over the pretty girls ? ...

And I definitely wish Sweethearts stays in business, if not for Jimbo's sake then for Cindy's who I care for very much.

You're being a little bit harsch. Jimbo seems to have improved for a few years : no scam reported since Phuket, no longer regular customers whispering backwards his gurls consume sympathomimetic substances. Even his Grumpiness looks cleaner on his pics as an old man who lived in the streets would after he found a home to sleep in a bed and sisters iron the shirts he wears every day.  B)

On 2/1/2020 at 8:14 AM, duke007 said:

I do understand why Jimbo doesn't post here (as well as other bar owners), as I said it is very time consuming

Having been posting photos and info for over 14 years now I have to say the argument from bar owners that this is time consuming is to put it mildly BS.  The hard work is writing the text and editing photos, which will be done for one forum anyway.  Having tabs open for more than one forum on a browser is a piece of cake, and then once it has been posted on the preferred forum it’s just a matter of copying the text, clicking the tab on the browser for the next forum, paste, upload photos and posting it there.  Photos depending on how many and internet speed can take up to a minute,  yes a time consuming minute..and hey presto the post it ready to go.  In fairness if text is needed between photos this can add perhaps another minute to proceedings. 

So I’d say overall it takes a max of 3 to 4 minutes of work to achieve this. Man some bars owners must be so busy to not have a spare few minutes to try to improve their customer flow, fair play to Petesie, Herbert and Emmy for investing this valuable time promoting their interests.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Having been posting photos and info for over 14 years now I have to say the argument from bar owners that this is time consuming is to put it mildly BS.  The hard work is writing the text and editing photos, which will be done for one forum anyway.  Having tabs open for more than one forum on a browser is a piece of cake, and then once it has been posted on the preferred forum it’s just a matter of copying the text, clicking the tab on the browser for the next forum, paste, upload photos and posting it there.  Photos depending on how many and internet speed can take up to a minute,  yes a time consuming minute..and hey presto the post it ready to go.  In fairness if text is needed between photos this can add perhaps another minute to proceedings. 

So I’d say overall it takes a max of 3 to 4 minutes of work to achieve this. Man some bars owners must be so busy to not have a spare few minutes to try to improve their customer flow, fair play to Petesie, Herbert and Emmy for investing this valuable time promoting their interests.

Just Curious BB, have you ever 'owned' or 'managed' a Bar? :huh:

I ask because I know and understand the Bar Owners of Pattaya 'gripes' when the 'Armchair' Bar Owners on the Fora give out their 'expert' advice on how they should run their Bars when in reality they haven't a clue, Would they do it? ... Answer.. Would they Bollocks :biggrin:

Running a bar 'is' time consuming, I know because I have had 20 years experience of it, taking photos (as is your hobby) and posting pics now and then when you are in 'holiday mode' is a different matter imho. 

You mention Emmy, she hadn't posted since 24th December until yesterday (Feb 3rd), how many days is that? :rolleye0012:

Petesie is doing it for his other half, and good on him for doing so :good:

Herberth is new to the game so will try and promote his Bar so good luck and all the best to him :hi:

As I have said before this and the other forums don't have the 'traffic' that the PLB has.

It will certainly be interesting to see how much publicity TJ's and the Katty Bar will get now you and your camera are back home. :wink:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, duke007 said:

You are another  'Armchair' Bar Owner then I take it :biggrin:

No no, I'll admit I wouldn't know the first thing about running a bar, but I have actually been to the some of bars we discuss here  , as well as other bars in Thailand , and I don't quite share your description of the enormous workload the bar owners have. Maybe I've  been at the "wrong"  time a day to have a fair opinion about this , i e when all the hard works been done for the day , and the owner is winding down. 

Now, "Armchair football expert" is another story, I consider myself one, we have quite  a few of them around in our little community, don't we :biggrin: 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, duke007 said:

Just Curious BB, have you ever 'owned' or 'managed' a Bar? :huh:

Nope, I was simply  referring to how little time it takes to upload and share photos to various sites once the donkey work has been done getting them ready for any one forum.  

35 minutes ago, duke007 said:

It will certainly be interesting to see how much publicity TJ's and the Katty Bar will get now you and your camera are back home. :wink:

Fear not,  Em has told me I can use the photos from her FB profile so a steady stream of photos should be coming through on a fairly regular basis. It takes about 20 seconds to download them and another minute or so to upload them here.  And I am back to full time work.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

Nope, I was simply  referring to how little time it takes to upload and share photos to various sites once the donkey work has been done getting them ready for any one forum.  

Fear not,  Em has told me I can use the photos from her FB profile so a steady stream of photos should be coming through on a fairly regular basis. It takes about 20 seconds to download them and another minute or so to upload them here.  And I am back to full time work.  

Fair Play BB, but we are not all Techno Wizards like yourself regards a camera and uploading etc.

Em will no doubt be over the moon that you are doing her 'donkey' work on this and perhaps maybe on the PLB  Forum(???) ... Will it be happening on the LB-69 or the TLF forum even though it only takes 20 seconds? . B)

I am myself like Jimbo not a FB member or ever likely to be, are we missing something? 

Well you have posted many photos over the years so you will know it’s not that tricky in fairness, and you have taken some memorable shots.  Many members here enjoy TJs so it I am sure they will appreciate keeping up with what’s going on there from time to time.  

LBP  has enough members going to the bar who will keep the place current regarding photos so no worries there.  I haven’t been on the other two forums for years and don’t know who is even there these days.   Like I have been simply saying it’s not that time consuming, but it’s not my duty to post for any bar on all forums, I do it here because my friends are here, I enjoy the bar and I am a mod on this forum.

The point is that if a Thai bar “owner” says it is time consuming, yet posts on one forum and not others, it is likely because they don’t think it is worthwhile, rather than being time consuming. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

it is likely because they don’t think it is worthwhile, rather than being time consuming. 

That was exactly my point from the start BB, it's not worthwhile posting on a 'quiet' forum, plus 'managing' a Bar is 24/7 whether you like it or not, so very time consuming, trust me... :wink:

• Like 1

It seems opinions are divided:    Is Jimbo “too busy” or is he being “forum-selective” ?

IMHO:  “Too busy” only if with the bromancing … He allocates to drivel and rants much of his PY time that, businesswise, could be better spread over more forums promoting his bars (C&D, TJs, S♥s) with pics and announcements.

I’d say he is more concerned with promoting his image than his bars and uses his presence at PY as a gift he can bestow or withhold if he does not get the VIP treatment and BM adulation he has gotten used to.  Am i being too harsh?  I don't think so.  Here is an example:

Back in 2016, when I posted on PY’s C&D thread some pics of the cabaret performance with reality-augmented pokemons dancing with the ladyboys, it got on Jimbo’s nerves and he threatened to withdraw to “the other Forum” presumably to pressure PY moderation to make me stop. (And they promptly obeyed!).  Looksee:

jimbo.thumb.jpg.25107e098756358cd303a37de7faa0ef.jpg

I don’t know which “other forum” he was referring to, but apparently not this one since he hasn’t been here since 2011.  Guess us LBR BMs are not worthy of His Grumpiness… Why Jimbo? Why?

• Like 2

If someone feels they'll benefit by posting here they will.  And if they don't feel that they will benefit then they won't.  It's really that simple.  The welcome mat is out there for all who have something to promote that has something to do with ladyboys, mongering, or Southeast Asia.  :biggrin:

For the record, back in 2011 our login system was a total cluster fuck.   That's why Jimbo stopped posting here.   Same same with me. If I have trouble logging in somewhere, I usually just give up after a few minutes.  But it wasn't just bad here. It was very, very bad.

We are still plagued with remnants of old login problems.  We can sort it out for guys who we know personally but there's lots of guys and ladyboys who just give up.  New members shouldn't have any problems though.

• Like 3

Jimbo may indeed have trouble logging on and may have given up, we all know he's a technophobe of sorts. B)

Kudos to this forum for welcoming barkeeps to post; I do as I have done over the years, everyone please post away. It's of interest to the guys either living here, being here or planning a visit. It's relevant information. I for one like to look at BB's pics on the TJ's or any other thread for a really simple reason.

I really enjoy photography and in particular...pics of Thai ladyboys currently on the ground in Pattaya. Patty in Sweethearts floats my wee boat, Lily in TJ's is a star, Benz in Newbar makes me swoon, Cyndi in La Bumbar has always caught my heart, there's one in Sensations I'd marry...we could go on.

Remember fellas, these girls are snapshots in time...you might never see them ever again.

• Like 3

On 2/5/2020 at 4:05 AM, duke007 said:

You mention Emmy, she hadn't posted since 24th December until yesterday (Feb 3rd), how many days is that? :rolleye0012:

well Duke, which respects to this discussion, remember that English is not Emmy's area of expertise, yes, she can speak it very well but writing is not easy for her and neither is reading. Hence when she posts it is usually a short comment or photo's of her staff.. She is happier to leave it with people like me to post on her behalf, to answer questions and promote etc. Also between having to look after the bar/guest house and taking care of her old mum who lives alone miles away... Emmy doesn't have a lot of time at the moment. This why the bar is mainly in Teya's hands nowadays.

After having a problem [of her own making i hasten to say] on another forum, she's since very nervous about posting... given time she'll come round.

Isn't it true to say that she is actually the only bar-owner that does post? Petesie, Herberth etc are like me promoters, not owners. Jimbo may or may not be owner/partner..i don't know.

But i'll be seeing him soon with Quinn and Emmy to discuss the Katty party in november....  talk about starting early!

i'd like him to post on this forum...why not! i'll give him a hint.....

edit..... oh by the way Duke...the music thing at Katty we talked about.... coming very soon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

well Duke, which respects to this discussion, remember that English is not Emmy's area of expertise, yes, she can speak it very well but writing is not easy for her and neither is reading. Hence when she posts it is usually a short comment or photo's of her staff.. She is happier to leave it with people like me to post on her behalf, to answer questions and promote etc. Also between having to look after the bar/guest house and taking care of her old mum who lives alone miles away... Emmy doesn't have a lot of time at the moment. This why the bar is mainly in Teya's hands nowadays.

After having a problem [of her own making i hasten to say] on another forum, she's since very nervous about posting... given time she'll come round.

Isn't it true to say that she is actually the only bar-owner that does post? Petesie, Herberth etc are like me promoters, not owners. Jimbo may or may not be owner/partner..i don't know.

But i'll be seeing him soon with Quinn and Emmy to discuss the Katty party in november....  talk about starting early!

i'd like him to post on this forum...why not! i'll give him a hint.....

edit..... oh by the way Duke...the music thing at Katty we talked about.... coming very soon.

My comment was in no way meant as a criticism of Emmy, and I totally understand if it were not for the 'farang' resident rabble of Jomtien and the likes of BB's and LurSaluces excellent pics (when they are in town) then I think Katty Bar would hardly get/if any publicity at all, so total respect and kudos to all of you for doing so in helping Emmy and the girls out:hi:

Jimbo is in a partnership (business wise) with Cindy at Sweethearts Bar. 

Btw... don't forget Teya's next Birthday posters while you are at it :biggrin:

19 minutes ago, duke007 said:

My comment was in no way a criticism of Emmy, I totally understand if it were not for the help of the farang resident rabble of Jomtien and BB's excellent pics (when he was in town) then Katty Bar would hardly get/or any publicity, total respect and kudos to you all for doing so :hi:

Jimbo is in a partnership (business wise) with Cindy at Sweethearts Bar. 

Btw... don't forget Teya's next Birthday posters while you are at it 

no worries Duke, i know that you weren't being critical... was a fair comment that you made.... and yes your hint is right...we are being very slow to announce it! but resident rabble...? indeed  ........ you're lucky i cant find Quinns 'statler and waldorf' 'twat!' poster..........

11 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

but resident rabble...? indeed  ........ you're lucky i cant find Quinns 'statler and waldorf' 'twat!' poster..........

When I see these characters they always remind me of yourself, Quinn and the soihound :wink:

IMG_20200207_100218.jpg

Can't see this bar lasting. Had a couple beers in there week before last.....pricey 95 baht. Was pretty empty and boring tbh. i noticed cindy boyfriend  around the place, the bald guy with the tats ...looks like he swallowed a wasp......hope he has deep pockets. I wish it all the best anyway........, gonna need it.  This is just an honest appraisal and not a personal attack etc etc etc.. 

• Like 3

Just now, Cherjam said:

100% agreed, I had 1 overpriced 95 baht beer and left, no atmosphere and to be honest If I'm paying that price for a bottle of beer, I want to be entertained

Yeah I didn't stay long, I'm hoping this forum will allow honest appraisal of bars and not censor and flame like over in North Korea (LBP) . It's good to hear the truth lol.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...