Heat Wave

Pdoggg

Not as hot in UK. We did have temps in the 30s yesterday, but back to low to mid 20s today and for the next week or two. 

@seven and any other Euros, what happens with people who have to work outdoors in high temps? Do they still have to work?  Is the post still delivered?  

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Quietguy said:

@seven and any other Euros, what happens with people who have to work outdoors in high temps?

In Stockholm its not as hot as France or Spain right now, more like yours. +32 C today. Last summer was the warmest in over 120 years, and it went on from may to september. Lots of wildfires.  It was rather tough.

If the african heat comes this way, which is expected next week, we'll have problems for sure, as we are simply not prepared for these high temperatures, like Asia or Middle East.  Over 35 C will probably cancel a few things here, such as mail delivery you mention. Ive heard the subway and buses are very hot as their A/C cooling systems are not in use 9 months of the year and when they are being turned on again in June they crash. No maintenance, I guess.

It was 45.9 C in southern France yesterday. Now that's hot and I think there were a few casualties.

• Like 1

38 degrees C here in Benidorm (Spain) at the moment, someone told me last night that she saw it hit 42C on a temperature guage.

Even though I have AC in the room I still bought a little fan which has been a blessing and worked a treat.

The good news is that I can chill out with pints of beer at €1.50 (52 baht) and large G &T's in the Sports Bars that are showing the Cricket and Womens World Cups on large screens.

Might go and chill out by one of the 5 pools here at the Hotel

Life aint too bad B)

20190630_213137.jpg

20190630_212717.jpg

20190630_191836.jpg

20190630_140617.jpg

20190630_191806.jpg

20190630_161026.jpg

20190630_161015.jpg

20190630_161037.jpg

• Like 4
2 hours ago, redrockrevival said:

The weather's all fine and good mate, but what I really want to know is ...tranny prospects??

Not been to the 'poofter' area of the Old Town yet......apparently loads of 'benders' bars around.

Will take a look in a few nights time as got the England v USA World Cup Womens Semi tomorrow night plus the World Cup Cricket match between England and New Zealand on Wednesday.

These shows are knocking about too :biggrin:

20190701_131357.jpg

20190701_132213.jpg

20190701_132237.jpg

Screenshot_20190701-165408.png

• Like 3
On 7/2/2019 at 1:50 AM, bumblebee said:

That Silver Dollar Bar wouldn’t look out of place in Pattaya from the looks of it.  Now if we had those beer prices in Los it would certainly take the sting out of the dreadful exchange rate.  Good reporting Duke.

Looks a bit like Soi Buakhao sans motobikes.

• 2 weeks later...

A second heat wave is hitting the Eurozone.

It might hit 105 degrees, 40.5 Celsius in Paris on Thursday..

On Tuesday, Bordeaux recorded its highest temperature ever on Tuesday.  Wonder what impact that will have for the 2019 vintage wine?

The map below shows scorching heat just about everywhere in Europe except for Dublin and the Alps.

heat.png

16 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

According to internet weather reports it is about 31/32 C in Pattaya this week. It's going to be around 33/34 C in London today, and will be 37/38 C tomorrow.

It's hotter here than los, but without the ladyboys!:hot: 

There are plenty of ladyboys in London :winking0023:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Quietguy said:

True, but not many Thai lbs. And those that are there cost £150 an hour. I'd rather meet them in los.

But then again you dont have to fork out £600 on air fare and taxis and the best part of two days of travelling just to get a Thai ladyboy in Pattaya :spiteful:

• Like 2
  • 2 years later...