Pdoggg

60 Day Thai Tourist Visa For UK and Irish Citizens

I believe you now must apply for the Tourist Visa online.

Some new requirements:

For Single Entry (stay up to 60 days)

A current passport with validity not less than 6 months and at least 2 blank pages
Printout of visa application form submitted online, with bar code
Confirmed air ticket to Thailand
Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel booking, invitation letter from family or friend in Thailand
Proof of financial support e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter
Proof of residence in the UK or Ireland (if applicants are not nationals of these countries) e.g. long stay visa, residence permit, BRP card

If using Booking.com or Agoda please help support LBR and use our links.

Click Here For The Pattaya Hotel Guide and our Links

Thailand is starting to become a pain in the ass :biggrin:

I must admit I felt a little uneasy

When she bent down to tie the laces of my shoe

14 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I believe you now must apply for the Tourist Visa online.

Some new requirements:

For Single Entry (stay up to 60 days)

A current passport with validity not less than 6 months and at least 2 blank pages
Printout of visa application form submitted online, with bar code
Confirmed air ticket to Thailand
Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel booking, invitation letter from family or friend in Thailand
Proof of financial support e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter
Proof of residence in the UK or Ireland (if applicants are not nationals of these countries) e.g. long stay visa, residence permit, BRP card

This doe not negate the current 30 day stamp on entry stay for those approved countries.

In fact this is easier for those who apply for a Tourist visa as you no longer have to visit a Thai consulate or embassy in your country of residence, where you had to provide similar information for the Tourist visa application.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rxpharm said:

In fact this is easier for those who apply for a Tourist visa as you no longer have to visit a Thai consulate or embassy in your country of residence, where you had to provide similar information for the Tourist visa application.

It's two years since I last applied for a two month visa, but I don't remember having to provide all that. I think I had to go to Thai Consulate in London, fill in visa application form, queue for about an hour to see immigration officer who checked application, pay visa fee (£25), and leave passport and form. 

Then I collected passport with visa stamp next day. It was quite easy.

I don't think I'll be going to Thailand for longer than 30 days again, so it won't make any difference to me, but I would think it might put some people off going for longer than 30 days.

• Like 1