Baht bus fares

Laawman

Yes.......... that hoary old chestnut again! As a returning traveller, I haven't sampled the delights of songtaew logistics for some years. As an ex-expat I full remember the verbally enriching arguments I used to have with drivers of said vehicles over what was the correct pricing structure. It got so bad that most of 'em would refuse to stop when they saw me - so I eventually skirted the problem entirely by investing in my own transport. As I shall be returning shortly for a fortnight's stint, can anyone inform me as to what the right price is nowadays for the usual BB circuit? As I'm also keen to give Jomtien a looksee (especially soi 4); what should I expect to pay going from Pattaya Tai ( I know about the white stripe thing) to where the beach is?

Thank-you one and all.

• Like 2

The usual baht bus fare is 10 baht for both Thais and farangs.

To avoid arguments I advise never talking to the driver before you board the baht bus and paying with 10 baht  exact change.  After I pay, I usually walk in the opposite direction of where the baht bus is headed.

At Pattaya Tai and 2nd Road there is a baht bus queue to Jomtien which moves rather quickly. It's 10 baht to Jomtien.   It's 10 baht back from Jomtien. I believe once you pass Pattaya Klang coming from Jomtien it is supposed to be 20 baht.    I get off between Pattaaya Tai and Pattaya Klang. Sometimes the baht bus stops it route at Pattaya Tai and I still give 10 baht.  But if a baht bus picks up a private fare and goes off route I will ring the buzzergetoff and walk away from the baht bus.

• Like 2

If I dont have change when i first get to Pattaya, I give the driver a 20 baht note and say in Thai "10 baht please".  They ALWAYS give me the change.  If he drives off, so what???  not a big deal.

On the rare occasion I go over to Jomtien, I might give the guy a 20.  Have a buddy that is not too keen on Pattaya but will go with me next week and he wants to check out Katty Bar.  who am I to say no??

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, ring_master said:

Might even see you in there! I'll also check out this Rhompho place if it's still rolling.

Be careful you don’t trip over the tumbleweeds in Rhompo RM.:biggrin:  It was fairly dead last winter,  but a few bars still open here and there so worth it just to see if any hidden gems are in the mix.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ring_master said:

Might even see you in there! I'll also check out this Rhompho place if it's still rolling.

Easy to get to.  You walk on Soi 7 from the beach on to Jomtien 2nd Road and cross 2nd Road and there was once around 50 bars.  Soi 7 also has a bunch of bars, you might find a ladyboy or two working there.

Soi 6 in Jomtien is the boom boom massage soi.  Four massage shops specializing in happy endings with a few ladyboys in the mix.

There is also Jomtien Complex,  where there are some farang restaurants, a few girlbars and a boatload of gay bars and gay massage shops. Most of the lads are a bridge too far but there might be one or femmy femmy mincers that might grab your attention.

The other ladyboy bar in Jomtien is The Roadhouse (formerly Sally's) on Soi 5.   It's only a minute from Katty's if you can find the alleyway that cuts from Soi 4 to Soi 5.

Have fun RM!    :drinks:

• Like 1

:drinks:

5 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Be careful you don’t trip over the tumbleweeds in Rhompo RM.:biggrin:  It was fairly dead last winter,  but a few bars still open here and there so worth it just to see if any hidden gems are in the mix.  

BB, it was just as desolate in April when Rickshaw and I wandered through. On the upside, easy to get an open pool table.

:drinks:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ring_master said:

Still worth a look. I'm now back in the Badlands for a fortnight staying in soi rub n' tug, I mean, soi Chaiyapoon. My God!! What has happened to Pattaya in my absence?

Keep us posted on your impressions of the place after your long absence RM. :party0011:

34 minutes ago, ring_master said:

There's a slim possibility that I may turn this into a trip report if much more befalls me!

Good idea mate and hope you do B)

You could start a seperate thread in the Trip Report section of this forum :good:

• Like 2

On 6/9/2019 at 1:30 AM, duke007 said:

Good idea mate and hope you do B)

You could start a seperate thread in the Trip Report section of this forum :good:

I concur sir duke, unless of course RM's trip report includes an alternate baht bus fare which includes a rub and tug. :roadrage:

Hey, we can dream.   :drinks: 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Due to construction work, baht busses headed to Jomtien are turning onto Jomtien 2nd Road at Hanuman statue.     So you can get off there and walk to the beach or get off at 2nd Road and Soi 5 head towards the beach and take an alleyway to Soi 4 if headed to Katty Bar.   I think headed to Pattaya all is normal.