Exchange rate comparison website

Laawman

Nice find Ring Master and welcome to the Forum!  :drinks:

The good rates at the airport on on the basement on the property of the Airport Rail Link bit but in the back, u don't have to pay for the Rail link.. There is about a 2 baht per USD on the rates at the Airport Rail Link and the Airport proper. The rail link exchange booths open around 7am and close at about 11pm.

About 6 months ago the Rail link rates were as good as it gets but now it's not much different from the TT Exchange kiosks in Pattaya scattered about town, which is not listed on the website.

The very best rates are in the main branches of outfits such as Super Rich Thailand and Value Plus which are not in the monger zone.  Vasu on Sukhumvit and Soi 9/1 in Bangkok gives excellent rates.

http://www.vasuexchange.com/

The booths at the Rail Link still give an exceptional rate when changing baht for US $1 bills. The play for Americans is to bring over new 100's and when going home change baht into 1's at the Rail link. 

The best rates I have seen are at Super Rich right across the main boulevard from Central World.  It tucked into side streets right aside the big c building and a new mall thats popped up.  It always has had the best rates maybe only by  a tenth or maybe two tenths but, if you change a lot, it can add up.  

The last time i changed there though I had a couple of bills that had small, ink writing on them.  There were numbers and they got rejected.  thats the first time that ever happened.

Theres also a place on the corner of soi 8 and Suhkimvit Road thats pretty new and they have decent rates.  I wouldnt like it as its "on the street" and I would never feel comfortable changing large amounts right on the street.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2019 at 8:35 PM, ArchieBunker said:

The best rates I have seen are at Super Rich right across the main boulevard from Central World.  It tucked into side streets right aside the big c building and a new mall thats popped up.  It always has had the best rates maybe only by  a tenth or maybe two tenths but, if you change a lot, it can add up.  

Arch, this sounds like the Head Office of Super Rich Orange on Ratchadamri 2.  

Super Rich Orange

I'm not too familiar with the area but I think the Head Office of Super Rich Green is on Rajdamri 1 (which I assume is same same as Ratchadamri 1).

Super Rich Green

It appears that Super Rich Green on Rajdamri 1 offers slightly better rates than Super Rich Orange on Rajdamri 2.  

Btw, you turn a nice profit by exchanging all your baht into US One Dollar bills at Super Rich Green, depositing them in your bank back home and then withdrawing 100 dollars bills from your bank and exchanging them into baht at Super Rich Green.    They may not have a an unlimited number of 1's to give you though.

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

In Pattaya, TT (beware of similar names with same colors), Super T, and Damini all have about the same rate when exchanging major currencies for baht

However if you are exchanging baht for USD then Damini is the clear cut winner.  It's located on Soi Post Office.

http://daminiexchange.com/

There's 1 near tukcom something click.. gave about .10 baht more than a TT so I changed there, though only $200 (for next trip's change before starting).

Decent enough experience.

• Like 1