NDtvi Thailand (Nick Dean)

duke007

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

So according to Nick, Pattaya open air beer bars can resume business on Thursday.

We'll see...

There was a meeting yesterday:

Pattaya entrepreneurs ask the government to open beer bars

writes 77 Kaoded: 

https://www.77kaoded.com/news/sangk/2211059

Published December 14, 2021

If I read it right, the opening of beer bars before the holidays was - so far - just something what the business owners asked for:

"At Pattaya City Hall, Chonburi Province, Pattaya City entrepreneurs led by Mr. Boonan Pattanasin, President of the Pattaya Business and Tourism Association and representatives of various associations and organizations in Pattaya have gathered to meet Mr. Wuttisak Singhadecho, Bang Lamung District Chief, Mr Sonthaya Khunpluem, Pattaya City Mayor, Pol Col Kulchat Kulchai, Pattaya City Police Superintendent. They listened to the demands of the operators."

Whether the beer bars will be allowed to open tomorrow, as was suggested by NDTV and some folks on other forums, will be in the hands of the local / provincial authorities. The business owners' demands were apparently already forwarded to them. 

"Mr. Wuttisak asks for cooperation. If a restaurant operator violates for the first time, they will get a warning. But if it happens a second time, the district has the authority to make arrests. If entrepreneurs are not strict, it may result in Bang Lamung District having more strict measures."

The rules, i.e. the alcohol booze ban from 11 pm (more specifically alcohol can be served from 11 am - 2 pm and from 5 pm - 11 pm) and that the restaurants have to close at midnight are still in effect if I get this right...

1412642-1024x576.jpg

Translated from Thai into English using Google Translate so please bear with me if it's not 100% correct.

IMG_1827-1024x683.jpg

Edit: basically the same story appeared on:

https://www.khaosod.co.th/covid-19/news_6783647

Edited by Papa Sam
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, duke007 said:

I'm a stay at home who doesn't socialize all that much but Nick and Martin know lots of people around town and they say Omicron is spreading like wildfire around Pattaya.

This video was made on January 2nd so the cases known to them do not include the probable many new infections on New Year's Eve.  

More than. ever before official government numbers will be quite low due to unreported ATK positives from take home tests.  They mentioned that you can get a free test at Treetown, LK Metro or Walking Street but it is better to just buy your own test.  The official price is 60 baht but pharmacists  are charging about 130 baht.

I will be modifying my behavior and go into play it safe mode until I see how this shakes out in Pattaya.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Nick and Martin know lots of people around town and they say Omicron is spreading like wildfire around Pattaya.

so PD, Nick and the other cretin are qualified doctors are they?  don't you find it somewhat alarming that many people who possibly couldn't spell vakseen 18 months back are now experts? why, oh why do people accept what these vlogger fools say as though they were Moses coming down from Mount Sinai ?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

Nick and the other cretin are qualified doctors are they? 

Nick went to med school in Blighty.    :biggrin:

What they were saying is they know perhaps dozens (they didn't say the exact number) of people who recently (in the past few days) tested positive.  For example, the owner of Triangle Bar and his band.

7 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

so PD, Nick and the other cretin are qualified doctors are they?  don't you find it somewhat alarming that many people who possibly couldn't spell vakseen 18 months back are now experts? why, oh why do people accept what these vlogger fools say as though they were Moses coming down from Mount Sinai ?

My understanding is Nick is an anti vaxxer and has not actually  been vaccinated himself. He is in my opinion just an annoying e-begger and I can't listen to his voice for more than a minute.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fenton said:

I think Nick has done a good job overall. Up2you if wish to subscribe/donate whatever.

Just remember this, your accent is equally annoying to some people Bruce! :-)

Who mentioned anything about his accent? Who is Bruce?

Does a good job at what exactly? Tweedle dee and tweedle dumber just can't admit when they get things wrong.

If I was going to donate to a Thailand YouTube it would be with someone like  Chris from Retire Working For You

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fenton said:

I can't listen to his voice any longer?

Bruce? So your a Sheila then 555

I think Nick did some good videos through the lockdown and beyond.

Here's one for you less his voice, slightly more palatable one hopes.

If you wish to donate that is your choice does not make these vloggers e-beggars. Equipment, time and costs are incurred during production through to uploading.

I can't listen to his voice has nothing to do with his accent. It is to do with the dumb shit that comes out of his mouth.

Huh sorry I don't understand your vague reference to Bruce and being a Sheila. Maybe you can stop speaking in riddles?

The equipment was basically donated and his time would not be worth much. Anyone can donate to whatever they want. I am not going to tell anyone what to do with their money. So if you want waste your money go ahead.

Why can't I have a different opinion than you? You seem to like they guy and obviously others do to. So we can just agree to disagree on the quality of his videos.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Fenton said:

You dont know if the equipment was donated do you? Just an assumption.

Your perfectly entitled to your opinion.

I do know actually. Not all of it but a significant amount of it. I guess you never wondered why their "studio" has a name?

• 2 weeks later...