NDtvi Thailand (Nick Dean)

duke007

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

A real surprise that a joint named the Robin Hood Tavern would have a Michelin Star!  

If I'm understanding this correctly Chef Max is only responsible for the Max Menu?  And the main menu would be run of the mill pub grub?

The Robin Hood Tavern has a pretty good Rep for Grub from what I have read on both TripAdvisor and Ladyboy Fora.....B)

IMG_20191127_151150.jpg

IMG_20191127_151253.jpg

IMG_20191127_151357.jpg

IMG_20191127_151534.jpg

IMG_20191127_151748.jpg

IMG_20191127_151852.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

He's so unhip that when you say Dylan
He thinks you're talking about Dylan Thomas
Whoever he was
The man ain't got no culture

When I attended Primary School (aged from 7-11) it was compulsory for everyone to read the book 'Under Milk Wood' by a certain Dylan Thomas :wink:, in fact we were given a copy of the book to take home, had to read it in a certain time and then we were tested on it :yes:

My Grandson is also named 'Dylan' but not after Bob.

Another interesting fact is Under Milk Wood is based on a fictional small fishing village in Wales named Llareggub, which spelt backwards is Buggerall :biggrin:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

ot sure if I heard him right, but sounds like he will be changing the name to New Bar.  WTF, we already have a New Bar! 

He was talking about his new bar PD not what it would be called, as Nick said the name of the bar will be revealed in due course... :yes:

31 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

At 3:52, it sounds like what he is saying is the New Bar, what it is going to be named soon. But maybe he is saying which instead of what. 

I get what Nick is saying (being from England ) :biggrin:, but I also get where you are coming from PD.

I would be very surprised indeed if it was called New Bar, I think he will be more adventurous than that. 

And I will add that it is not a slant on the name of New Bar, as that is the owner's name so totally understandable. 

• Like 2