Polite Word For Ladyboys

Pdoggg

20 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Would หญิงสาวประเภทสอง be best or is there a better word or phrase

I think the Lady of the second Gender would just sound to over the top, I have never received any negative vibes when always simply referring to our Lady's as Ladyboys Pdoggg mind you if you wanted to make the person feel special you could refer to the Ladyboy as นางสาว which is insinuating in your belief that she is a Lady you would put the Ladyboys name before the นางสาว when introducing Her.  :drinks:  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigTel said:

I think the Lady of the second Gender would just sound to over the top, I have never received any negative vibes when always simply referring to our Lady's as Ladyboys Pdoggg mind you if you wanted to make the person feel special you could refer to the Ladyboy as นางสาว which is insinuating in your belief that she is a Lady you would put the Ladyboys name before the นางสาว when introducing Her.  :drinks:  

Thanks Tel!

This isn't for verbal communication though.  What word would a Thai newspaper use for a ladyboy or transwoman?

How about ผู้หญิงข้ามเพศ

2 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

How about ผู้หญิงข้ามเพศ

That's good but I would say that is more referring to a Western tag used as apposed to being used in Thailand. You would see that Transgender Woman used in a newspaper article over here perhaps or even they would say Transgender person which would be more politically correct . In Thailand I have seen Ladyboys referred to in Newspapers as persons of the third Sex or Gender

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigTel said:

That's good but I would say that is more referring to a Western tag used as apposed to being used in Thailand. You would see that Transgender Woman used in a newspaper article over here perhaps or even they would say Transgender person which would be more politically correct . In Thailand I have seen Ladyboys referred to in Newspapers as persons of the third Sex or Gender

So i guess something like บุคคลที่สามเพศ

i have never seen or heard บุคคล before.  I guess it is a more official form of คน ?

Is บุคคล too formal and stiff sounding?

10 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

So i guess something like บุคคลที่สามเพศ

i have never seen or heard บุคคล before.  I guess it is a more official form of คน ?

Is บุคคล too formal and stiff sounding?

บุคคล is a Noun used as in a "person or individual etc" so would be good to use also  try นรชาติ which can be used to describe, a Man, Woman or Person and would be put at the end of the Sentence. I will show you three examples of it in use.

คน, มนุษย์, ผู้ชาย, ชาย, บุรุษ, นรชาติ                                   คน, บุคคล, ผู้, ตนเอง, ราย, นรชาติ                   หญิง, สตรี, ลูกผู้หญิง, อิสตรี, มารศรี, นรชาติ

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BigTel said:

My pleasure Amigo  :drinks:.

Just noticed that you edited the post about ผู้หญิงข้ามเพศ

Is this not a way to refer in writing to ladyboys?

Would ผู้หญิงของเพศที่สาม be better?

4 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Just noticed that you edited the post about ผู้หญิงข้ามเพศ

Is this not a way to refer in writing to ladyboys?

Would ผู้หญิงของเพศที่สาม be better?

I edited it as I thought we had already gone over it previously but the ผู้หญิงข้ามเพศ is good and far more appropriate than the ผู้หญิงของเพศที่สาม .   :drinks:  :biggrin:

• Like 1