Baby Boom - Updates and Photos.

DownLoLarry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I hope it's OK to put this in here.

Many of the BMs on here will know Josh who used to run Baby Boom.

Sadly he is now very ill with bone cancer. Andy from the Hideaway Guesthouse is organising fundraising to get him back to Holland. It will cost 500,000 Baht for a medical flight. Josh did not have medical insurance. 144,000 Baht has already been raised in two days.

If anyone wants to donate they can do it by paypal to the Hideaway account. If you are in Pattaya you can leave donation at Hideaway.

https://gogetfunding.com/help-josh-from-baby-boom/

Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 17.55.07.png

• Like 3

4 hours ago, stoolpusher said:

another reason why we need and the Thai government made the ruling that all new visa applications must have health insurance. 

not so.

only visa applications from outside thailand. Another way to get ripped off.

note the comment from Andy that Josh's insurance does not cover repatriation. Does yours?

24 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

not so.

only visa applications from outside thailand. Another way to get ripped off.

note the comment from Andy that Josh's insurance does not cover repatriation. Does yours?

How can you get ripped off  when its your choice to apply  and you know what you are paying for

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stoolpusher said:

How can you get ripped off  when its your choice to apply  and you know what you are paying for

Well now... ripped of when the insurance company doesn't pay out. As an example... the guy who fell off the Hideaway balcony some years back, he was refused because they accused him of being drunk, which he wasn't, and Lord Jim proved it, only then after major battles and threats of media attention did L.J  manage to get money for the guy.

How can you get ripped off  when its your choice to apply  and you know what you are paying for.

not particularly insurance based...but just like you got ripped off by the thai embassy staff in Australia last year when they insisted that you had to buy a multi-entry stamp with your visa application. Not so... how much did that cost you?  

1 hour ago, blind boy grunt said:

not particularly insurance based...but just like you got ripped off by the thai embassy staff in Australia last year when they insisted that you had to buy a multi-entry stamp with your visa application. Not so... how much did that cost you?  

I did not get ripped off last year by the Thai embassy staff , I asked for a multi entry visa in the first place . Reason being, If covid had not hit town I would have gone back to Australia to see my  Dad for his 90th Birthday and also other trips , that would have saved me going to immigration at Nong Khai ( my closest office ) to get a reentry stamp that is not for free and at the time it was cheaper  ( in the long run ) and easier than getting a single entry visa and again it was my choice .

As far as insurance goes READ the fine print and get every thing in righting , people forget that insurance companies like all others are in business to make money and will try to get out of paying any policy .

I do wish Josh all the best .  

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...