4 hours ago, duke007 said:

Letterman

The best of them all, I agree.

4 hours ago, ArchieBunker said:

Answer D Duke, he is an asshole wanker/hypocrite.

Come on, archie. Who do you have? Lumpy Hannity? Even your boy Shepard Smith hates your president.

You should  watch clever guys like Chris Cuomo , Bill Maher, Colbert.

Cuomo was recently  attacked by some MAGA-hicks on his holiday with his family. I'm sure you've seen it.

2 hours ago, xyzzy said:

Stephen Colbert had a very funny show on Comedy Network

Correct. The slot after Jon Stewart. I think he took over Stewarts show for awhile ,then both Letterman and Stewart retired and left a void 

yet to be filled.

1 hour ago, ArchieBunker said:

I guess ignorance is bliss

Yes indeed, and Donnie will re-elected, sadly.

• Like 1

I must admit I felt a little uneasy

When she bent down to tie the laces of my shoe

The title of the above video is the People vs Parliament.   But wouldn't a more appropriate title be 50% of the People vs Parliament?   Do more than 50% of the people really want a no-deal Brexit?   

I realize there are there are differences between the various components of the UK and also differences along ethnic lines.  I assume that over 80% of the Englanders on Soi Buakhao would be delighted by a hard Brexit.

I have no horse in this race although a no-deal Brexit would probably be good for the USA as then the USA would be able to negotiate a very favorable trade deal with the UK.

I guess passions are inflamed all over the world these days. In the USA, Thanksgiving dinners have become war zones due to the extreme partisanship that is quite different from the Bush and Obama days.  So I reckon the same is going on in the UK with Brexit being as divisive as Trump. 

• Like 1

If using Booking.com or Agoda please help support LBR and use our links.

Click Here For The Pattaya Hotel Guide and our Links

In the couple of hours after writing the above post, I was watching someYoutube videos about advertising, totally unrelated to Brexit.   On Youtube's sidebar they have other videos you can click on so I found the one I'm posting.  I don't think it's a coincidence that this video was presented to me.

Here's a video discussing Facebook's role in the Brexit vote. I have no idea how accurate it is but interesting.

If using Booking.com or Agoda please help support LBR and use our links.

Click Here For The Pattaya Hotel Guide and our Links

PDoggg you are correct, it is around 52% who voted for Brexit, and if the referendum were held again, the results might even flip, so it really isn't against the people's wishes, it is against 50% or so of the people's wishes.

• Like 2

Amber Rudd has now given Boris the hair flick and walked away both from the cabinet and the Tory party.  Interesting times indeed.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/brexit-amber-rudd-quits-johnson-s-cabinet-and-tory-party-in-protest-1.4011313 

• Like 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pink-floyd-legend-labels-boris-johnson-sociopath-173255408.html

Pink Floyd legend labels Boris Johnson a 'sociopath'

Venice (AFP) - Pink Floyd legend Roger Waters branded British prime minister Boris Johnson a dangerous "sociopath" Friday.

He said that like Brazil's far-right President Jair Bolsonaro, Johnson and Trump had embarked on "a wilful quest to destroy this beautiful planet on which we live.

"If we do not resist the neo-liberal and neo-fascist forces that are tearing the planet apart there will not be anything left for our children and their children," the veteran star declared.

British-born Waters, a long-time supporter of left-wing causes, told AFP that Johnson "fits all the fascist paradigms. He is a larger-than-life buffoon totally uninterested in anything beyond how can he can get power.

"Fascism is always an unholy alliance between the ruling and the corporate class with the popular support of the uneducated mass. That is what is happening in the UK at the moment," he insisted.

Mick Jagger Condemns Trump Administration’s Climate Change Stance

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/mick-jagger-trump-climate-change-venice-881402/

Mick Jagger condemned the Trump administration’s climate change stance and criticized Donald Trump and British Prime Minister Boris Johnson for creating polarization among their nation’s citizens.

Jagger and co-star Donald Sutherland also slammed leaders like Trump, Johnson and Argentina’s Jair Balsonaro who divide rather than unite. “In so many countries, including my own this last week… but particularly the U.S, it’s a bit of a sea change. It is not about manners,” Jagger said, adding that he feared “where all this polarization and rudeness and lying [is going to lead us].”

Sutherland added, “Mick is right, the controls [in the U.S.] under Obama were barely adequate – now they are being torn apart. It’s the same in Brazil and they will be torn apart in England [under Brexit]… When you are 85 years old and you have children and grandchildren, we will leave them nothing if we do not vote those people out of office in Brazil and in London and in Washington. They are ruining the world. We have contributed to the ruination of it, but they are ensuring it.”

10403833h.jpg

20 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Amber Rudd has now given Boris the hair flick and walked away both from the cabinet and the Tory party.  Interesting times indeed.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/brexit-amber-rudd-quits-johnson-s-cabinet-and-tory-party-in-protest-1.4011313 

Not quite accurate BB, she stated this morning on The Andrew Marr show, that she will be remaining very much a member  of the Conservatives, but has conceded the Whip. I think this is possibly an even bigger blow to the Tory leadership, as it maintains a number of dissident MO's within the Tory rank willing to challenge the leadership.

8 minutes ago, ciobha said:

Not quite accurate BB, she stated this morning on The Andrew Marr show, that she will be remaining very much a member  of the Conservatives, but has conceded the Whip. I think this is possibly an even bigger blow to the Tory leadership, as it maintains a number of dissident MO's within the Tory rank willing to challenge the leadership.

Yea I noticed that update this morning, looks like yesterday’s report was off the mark a tad.   But like you say a significant move none the less.

LOL Chris Cuomo MIGHT have an IQ of 90, if its that high!!  NOBODY watches his show.  He got smartmouthed by a couple of numpties in that bastion of diversity-The Hamptons on Long Island.  They were being smartasses to Cuomo and called him "Freddo"-the loser brother from the Godfather films.  Cuomo actually said that calling an Italian American Freddo is the same as calling some one black a nigger.......my goodness.  The guy is a dope.....

14 hours ago, ArchieBunker said:

Are you calling me Fredo??  Thats an insult!!  I might as well call you a DANE!!!!!!

Haha. Yes, I agree Cuomo was off there. You can't  compare the N word to Fredo.

Dane is fine as long as you don't call me  norwegian :biggrin:

(My + count is a scary number. Hopefully daveduke can give me a like to up the numbers. Go Brexit! Long live the Queen! Manchester United is the best football team in the world, and Ronaldo the best player ever! :biggrin: ).

• Like 3

14 hours ago, seven said:

(My + count is a scary number. Hopefully daveduke can give me a like to up the numbers. Go Brexit! Long live the Queen! Manchester United is the best football team in the world, and Ronaldo the best player ever! :biggrin: ).

I was going to give you a like, but after the last two phrases I'll leave it to duke. Also, being Friday 13th, I did not want to tempt fate with your + count. Take an honorary like.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, cobber32 said:

I was going to give you a like, but after the last two phrases I'll leave it to duke. Also, being Friday 13th, I did not want to tempt fate with your + count. Take an honorary like.

Thanks, cobber. Ah that's right, friday 13th and 666.

Duke and I agree on basically nothing, except maybe for the love of ladymen, so I was just saying the things he wants to hear and believes.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, seven said:

And it's my birthday. At least I wasn't born on Friday the 13th.

• Like 1

Hey guys!

Operation 'Yellow Hammer'

Is the governments plan for a no deal Brexit. 

However 'BBC' don't know I'm quietly working on Operation 'Pink Chisel'  The Brexza at Tiffany's Deal.. 

It Includes full state of the art aesthetic options & a brand new Gabby Gabby voice box. The Brexza Doll will make the perfect Loy Krathong gift

Do you think the Thai Government will agree to this plan? 

I am making arrangements for my return from exile...

I also have some plans for elissabat economy & Melissa jelly dreams for a brand new Cabaret show...

I'm Looking forward to working together on 'pink Chisel' with everyone here at the Ladyboy review.. 

Zaza

(The geek)

Screenshot_20190913-015530.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, seven said:

Duke and I agree on basically nothing, except maybe for the love of ladymen, so I was just saying the things he wants to hear and believes.

Yes I know about duke and his football "likes" (and dislikes). Well, your + count has changed, so you can relax now

It's good to be able to share a joke as well as to be serious when we have to.

• Like 1