7 hours ago, Quietguy said:

He's not insane. He is clever, but also a narcissistic entitled bully. He covers that up quite well with the bumbling buffoon act. I can't see him doing any better than May with negotiating the Withdrawal Agreement with the EU, so it will be interesting to see what happens as we approach the deadline 31 October.

He is in the news again today about a domestic row with his current partner who he left his wife for:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/21/police-called-to-loud-altercation-at-boris-johnsons-home

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48721211

I doubt it will have any effect on his supporters though. 

Oh, is it Oct 31 now? The drama goes on :biggrin:

Of course it won't effect his voters. Look at USA and Trump. Half of their population still support this asshole.

• Like 1

The deadline was 29 March, but was extended to 31 October (Halloween!). May resigned because MPs voted against her deal and she said she couldn't get anything which would be acceptable to her party. So the new PM will only have 3 months to get a new deal, when May couldn't get a deal which was acceptable to the UK Parliament in 3 years. It's highly unlikely the EU is going to renegotiate anything substantial, so either the EU or the UK decide there's no point in any further negotiations on 31 October and we crash out without an agreement. Or there is a further extension.

But Johnson has maintained during his leadership campaign that the UK has to leave on 31 October. Of course he has a track record of being a liar, who tries to cover up his lies by 'humorous' bluster. So how this all ends is anyone's guess.

Yes his supporters are saying last night's events are a private matter and not relevant to the leadership contest. Other Johnson supporters are attacking the concerned neighbours who called the police saying  they are like 'the Stasi'. 

• Like 2

Deliver Unite Defeat Energize

DUDE

dude1.jpg

Why did so few people vote in this election?  Only about 140,000 Tories voted. This surprises me. I would have expected turnout to be much higher considering how emotional the Brexit issue is..  

If using Booking.com or Agoda please help support LBR and use our links.

Click Here For The Pattaya Hotel Guide and our Links

6 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Why did so few people vote in this election?  Only about 140,000 Tories voted. This surprises me. I would have expected turnout to be much higher considering how emotional the Brexit issue is..  

It wasn't an election, at least not one that the general electorate participated in. It was a Conservative Party Leadership contest as May had resigned. As Leader of the governing party he then also becomes Prime Minister.

The Conservative Party has 159,320 members eligible to vote, so the members who voted are 87.4% of the eligible membership, a relatively high proportion.

But the problems facing Johnson will be the same as those which faced May, and he will have an even smaller majority. One Conservative MP has had the Conservative Whip removed after being charged with sexual assaults last week. The Conservative Party will probably lose a by-election in Wales next week after their MP there was convicted of fraud and the electors called for him to be removed (he is standing again).

So Johnson is likely to have a majority of only three. And some Ministers in May's  Government have resigned or said they will not serve in a Johnson Government and might vote against any 'No Deal' Brexit.

It is probable that he will have to call a General Election to try to get a working majority. That might be quite soon.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Will Boris instruct the RAF to bomb Brussels?

Good idea PD :yes:, and hopefully Sweden as well while we are at :biggrin:

20190727_121939.png

20190727_122003.png

• Like 1

I must admit I felt a little uneasy

When she bent down to tie the laces of my shoe

On 7/27/2019 at 12:10 PM, duke007 said:

Good idea PD :yes:, and hopefully Sweden as well while we are at :biggrin:

What have you got against Sweden? :dwarf:

10 hours ago, Quietguy said:

What have you got against Sweden? :dwarf:

Not everything is bad about Sweden

For example ...Agnetha Faltskog :Drooling:

The Saint aka Simon Templar and his cool Volvo car plus a couple of Ladyboys :spiteful:

20190730_170823.png

20190730_174635.png

The Bond girl Britt Ekland :man_in_love:

20190730_172741.png

And of course Zlatan, now a Legend at Old Trafford  :love0029:

Funnily enough I watched this EFL Cup Final ( Feb 2017) in the the Sports Bar on Soi Buakhao with my ladyboy friend Nickky (from Jomtien); she did inform me that her husband was United's #9 :biggrin:

I must admit I felt a little uneasy

When she bent down to tie the laces of my shoe