7 hours ago, Quietguy said:

He's not insane. He is clever, but also a narcissistic entitled bully. He covers that up quite well with the bumbling buffoon act. I can't see him doing any better than May with negotiating the Withdrawal Agreement with the EU, so it will be interesting to see what happens as we approach the deadline 31 October.

He is in the news again today about a domestic row with his current partner who he left his wife for:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/21/police-called-to-loud-altercation-at-boris-johnsons-home

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48721211

I doubt it will have any effect on his supporters though. 

Oh, is it Oct 31 now? The drama goes on :biggrin:

Of course it won't effect his voters. Look at USA and Trump. Half of their population still support this asshole.

• Like 1

The deadline was 29 March, but was extended to 31 October (Halloween!). May resigned because MPs voted against her deal and she said she couldn't get anything which would be acceptable to her party. So the new PM will only have 3 months to get a new deal, when May couldn't get a deal which was acceptable to the UK Parliament in 3 years. It's highly unlikely the EU is going to renegotiate anything substantial, so either the EU or the UK decide there's no point in any further negotiations on 31 October and we crash out without an agreement. Or there is a further extension.

But Johnson has maintained during his leadership campaign that the UK has to leave on 31 October. Of course he has a track record of being a liar, who tries to cover up his lies by 'humorous' bluster. So how this all ends is anyone's guess.

Yes his supporters are saying last night's events are a private matter and not relevant to the leadership contest. Other Johnson supporters are attacking the concerned neighbours who called the police saying  they are like 'the Stasi'. 

• Like 2

Deliver Unite Defeat Energize

DUDE

dude1.jpg

Why did so few people vote in this election?  Only about 140,000 Tories voted. This surprises me. I would have expected turnout to be much higher considering how emotional the Brexit issue is..  

If using Booking.com or Agoda please help support LBR and use our links.

Click Here For The Pattaya Hotel Guide and our Links

6 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Why did so few people vote in this election?  Only about 140,000 Tories voted. This surprises me. I would have expected turnout to be much higher considering how emotional the Brexit issue is..  

It wasn't an election, at least not one that the general electorate participated in. It was a Conservative Party Leadership contest as May had resigned. As Leader of the governing party he then also becomes Prime Minister.

The Conservative Party has 159,320 members eligible to vote, so the members who voted are 87.4% of the eligible membership, a relatively high proportion.

But the problems facing Johnson will be the same as those which faced May, and he will have an even smaller majority. One Conservative MP has had the Conservative Whip removed after being charged with sexual assaults last week. The Conservative Party will probably lose a by-election in Wales next week after their MP there was convicted of fraud and the electors called for him to be removed (he is standing again).

So Johnson is likely to have a majority of only three. And some Ministers in May's  Government have resigned or said they will not serve in a Johnson Government and might vote against any 'No Deal' Brexit.

It is probable that he will have to call a General Election to try to get a working majority. That might be quite soon.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Will Boris instruct the RAF to bomb Brussels?

Good idea PD :yes:, and hopefully Sweden as well while we are at :biggrin:

20190727_121939.png

20190727_122003.png

• Like 1

I must admit I felt a little uneasy

When she bent down to tie the laces of my shoe

On 7/27/2019 at 12:10 PM, duke007 said:

Good idea PD :yes:, and hopefully Sweden as well while we are at :biggrin:

What have you got against Sweden? :dwarf:

10 hours ago, Quietguy said:

What have you got against Sweden? :dwarf:

Not everything is bad about Sweden

For example ...Agnetha Faltskog :Drooling:

The Saint aka Simon Templar and his cool Volvo car plus a couple of Ladyboys :spiteful:

20190730_170823.png

20190730_174635.png

The Bond girl Britt Ekland :man_in_love:

20190730_172741.png

And of course Zlatan, now a Legend at Old Trafford  :love0029:

Funnily enough I watched this EFL Cup Final ( Feb 2017) in the the Sports Bar on Soi Buakhao with my ladyboy friend Nickky (from Jomtien); she did inform me that her husband was United's #9 :biggrin:

Never been a big Hugh Grant fan, but I am now :

Hugh Grant has issued a blistering takedown of Boris Johnson in response to the prime minister's controversial plans to suspend parliament

The British actor branded Johnson "an over-promoted rubber bath toy" on Twitter, in a post that has garnered more than 57,000 retweets and 235,000 likes. 

"You will not f*** with my children’s future," he wrote, quote-tweeting a video of Johnson explaining his plans. "You will not destroy the freedoms my grandfather fought two world wars to defend.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/hugh-grant-twitter-boris-johnson-parliament-suspended-prorogued-queen-latest-a9083091.html

EDEgmFuWkAEs40c.jpg

9 hours ago, seven said:

Never been a big Hugh Grant fan, but I am now :

I think once Boris has finished off Corbyn He should make a start on Hugh Grant !

69537797_10214431688682801_7507197667668131840_n.jpg

• Like 3

Boris and the British right wing are actually to the LEFT of supposed USA left wingers like Uncle Joe Biden or Hillary Clinton.

Don't think many Brit politicians would dream of abolishing the NHS or allowing citizens to own assault weapons.  

Biden/Clinton and those of their ilk claim that free health care for USA citizens is "pie in the sky". Forget milkshaking, American politicians who say that health care is a privilege instead of a right should get a pie in the face. 

pie.jpeg

• Like 1

20190905_125011.jpg

• Like 1

What perfect timing for The Third Man to step back out of the shadows. Often hailed as the finest film Britain ever made, a 70th anniversary re-release will see it return to cinemas with the government much in the market for symbols of national grandeur. While Boris Johnson has named his favourite film as Dodgeball – for once, eerily believable – as the great British breakdown goes on it is easy to imagine him waving a tiny Union Jack at Carol Reed’s majestic noir.

It is true, of course, that there could be no better moment for The Third Man to reappear – just not as a cosy patriotic treat. Rather, it is a cold premonition of no-deal Britain.

In that, there is a certain poetry. We are where we are in no small part due to endless British war films convincing a generation born in the 1950s that they had lived through the Blitz and could only be happy back in it. But The Third Man is a postwar movie. American hack writer Holly Martins (Joseph Cotten) arrives in Vienna to meet, then mourn, his old friend Harry Lime (Orson Welles), but the city he finds tells a bitter truth about life after wartime. “Smashed and dreary,” the screenwriter, Graham Greene, wrote in the novella drafted as a treatment.

• Like 1

• Like 2

Who the fuck is Stephen Colbert? , and what has he got to do with the UK? :mad0261:

I actually took the time to watch this video and I have just wasted 4 minutes of my life:fool:, he is as about as funny as having toothache :lazy:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, duke007 said:

Who the fuck is Stephen Colbert?

Hes the guy who replaced Letterman as Late Show host on CBS.

50 minutes ago, seven said:

Hes the guy who replaced Letterman as Late Show host on CBS.

At least Letterman tried to be funny, but came unstuck by a lot of British people including Oliver :biggrin:

I would rather be kicked in the bollocks than watch this guy Colbert tbh ...:unsure:

1 hour ago, duke007 said:

Who the fuck is Stephen Colbert? , and what has he got to do with the UK? :mad0261:

I actually took the time to watch this video and I have just wasted 4 minutes of my life:fool:, he is as about as funny as having toothache :lazy:

Answer D Duke, he is an asshole wanker/hypocrite.  His show was foundering right before Trump got elected.  It was on life support.  Trump got elected and he jumped on the bandwagon of all the "swells/Hollywood Liberal Elites" and just started bashing Trump.  His rating took off as his reliable audience of trained seals whoop and holler on cue.........

Sorry you got sucked into watching this POS.

• Like 2

Stephen Colbert had a very funny show on Comedy Network before he got the ex Letterman gig. When he was on Comedy Network he sometimes expressed/made fun of liberals and sometimes conservatives. What he is now on Late Night I have no idea because I never watch it. But after all he is just a comedian. 

58 minutes ago, xyzzy said:

Stephen Colbert had a very funny show on Comedy Network before he got the ex Letterman gig. When he was on Comedy Network he sometimes expressed/made fun of liberals and sometimes conservatives. What he is now on Late Night I have no idea because I never watch it. But after all he is just a comedian. 

Your last line says it all, "after all he is just a comedian".  The problem is thats where many of these barking, triggered, safe space needing seals obtain their perceived news............

I am telling you, the more these dopes talk, the closer Trump will get to 270...............................

They are totally unhinged.  

I have been following the "news" a lot less lately.  I guess ignorance is bliss.  I am too busy trying to wrack up my work hours (and money) in order to enjoy large swaths of time in Thailand.