Pdoggg

6 Nations

Wales beat England last night to take the lead in 6 Nations Rugby.

Ireland needs to grab 5 points today against Italy and then they are back in thick of it and could take it all if they beat Wales in the finale.

Rooting for Ireland because of my heritage but tbh was not impressed by their play in the first two games.

The final weekend of the competition might well be a rollercoaster.  At the moment it looks like either Wales or England will win it outright with Wales the only team still in with a shout of the Grand Slam.  Ireland will likely come up short because of lack of bonus points and scores for and against difference.  

3rd try for Ireland.   Up 19-16. Lots of time left to get their 4th Try for a bonus point!   :FourLeafClover:

Edit: 4th Try!    :yahoo:

6 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

3rd try for Ireland.   Up 19-16. Lots of time left to get their 4th Try for a bonus point!   :FourLeafClover:

Edit: 4th Try!    :yahoo:

But a very error ridden performance.  Italy were still in it until the last quarter.  It looks like they are still a bit shaken from the first round defeat to England.  This was supposed to be the game that got them back in their groove, but if they perform like this against France and Wales they might well come out on the wrong side of the results.  

Will be rooting for Scotland and Italy Saturday night to help Ireland's chances.

12 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Will be rooting for Scotland and Italy Saturday night to help Ireland's chances.

I used to like you  PD  :biggrin:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Can’t see Italy keeping England to three tries, so a bonus point for England in that match.  Wales are on a roll after a tough win over England in the last round and should be too much for Scotland even though the game is in Edinburgh.  

4th Try for Ireland giving them a bonus point.

So after 4 rounds I'd say England should be the favorite given that they will certainly win any tiebreak based on points differential.

2 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

So after 4 rounds I'd say England should be favourite given that they will certainly win any tiebreak based on points differential.

If Wales win they will win the Grand Slam regardless of what England do and I cant see anything but a Taff win tbh, especially being at home at Cardiff Arms Park and with the most fervent fans in the world (imho) behind them, isnt it <_<

20190310_193759.png

• Like 1

Forgot about the Grand Slam points. 

But if Ireland wins with a bonus point and England wins without a bonus point then England will still win on Points differential.

So Ireland will need Scotland to win or draw for the Irish to take it all assuming they win.

• Like 1

It looks like it is going to be an exciting final day of rugby.  With England v Scotland the last game of the day, they (England) will know what they need to do to win the championship if other results go their way.  There again Wales might well be the Grand Slam champions by kick off time of that final game.  

On 3/11/2019 at 3:54 AM, bumblebee said:

It looks like it is going to be an exciting final day of rugby.

Looking forward to it. Will watch the Ireland game and if they win then then the England game.

5 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Looking forward to it. Will watch the Ireland game and if they win then then the England game.

Hard to see Scotland, with a few of their star players injured, beating England in Twickenham    If Ireland manage to beat Wales then the championship is England’s to lose.

Permutations

England, Ireland and Wales all still have a chance to win the Six Nations title going into the final weekend. Wales win if they beat Ireland in Cardiff If Wales and England finish tied on 20 points, which is quite possible, then Wales will still be crowned champions as Grand Slam winners are automatically awarded three bonus points under Six Nations rules

A draw between Wales and Ireland – and England losing to Scotland at Twickenham – would see Wales win the title without a Grand Slam A draw between Wales and Ireland – and England beating Scotland – would see England crowned champions If Ireland beat Wales and England defeat Scotland, then England will be champions If Ireland beat Wales and England lose to Scotland, then Ireland will be champions

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/six-nations-2019-champions-england-ireland-wales/

The Taffs certainly put the Paddy's to bed, too easy and they coasted it 

But well done to the Boyo's on the Grand Slam, very well deserved :drinks:

• Like 2

What happened with the Jocks coming back like that :search:

Were they on Speed?  :biggrin:

20190316_191216.png

20190316_191249.png

• Like 1

Well done Wales,  Ireland just weren’t at the races today.  I didn’t even watch the England Scotland game as I reckoned it would be a foregone conclusion in England’s favour.  Shows how much I know.