seven

Champions League 2019

2 hours ago, seven said:

Tonight Messi gives Liverpool coup de grace. Not to be missed!

At halftime, Liverpool 1 Barca nil.

I'll watch the second half with Cambodian announcers.

Btw, if Premier League played by NFL rules then Liverpool would be in first place in the Premier League assuming teams did not alter their playing style based on the scoring rules.

If using Booking.com or Agoda please help support LBR and use our links.

Click Here For The Pattaya Hotel Guide and our Links

15 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

What a difference 5 minutes makes. One more unanswered goal and Liverpool is in the finals and Paul, Ringo, and Ciobha will be happy campers! Anfield sounds loud to me.

14 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

What a difference 5 minutes makes. One more unanswered goal and Liverpool is in the finals and Paul, Ringo, and Ciobha will be happy campers! Anfield sounds loud to me.

4-0 at the 78:30.  Football ain't a bad game once you get used to it.  So far,everytime I've seen the so called great Messi he has choked.

Scouse twats :sorry:

I must admit I felt a little uneasy

When she bent down to tie the laces of my shoe

Oh dear:biggrin::clapping:

Congrats, ciobha! What a fantastic game. 

Klopp will be a statue now.

I lnow players normally swap shirts at the end of the game but is it true Klopp and Suarez swapped teeth? :biggrin:

Well done Liverpool, fantastic comeback to go through to the Final after the 1st leg result :good:

There, I have said it :cold:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, duke007 said:

There, I have said it :cold:

YNWA, Dave. :biggrin:  I can only imagine should Pool go win CL and PL now,  british press will let you know :biggrin: ( and the new royal baby).

Klopps teeth are about as real as  Pogbas commitment to Man U.

Gareth Roberts was just on CNN and he said the Liverpool bars were rocking late.

What an amazing victory having to win by four goals over a team with Messi and Suarez!

If I hear right, he said Liverpool hasn't won a Premier League title since the early 90's.   Of course, they need to City to choke.

20 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I'll watch the second half with Cambodian announcers.

Btw, if Premier League played by NFL rules then Liverpool would be in first place in the Premier League assuming teams did not alter their playing style based on the scoring rules.

How do you figure L'pool would be first??  Its a moot point anyway since its 3 pts for a win and 1 for a draw.  years ago it was only 2 for a win-under those rules L'pool would be ahead.  But..........if my auntie had two meat and veg she would be my uncle!!!

3 minutes ago, ArchieBunker said:

years ago it was only 2 for a win-under those rules L'pool would be ahead. 

That's what I mean.  Those NFL rules are fairer but I like 3 points for a win as it makes a game less boring.   I'm sure football purists appreciate the beauty of a scoreless game but it's not my cuppa.  :sign0196:

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

That's what I mean.  Those NFL rules are fairer but I like 3 points for a win as it makes a game less boring.   I'm sure football purists appreciate the beauty of a scoreless game but it's not my cuppa.  :sign0196:

Well, many 0-0 games are boring often turgid affairs.  Sometimes, you have some entertaining 0-0 games but not too often.  Usually the classic games have quite a few goals in them or some goals and a lot of penalty area action.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Wow Wow Wow 

3-3 on aggregate, Tottenham win on away goals rule.

All English Champions League Final

Well done Spurs  :good:

20190508_220543.png

Unbelievable! The beautiful delivers again. These 2 second legs of the semis have been amazing.

I'm really happy for the Spurs:clapping:

I couldn't watch the game, was in the car listening to the radio and had to pull over when 5 mins stop time was announced. 

Its an All English Europa Cup Final as well :yes:

20190509_230412.png

Been quite the year for Enland football. Last years World Cup success and now this CL and EL. 

You should be proud , duke

59814862_10156237178492555_7856730923784470528_n.jpg

I am not one for supporting English teams (apart from my own) in European competitions but I am going to make an exception this season on cheer on both the North London teams (Spurs and Arsenal) in the Champions League and Europa League Finals. :20:

As for the Royals, Prince William will be cheering on Aston Villa in the Championship play-offs as he is a very big fan of theirs :yes:

Strange as I am the only Italian not liking football...and now being in Thailand I really don't give a fuck.....am I becoming gay?

4 hours ago, Sustra4 said:

Strange as I am the only Italian not liking football...and now being in Thailand I really don't give a fuck.....am I becoming gay?

You are already well past that stage now Sustra :biggrin:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, duke007 said:

I am not one for supporting English teams (apart from my own) in European competitions but I am going to make an exception this season on cheer on both the North London teams (Spurs and Arsenal) in the Champions League and Europa League Finals. :20:

How about the Premier League?  Do you want City or Liverpool to win it?

15 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

:biggrin: 

2 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I would have said Man City as I dont want Liverpool to win any game let alone a Trophy :movethatass:

However having listened to the verbal diarrhea this season from fans from the Emptyhad Stadium, a lot really do think they are a massive Club and bigger than Man United now :crazy: .

Yet they are still very much a minnow in Europe football wise and certainly a stikleback  Globalwise. :20:

I dont really care who wins the Premier League, whoever finishes Top deserves it at the end of the day. <_<

• Like 1

May 13, 2019

An investigation into accusations that Premier League champion Manchester City misled European soccer’s financial regulators in pursuit of its success on the field is expected to recommend that the team be barred from the Champions League, European soccer’s richest competition and the trophy the club covets most.

English soccer authorities and officials at UEFA, European soccer’s governing body and the organizer of the Champions League, have for months been investigating Manchester City amid allegations of rule-breaking revealed in damaging leaks over much of the past year. Members of the investigatory chamber of UEFA’s financial control board, a group set up to analyze the accounts of clubs suspected of breaking strict cost-control regulations, met two weeks ago in Nyon, Switzerland, to finalize their conclusions.

The investigatory panel’s leader, the former prime minister of Belgium Yves Leterme, will have the final say on the submission to a separate adjudicatory chamber, which could be filed as soon as this week. The body is expected to seek at least a one-season ban.

Even the suggestion of a ban would be a stinging rebuke for Manchester City and its Gulf owners, who celebrated a fourth Premier League title in eight seasons on Sunday. They long have sought to add the Champions League — club soccer’s top prize — to the club’s growing haul of domestic trophies, and any effort to bar the team is likely to spark a monumental legal fight.

Manchester City’s current squad, assembled and financed at the cost of more than $1 billion, is just the latest example of the financial might the club’s owner, Sheik Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan, the brother of the ruler of the United Arab Emirates, can bring to bear. Sheik Mansour has invested billions over the past two decades — on players, coaches, facilities and the team’s operations — to transform Manchester City, which played in England’s second tier as recently as 2002, into one of soccer’s biggest and most successful brands.

It remains unclear if any Champions League ban, if levied, would be enforced next season or in the 2020-21 campaign. Qualification games for next season’s tournament begin in June, meaning UEFA faces a race against time to finalize a sanction that City would have the right to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/13/sports/manchester-city-champions-league-uefa.html