Vietnam (Or Using This Website Like a Cheap Whore)

RandiUno2

Made it to Da Nang. Checked into my hotel, changed and went for a nice long swim in the ocean. Then I went back to the hotel got cleaned up and had lunch. Amazing ocean view from the restaurant. 
Not sure if it’s because of the time of year, but the weather has been awesome here; low 80s during the day and low 70s at night. Water temp I’d guess was around the middle 70s. That’s pretty close to perfect, for me. 
Went to Hoi An which was nice, if a bit crowded and touristy. Lots of Koreans and Ozzies. 
Pics to follow.

• Like 2

Da Nang has been ok. Wanted to go for another swim in the ocean, but it’s been raining today. Don’t wanna risk getting sick from shitty run-off water. Tried the pool at the hotel. It ain’t heated so forget that. 
Guess it’ll just be lunch then a massage and a nap. That still leaves a pretty big chunk of the day left, not sure how I will entertain myself. Guess I’ll figure it out. 
I gotta say, I am enjoying being a three week millionaire, four star hotels and flying business class is pretty sweet. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, strocube said:

I gotta say, I am enjoying being a three week millionaire, four star hotels and flying business class is pretty sweet. 

You're living the good life Stro!   :yahoo:

Looks like a mighty red hole in the above pic; must of been up to monkey business.   :Monkey:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sustra4 said:

Ha ha...

Nice pics... how's the food in Vietnam?

How about those giant monkey balls!? 
Food has been excellent. So far, the best food has been in Da Lat, no question. 
Glad you liked the pics. I’ve been having fun with the basic editing software on the iPad. You can really make ‘em pop with that. 

• Like 2

Turns out I’m here in the low season; their version of winter. 
Was bored yesterday so I decided to go for a body surf session even though it had rained. There was a bit of storm chop, a mild rip current, and a strong long-shore current towards the south. Waves were small by SoCal standards, maybe three feet on the biggest sets. Red flags were flapping in a strong breeze. Fuck it, I went anyway. After about a half an hour I got rousted outta the water by a very irate life guard. He waved me into shore. I thought about ignoring him and making him swim out to me, but I thought better of it and got out. He scolded me flapping his arms around and pointing to the red flags shouting, “big water!” “dangerous, no swim!”. I smiled and apologized, then walked back to the hotel. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, strocube said:

Waves were small by SoCal standards, maybe three feet on the biggest sets. Red flags were flapping in a strong breeze. Fuck it, I went anyway. After about a half an hour I got rousted outta the water by a very irate life guard. He waved me into shore. I thought about ignoring him and making him swim out to me, but I thought better of it and got out. He scolded me flapping his arms around and pointing to the red flags shouting, “big water!” “dangerous, no swim!”.

Charlie don't surf but Stro does!  

• Like 2

Đà Lạt has been empty of ladyboys so far but you could have been more lucky. I woke up this morning and found that a show is taking place over there. It seems to be  organized in conjunction with a local fair for a limited time. If it had been one week earlier, You would have found it. 

1036779869_DaLat281119.png.63ca25b4e884301b2a7a81a0751803fb.png

In Winter, when you go north of Hue (and Đà Nẵng is not so far) the weather becomes either rainy or fresh (as Autumn in Europe). People of Hanoi complain of cold weather whereas European guys still hang out with trousers and tshirts. You haven't lost much in Đà Nẵng. There might be hidden activities of ladyboys but not in the nightlife area on the left bank of the Hàn river downstream from the dragon bridge (Cầu Rồng). I had walked across the river on this bridge when coming back from the hotel where I had met my first ladyboy in Vietnam. (Not my most memorable experience indeed). 

CauRong.gif.cc6990c27a441d24b62a318c5daf5f53.gif

• Like 3

Forget all your prejudices. You can go and yell "God bless America" in the streets even in Hanoi, nobody will care unless you do it in front of Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum. Even though, if you run fast enough, you shouldn't have so much troubles. You risk a ticket for breaking road safety rules in other places. 

• Like 2

It’s been smoggy as fuck everywhere I’ve gone, so far. Have developed the ubiquitous cough everyone seems to be walking around with. Not pleased about that, at all. Still, not feeling too bad, thankfully. 
Headed black to HCMC right now. Booked three nights there at another lovely four star, boutique hotel. I guess this will be the mongering portion of the trip. Have a few possibilities lined up from Locanto and another site I joined called Transgender Friends. Between those two and Grindr, I should be able to get some kinda sex happening. 
See you after the jump, homos. 

• Like 2

Well, I hate to report this, but I am sick as fuck with the flu. Got into HCMC and was a complete wreck, hacking, chills, fever, feel like someone bludgeoned me in my sleep. Staying In today and doing a water fast to see of that helps.  
Puts a major damper on my mongering plans. We are not amused. 
Hurts to even look at this damn screen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustSumGai said:

hate to say it but, sleep...LOT'S of sleep.  I would get this almost every time I flew into Bkk, coughing up oysters too. Couple nights of 10 hours plus sleep really helped. Or I'd just sleep, wake up drink fluids, piss, go back to bed.

Yeah, that’s pretty much what I’m doing.

Doc just left. He left me some prescriptions to pick up. Guess Ill do that later.

Dude hooked me up to an IV, gave me some shots, and said I had a very high fever. 
Check out the coat hanger rig for the IV. It worked perfectly. 

018AE293-BFB2-4C15-8C77-3E37BE94BB94.jpeg

• Like 2

you should look at KenW's posts some. He lives there (still, not sure). Might be some useful info or ya might pm him.  I recall a Lulu I think it was that was fuck crazy. Live one. Hope yer in action soon.  I always know I'm good to go when the sense of smell returns and the hunger.  For me, trying to get back in action seems to bring on relapse and more wasted time in bed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, strocube said:

Check out the coat hanger rig for the IV. It worked perfectly. 

I guess coat hangers aren't just for abortions anymore.

I always wonder where I would go if I had medical issues in Phnom Penh.  If I was able to get on a plane I might just take the one hour flight to Bangkok.

Googling around now I just came across this link to the supposed top 5 hospitals in Saigon. Have no idea how accurate the article is though.

https://www.vietvisiontravel.com/post/top-5-recommended-international-hospitals-ho-chi-minh-city/

Curious was there a third person in the room taking the picture and if so was it a friend of yours or a nurse?

Hope you are back in tip top shape soon Stro!  :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sustra4 said:

Take care...recover soon

Thank you so much, Sustra4. 
Feeling a bit better today. 
Was planning on going to Phou Qouc for some diving, but that is not happening. Booked two more night where I am currently staying. The hotel staff here has been taking really good care of me. 

• Like 1

It seems you've had some soiled food before. Did you purchase fresh fruits from streets vendors in Hanoi ? If you lost a lot of water, IV remains the best solution to feel better faster. It's impressive but it probably worked when you read this post. 

In case it becomes more serious, you can try the Saigon International Clinic that should be close to your position. The address is 9 Trịnh Văn Cấn, Phường Cầu Ông Lãnh, Quận 1. If you feel too weak to walk there, ask your English speaking hotel staff to call a Grab for you (Grab is the Vietnamese Uber). You shouldn't pay more than 100,000 dongs for the fare, even less than 50,000 depending on where you are exactly. If your hotel is a 3 star or higher, you might have the ride for free. 

You can go to Phú Quốc later. Even though you don't feel well enough for diving, you can go there to have rest, visit the pearl farm or have a quiet boat ride in the area of  Hòn Thơm. Dương Đông is a nice place with less car trafic than in the rest of Vietnam. The ladyboy scene is very mean over there and it seems that ladyboys don't show up during the week end. 
Otherwise, if you have only little time left after you recover, you can push to Vũng Tàu. It's a 2 hours ride with a boat departing from D4. The ride coasts 350,000 dong when purchased from a travel agency (including a private car picking you up and bringing you to the boat in HCMC) and 220,000 dong if you get your ticket direct from the boat company office. 

DSC02329b.JPG.87820e3cf0087416d076c3d9fbaef57e.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1