Eateries in Pattaya

duke007

On 9/30/2021 at 11:51 PM, duke007 said:

IMG_20210930_174750.jpg

The owner's wife of the Belgian restaurant was taken to the police station tonight, just about an hour ago.   It had to do with someone snitching about the serving of booze.  Most likely it has to do with the above video.  

At around 4:30 of the video the owner asks Lucas if he wants limoncello and at around 6:30 you see the limoncello being served to him.  Proof on camera depicting the flagrant violation of the rules promulgated by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA).

They broke the law Fenton!   :biggrin:  But snitches get stitches!   :aikido:

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, duke007 said:

IMG_20211021_130217.jpg

500 baht for Thais and 700 for Farang but if you have a Thai driver's license you get the Thai price.  Sometimes but not always the driver's license gets you the Thai price.

I avoid buffets as I eat too much and feel stuffed afterwards but if my better half's niece or nephew came down I reckon it would be a good place to take them.

Thais also like the theme seaside restaurants at Cozy Beach which is more isolated and separated from the rest of Pratumnak.  

In another recent Lucas video in another thread he talks about Wongamat condos which are down the hill from TJ's as being the most expensive neighborhood but I think Pratumnak has many advantages compared to Wongamat.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know there are several fish and chips fans here so yesterday I checked out Robin Hood's Friday fish and chips special.  Delicious and the tartar sauce is superb.  Executive chef Max has the kitchen running to a high standard.  You can choose either beer battered or breadcrumbs.   It is a bit pricey at 249 baht and some might prefer Cheap Charlies Friday fish and chips special at 129 baht as the food at CC is solid.

1635509890385.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

Is Robin Hood's in Pattaya? I think Hemingway's is best for fish & chips in Jomtien, but I think it was 450 Baht. 

The Gaffer - Mark - has now left Hemmingways to concentrate on his 'Ex-Pat shop - The Pantry. Also gone is the English chef whom I gather was rated quite highly. Pictured is 'The Pantry' and new Bar/Restaurant/Gents Club (?) ready to open. Back of Hanuman Statue.

s.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/24/2021 at 12:46 AM, duke007 said:

IMG_20211223_173705.jpg

Bordeaux is an excellent restaurant both foodwise and comfortwise with comfortable chairs and tables spead out..

Back in the day, they had a prix fixe menu which at 399 baht was at the top of my comfort range but if someone wanted to go I would splurge.

They've eliminated that now, but for those who don't mind paying for a fine dining experience it's an excellent choice.  

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...