Eateries in Pattaya

duke007

17 hours ago, bumblebee said:

The new food hall called Food World has opened in The Avenue.  Prices look about average.

Took a walk around the Avenue Food World late last night.  Some stalls were either closed for the night or maybe hadn't opened yet but prices were listed.

Tends to be just slightly higher than some mom and pops and street food.

For example, sliced chicken over rice is 45 baht while the most common price is 40 baht.

For some reason, I have the impression that food courts are not as tasty as mom and pops, but I haven't yet tried the food there.

But the chairs and tables are much more comfortable than your typical mom and pop where the table is wobbly and you are sitting on a stool.

And you are protected from the rain.

And you can order extra rice for 10 baht. Guess that can be done at mom and pops but like that it is clearly marked and some mom and pops may charge 20 baht.

Not sure, if anyone would want to go out of their way to eat there but it is in a very convenient location for me.

Been to Beefeater many times with my high rolling buddy.  Also Patrick's Belgian which Nick mentions.

Of all the steakhouse, Steak & Co on Soi Lengkee has the most comfortables seating.  Can't really say which has the best food.

In the video, he also mentions The Edge Condo next to The Base, which was sold out in one weekend before it was built.  The Base, same developer as The Edge is popular with the Chinese.

But one Chinese lady whoI know who rents out many condos at the Centara said her boss is trying to sell as he fears prices will be going down.  Think Pattaya is a bit over developed and there is real danger that condos illegally rented out for less than a month will be a thing of the past.  People are saying it's a soft real estate market.

15 hours ago, duke007 said:

new Food World in the Avenue 

These prices are pretty good especially if you value a comfortable seat and aircon compared to low stools at many street food joints.

In the video, and in person, I saw Oily Rice for 10 baht. I wonder if that should read Only Rice?

I hate asking the price of the things so do like clearly marked prices. Some street stalls will charge 20 baht for steamed rice though 10 is the most common price.

Many street stalls offer free water or even free iced tea but I reckon some guys feel that bottled water is safer.

I doubt they charge 5 baht for takeaway to trumpet how green they are.  IMO, think it would be smarter for them to give slightly smaller portions without the 5 baht markup and nobody would be the wiser..

Lastly, I noticed the NightWish Group logo on the video.  That's the Addicts Group that owns about a dozen bars on Soi Half A Dozen.

What Nightwish is doing is similar to the gentrification of older cities in Farangland where a Starbucks will replace a shoemaker.   They can make more money operating open air bars on Soi 6 than they could with the old style groping joints.  I think it's a shame, as the old Soi 6 was unique,  but guys vote with their baht and their feet. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 10:19 PM, bumblebee said:

The new food hall called Food World has opened in The Avenue.  Prices look about average.

The only beverage I saw on sale in the food court was water. Did I miss a soda stand somewhere? Is it OK to bring in your own drink?

On 12/14/2018 at 8:33 PM, duke007 said:

The 2 Nicks on 5 Breakfast choices

Went to Retox on Soi Lengkee today.   Think it might be owned by the guys who operated I-Rovers a few years back, not sure.

The 99 baht breakfast is certainly a good deal but prefer the quality of Simple Simon on Soi 5 in Jomtien. Simple Simon also gives a free refill of their large coffee mug.

I like breakfast but don't like waking up early in the morning.  

5 hours ago, duke007 said:

Roast Chicken Sunday Dinners in Jomtien for 70 baht B)

Perhaps the best deal I've ever seen!

Btw, there is a chance the driver will kick you off the baht bus before you get there especially  if you are the only guy on the bus even though they are supposed to bring you all the way there.

• 1 month later...

English Breakfasts 89 baht + American & Scottish Breakfasts

Drinks 49 Baht (all day)

Great variation on Menu and All meals under 199 baht

What more could a Cheap Charlie want in the quite aptly named Cheap Charlies 

:biggrin:

Great location too B)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/1/2019 at 8:24 PM, duke007 said:

English Breakfasts 89 baht + American & Scottish Breakfasts

Drinks 49 Baht (all day)

American breakfast includes 2 pancakes along with eggs, sausage, bacon, and coffee for 99 baht.

Roast chicken dinner for 99 baht also looks like a winner..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...