Eateries in Pattaya

duke007

As there,doesn't seem to be a Restaurant /Food section I may as well post this here. :hi:

Basically I will be posting Vloggers videos about eateries they have visited recently (last 6 months)

Other BM's here are more than welcome to add their comments, videos and pics of places recently that they can recommend  :good:

For those that don't like these type of Vloggers please don't post here dissing them, I am not doing it for your benefit, nor want to waste my time on you, thanks :hi:

I will start off with Nick 1

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, duke007 said:

The 2 Nicks on 5 Breakfast choices

Useful info.

Love breakfast but am a very late riser.    Would be interesting to know which are all day brekkies.

Generally stop at Simple Simons for their 129 baht all day brekkie when visiting Immigration on Jomtien Soi 5.  Very large cup of coffee with one free refill.  As the Nick's say, "it's all in the sausage", and they're quite tasty at Simple Simons.

Kev in Thailand with two generous Irish subscribers dining in Steak & Co on Soi Lengkee 

Kev again at Royal Garden Plaza with Sea Views 

Chinese meal in the Chow Soy on Soi Pothole (Chaiyapoon )

I also know the Chow Soy very well, having stayed and dined there many times, I would highly recommend both the rooms and the food   :good:

13 hours ago, duke007 said:

Nick1 certainly loves his grub :biggrin:

I enjoy the Beer Garden and would certainly be disappointed if it were closed and replaced my a tourist trap.

That said, if I want Penang Gai, I'll go to the Tin Cup joint where it's awesome.

If I'm hungry at the Beer Garden, I'll order Western food.

Generally there at night but the other day had coffee out on the deck at midday.  There was a good breeze coming of the bay so it felt great to be out in the sun. 

2 hours ago, BigTel said:

I meant to try out that Chunky Monkey when I was in town,  simply ran out of time in the end so never got to eat there,  good reviews and easy location to get to.

Maybe next trip Tel.....:biggrin:

You certainly don't waste a single second on your month long trips thats for sure amogo, I have never met anyone like you :crazy:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, duke007 said:

Maybe next trip Tel.....:biggrin:

You certainly don't waste a single second on your month long trips thats for sure amogo, I have never met anyone like you :crazy:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:   Thank's Amigi,   I must admit this trip was a blast,  when I think back to when I first came to Pattaya in 1981,  then living there from 1996 to 2002  with numerous trips from 1986 to 1996 and also from 2004 to the present I can say without fear of doubt that this trip was and is the best yet so that gives an idea of how much enjoyment I got out of this trip.  I visited few Ladyboy bars only went when I knew that good friends would be in them and I would be able to catch up with them. The feeling of being free to stroll wherever and whenever I felt like around Pattaya was simply perfect and enough for me, along with catching up with Lady's that I really enjoy seeing each and every trip made this trip superb.  :drinks:

• Like 2

There are a number of new restaurants/diners on Soi Buakhao. Chunky Monkey is the only one that always has customers and lots of them. Usually places that big, with that many customers, are cheap charlie joints. Maybe the 99 baht meals make that true (or not). But the VBlogger seems to think it was good. I haven't been yet.  

As several likely know my favorite Italian has been the often uncomfortably warm restaurant La Taverna del Passatore. The owner closed that restaurant and has opened a new one on Soi Lengkee called Il Peccatore. It has outdoor and indoor (with A/C) seating. Mostly the same menu but pizza has been added. It's more upscale than the old place but prices are still reasonable.

https://www.facebook.com/Il-Peccatore-Pattaya-764295200573038/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xyzzy said:

Usually places that big, with that many customers, are cheap charlie joints. Maybe the 99 baht meals make that true (or not).

I'll leave the 99 baht joints to the hiso crowd.   :biggrin:

A food court will be opening soon near the back of Avenue Mall.  If they come it at the price point of Bic C food courts then I reckon it could be an option for hot or rainy days.   But if priced like Central Festival food court then I will give it a miss though Central Food Court is a reasonable option for guys not on a tight budget.

But I prefer small portion 40 baht street food.

A place I did find surprising cheap today was the Pier 21, the food hall on the 3 rd floor of Terminal 21.  Most dishes ranged from a low of 32 Baht up to just over 100 Baht with most in the 37 to 55 Baht range.  Williethepimp  put me on to it a few weeks back and this was my first time checking it out.  Reassuringly most of the diners were Thai, which is a good sign, maybe the reasonable food is a way to attract them to the mall. 

Great views also from that level.

• Like 1