Party Time.

Stroker

15 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

What's the connection between Hunny Bunny and Baby Boom?

I think Baby Boom has kind of burned it's other bridges over the years but just IMO (and maybe a bit of knowledge).

During super high season, and also at other times, I use the party notifications to mostly avoid parties or just stay a little while and leave. Spending time in a bar with twice as many guys, most I don't know, than LBs isn't very thrilling after you have seen all the party shows several times. I have yet to go to a Surprise Yourself seemingly weekly event so I should at least catch one of those.

There are many Xmas/Boxing Day parties between now and the 26th. Often more than one the same night. 

I guess Hunny Bunny, Baby Boom and 69 Bar are tight. Ying and Jim were judges for the sexy dance competition last night.

I also went to Surprise Yourself but it wasn't really a party that I could tell. It was more of a costume event for the girls than a party. The girls had some Xmas garb on but other than some balloons there didn't really seem to be a party. Maybe these almost weekly events are mostly a dress up event for the LBs? There is bound to be another one soon so I will check it out again.

On 12/21/2018 at 3:40 PM, xyzzy said:

I use the party notifications to mostly avoid parties or just stay a little while and leave

Foggy made the same point, if you are a single guy in town why go where there will be too many guys and the girls will be too busy serving drinks.  Better to head to the other bars where there will be less customers (most will be at the party bar) and get more attention from the staff.  

Yes Jimbo's and the New Bar party (26th) will likely draw a good crowd and many will attend both parties. I will probably be elsewhere and get up to TJs on a quieter night.

Last night was the first night some places were actually crowded. Super high season hasn't been so super this year. And I look forward to things getting back to normal in 10-12 days.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ArchieBunker said:

how can they afford to pay that type of prize money?

Beats me.

But I may have some insight as to Miss Popular.  At one event years ago Miss Popular was determined by how many artificial roses a contestant received. Audience members could by 5 roses for 100 baht so if you want your girl to win you buy lots of roses. If two guys want their girl to win you have a hot little bidding war.

Have no idea how this particular contest is run though. 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 1:36 PM, ArchieBunker said:

I mean who am I to put a "damper" on a wet T shirt contest but how can they afford to pay that type of prize money? Is it bullshit? Do they get some sucker to "sponsor" it?  I dont think I would do it if I had a lot of money.  Maybe I would I dont know.......

This is the final round. Previous rounds were at Baby Boom, New Bar and Hunny Bunny. So four bars, including Sensations, are sponsoring this. A total of 23,000 Baht in prize money.

So each bar would only have to chip in about 6,000 Baht. Not that much, some customers spend more than that in an evening. And it should attract more customers in low season.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...