The Shortest Time in Los

bumblebee

Pondering my upcoming trip, one of the things I dread is the length of the flight.  But at least I know when I get there is will be a while before I have to face it again on the homeward leg.

So for those of you not living in the Thailand region, what’s the shortest time you would be happy to spend in Los to make the journey worth it?

Shortest I have gone was for two weeks but then again I have to travel from New York!!  These days I am in the position to start enjoying huge chunks of time off AND I am lucky enough to fly in the front of the cabin for the long flight from NY to Asia.  Makes a HUGE difference but that was always part of my long term plan!!!!  Its starting to pay off!!!

My third trip was only one week.   Wanted to show a buddy the LOS and the one week trip was a way to make it happen.

Nowadays, I almost always stay at destinations for at least a month unless it is a one night stop over in transit.

Feel less adventerous these days and just want to settle in to a place where I'm comfortable.

Yanks tend to have limited vacation time and often don't want to blow all there time on one trip and be faced with 11 months of drudgery.  so a two week trip feels normal.

The lack of vacation time many have is a serious quality of life issue but some workplaces can be quite rigid as far as unpaid leave goes.  Other guys are lucky and use overtime hours as comp time instead of getting paid.

Where I worked at one point they implemented one week of unpaid leave if someone wanted it and hardly anyone wanted the unpaid leave preferring the money.  I preferred tropical sexual pleasure.

Well, starting with the hour drive to the airport at least 2 hours ahead of take off, then the hour or so hop to Atlanta or Dallas, the hour or two wait there...I go onto a 14 hour flight to Tokyo, another couple hours layover and the 6 hour flight to Bangkok and an hour or so getting thru Immigration. So about 28 hours if things go right. Guaranteed jet lag, I'll leave Wednesday and get there Friday after noon.  This I would never do for less than a couple months (when you add in the price of the ticket especially).

man, I don't know, it's a kinda grueling run.  I spend a few days jet lagged and getting fuck all for sleep.Even free I'd need a few weeks to forget about the trip IN before I'd do a trip out. The shortest time I spend in LOS was my first time and I was there for extensive dental work, spent most of 3 weeks with almost daily visits. One month, then home. Of course that only whetted my appetite but since then it's at least 2 months, with 3, almost 4 as an average. The only time the flight was easy was when I had about 6 number ten valiums someone gave me. Slept the  bulk of 25+ hours and able to smell food cooking, wake, eat then snooze again.  I think they should give you a couple # 10s for any flight over 8 hours. 

the best trip i had was in 2014...only 7 days....the best 7 days of my life...i still remember it as the best week ever....at woraburi soi 4....and darkside at soi 33 in BKK...was like swimming laps...back and forward. It was like drinking a concentrated red bull...gives you wings

• Like 1