8 members have voted

1. 1. Which Beer Do You Prefer

• Chang
    • Leo
    • Singha
    • Tiger
    • Heineken
    • San Mig Lite

I drink ale at home so most of the beer I drink in Thailand is a bit boring. I hate Chang. If having just a few I drink Leo. Most nights out on the town I drink Tiger Light as it's 4.1% ABV. I used to drink Singha Light until they upped the ABV to 4.5%. But the old version really had little taste. I don't like San Mig Light and still don't quite understand how it can be 5% ABV and still have like 99 calories.

Even at 4.1% I drink WAY too many on a night out and still get pretty drunk. Not every place has Tiger Light.    

I like Heinekein but I only like bottled beer.  I dont like the extra carbonation with draft.  When I go out and only want to have a couple of drinks, I will have a couple of beers.  If I am going out on the prowl and want to get a buzz on, which is rare these days, I prefer Sangsom and coke.  It doesnt bloat me and it gives me a nice, proper buzz!!!!  Not certain what it does to my insides though!!!!

With nothing do do this afternoon, I was soaking up the AC in the supermarket checking out the alcohol content of various beers.

Chang,Singha, Leo, Tiger,Heineken all 5%

San Mig Lite was also 5% and appears to be brewed in Thailand; not imported from the PI.

Singha Lie came in at 4.5%.

Tiger Lite was the lowest at 4.1%.

Most people seem to think that Chang gives worse hangovers than San Mig Lite so it could be that alcohol content is only one hangover factor.