Ladyboy Bar in Phnom Penh Hypothetical

Ping

Hi LB lovers,

First post for me on this forum.

I have been living in PP for 8 months after visiting regularly for a couple of years.

Been wondering what mongers would look for/desire in a LB bar here?

What would you expect in a LB bar here, would it be different to say a BKK bar or would it be similar?

Would you expect shows/cabarets?

Would you expect uniforms?

Please bear in mind that even the girls working in girly bars can't wear slutware or bikinis etc, and nudity/topless is totally out.

Apart from the obvious beers and base spirits, what drinks would you expect?

Besides LB company, what other entertainment would you expect?

How frequently would you visit? - ballpark figures of course.

I realised that no one has a LB bar in Phnom Penh - perhaps for good reasons, but I gotta say, it seems like a niche market begging to be filled - no pun intended! As a LB fan myself, I would love to hear some feedback/ideas from punters as to what they want/expect in a place like PP.

Cheers,

Ping.

• Upvote 2

Been wondering what mongers would look for/desire in a LB bar here?

What would you expect in a LB bar here, would it be different to say a BKK bar or would it be similar?

Would you expect shows/cabarets?

Would you expect uniforms?

Apart from the obvious beers and base spirits, what drinks would you expect?

Besides LB company, what other entertainment would you expect?

How frequently would you visit? - ballpark figures of course.

Typo fixed and welcome aboard Ping! :drinks:

Good question bro!

Probably my favorite bar in PP is Red Bar on Street 5 with dollar drafts and two buck ladydrinks. Good layout with both an upstairs and downstairs alcove. Pool table in back away from the other areas.

I also like the decor of Blue Chili on Street 178, would be great if it were a ladyboy bar.

Bar with half ladyboys and half ladies would be fine and a shirtless super femmy bartender would work for me.

Don't care about cabarets or shows and personally don't like slutware.

How often would I visit depends if there's a nutter on staff or not that makes the bar inhospitable. Don't need ladyboys acting out if a guy chooses not to barfine them, buy ladydrinks, or butterfly.

What would also be very important to lots of guys would be a guarantee that there is no underage staff.

Hey Ping, open your bar bro and we'll give it lots of free publicity on Ladyboy Review! :drinks:

• Upvote 1

The one thing that disappointed me when I visited PP was the fact there was no LB bar or central station. Other than that the place was quite interesting and I would not hesitate to visit again especially if there were a LB venue. I think there is an opportunity there for sure. As they say, "build it and they will cum"

My tastes for a LB bar are not dissimilar to my good friend Larry's. He's a man of class. :good:

Larry more or less sums it all up. A loose cannon on staff can be a real turn off for sure, but they are perhaps not noticeable until it is too late. Of the 3 main bar areas, Street 136 would arguably be the best location. It has the most LBs working in the bars, I'd imagine that a few would like to be in one place with their friends if the opportunity arose with the option for others to freelance as the mood takes them.

The two main features that do it for me would be

1) outdoor open air seating a la Blue Chilli or Sally's at Jomtien;

2) a cellar of reasonable cheapish wine.

(It can be a small cellar, as I realise there aren't that many winos around the bar scene.)

LB staff augmented with a handfull (ha!) of femboys would be nice too.

Thanks for the thoughtful responses.

Larry, I agree with you on Red Bar - had several good nights there a couple of years ago. Never been to Blue Chilli but I believe it is a gay bar.

You mention about having half GGs and half LBs. Interested to hear from other BMs how they think that would work. I was thinking a bar with only LBs would be more comfortable for mongers. I have seen the look you get from punters when you talk to a LB in Candy Bar. I guess that is what I would want to avoid. Yes, filtering out the drama queens would be a major task as the potential for conflict would be high. Re underage, that could be an issue, but all Cambodians are required to have an ID card (still no guarantee), which should help.

Part of the reason I have been thinking about a LB bar is because I have seen some beautiful LBs here in Phnom Penh, some working in bars but some I have passed by on the street and been amazed by their beauty. I've got to say, that the photos I have seen on LB forums do not do justice at all. Of course, there are many I have seen that don't appeal to me at all. Anyway, it just occurred to me that trying to assemble the best here in a bar would beat the pants off most girly bars in town.

Bumblebee suggests St 136 as a good location. For those who know Phnom Penh, 136 is action central. My question would be: Is St 136 suitable or would LB fans prefer somewhere more secluded or further away from the main GG action spots? Blue Chilli would strike me as a great location as it is well away from the main spots but still easy to find.

Ken would like to see a mix of femboys/LBs - wonder what BMs think of that?

Thanks for your valuable input.

Ping.

Bumblebee suggests St 136 as a good location. For those who know Phnom Penh, 136 is action central. My question would be: Is St 136 suitable or would LB fans prefer somewhere more secluded or further away from the main GG action spots? Blue Chilli would strike me as a great location as it is well away from the main spots but still easy to find.

Ping.

I guess there are two ways of looking at this. If the bar is in a more quiet area, the die hards will find it and go there for sure, location is not an issue to most of them.

The more nervous new guys may be a bit more reluctant to head away from the beaten track. It may suit them more to chill in a GG bar while watching the traffic in the LB one, and build their confidence up before they enter.

If not on the main section between Sisowath (Riverfront) and Street 5, perhaps between 5 and 13 or 136 and 144 would suffice, very near the action, but more discreet.

You mention about having half GGs and half LBs. Interested to hear from other BMs how they think that would work. I was thinking a bar with only LBs would be more comfortable for mongers.

My question would be: Is St 136 suitable or would LB fans prefer somewhere more secluded or further away from the main GG action spots?

The main advantage of being secluded is presumedly cheaper rent. But as BB says, guys who like ladyboys will find your bar no matter where it is.

But since most guys like to hit more than one bar, it would be good if it were in area with other bars be it 136, 104, or 51.

If you can staff a bar with all ladyboys that's good. But sometimes a mixed bar like Sally's in Jomtien has a more relaxed vibe.

Key is no nutters no matter how pretty they are.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
Guest JustSumGai

The two main features that do it for me would be

1) outdoor open air seating a la Blue Chilli or Sally's at Jomtien;

2) a cellar of reasonable cheapish wine.

(It can be a small cellar, as I realise there aren't that many winos around the bar scene.)

LB staff augmented with a handfull (ha!) of femboys would be nice too.

agreed, I like to sit outside and have a smoke. It would be fantastic if it stocked even one kind of cigar.

uniforms do nothing for me. BEST is common nice lady fashion. Don't really like slutwear. If this was the mode it might help the girls be better girls and not better sluts. Let em explore feminine fashion. Femboys are a plus also, seems in Cambo, most of the girls are basically this way.

Good tunes, NOT LOUD.

WIFI.

Short time room nearby? hmmm, I'm on the fence about this one. Seems to make the girls that populate a bar into a bunch of teasing quickie/preview tarts (for more baht I fuck you all night)...WHAM! then back to bar for another one, HOPEFULLY. Guess Bar comes to mind. Better if it's just a real comfy place to meet and cavort, or just relax. THAT cannot be forgotten, It's not al go go go ya know, some of us old farts like to mellow out and rebound.

FOOD !

MAN would THIS be a PLUS. Especially if they did breakfast and lunch too. Good coffee !

Big screen for movies/games?

Two or three groping couches :)

Shows IF the girls want to DO that.

Events maybe,,,movie night, games night, fashion show, talent show? do any of these girls play traditional khmer instrument or dance? or sing? NO flippin karaoke, ok make a karaoke night, I will just avoid it that night :p

As to how often I would go? Place like described above? I'd want to almost live there. Wake up, hit the place for coffee and breakie (I actually LIKE the rice, pork strips, omellete strips n lil "pickled" salad in a thimble), check emails, forum, whatever. Have a smoke, watch the street life.

Hmmmm, I am gonna scope out some place in Pursat to maybe do this, they got quite a few of our kind there. We need regular ladyboy stops from Bkk to PP no? For a more comfortable bus trip across the kingdom of wonder no?post-1540-044766200 1334867246.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hmmmm, I am gonna scope out some place in Pursat to maybe do this, they got quite a few of our kind there. We need regular ladyboy stops from Bkk to PP no? For a more comfortable bus trip across the kingdom of wonder no?post-1540-044766200 1334867246.jpg

Welcome aboard Just Sum Gai. :drinks:

Where do the ladyboys of Pursat hang out?

Guest JustSumGai

Welcome aboard Just Sum Gai. :drinks:

Where do the ladyboys of Pursat hang out?

well, used to be they hung out on the bridge, then the cops moved em and they settled in a park at the base of the bridge. Last time I was there seems they did not hang out there so much, but towards evening on a weekend, I bet they still do. I got my own now, so I don't go lookin. One in the pic is one of her friends that was at a wedding she took me too...does makeup for them. Musta been at least 4 there and later on at a Leo "concert" there were probably more like 8 or 10. Time before last I only had to hang outside at my Highway 5 guesthouse to see them walking by towards the bridge/park. I know they are there tho :)

I'm thinkin we need to start a ladyboy finishing school. Pursat draws em from all around it in the country. Ladyboy GUESTHOUSE !!!! One in Snooky, one in PP? I'd favor one in Pursat too. Teach em some english, Cooking, Etiquette, fashion seminars. Oh and a bar in each guesthouse.

Imagine, you board a mini van with ladyboy "stewardess" drive across the border and hit Snooky and relax...at the ladyboy guesthouse :)

Might not get much farther for some days hahaha.

Seriously, this is a great idea I think. Lord knows the thai girls are not gonna go over and help these girls out. I'm seriously gonna scope out Pursat for this idea. And talk with my girl. As soon as I find someone who speaks khmer AND english :) These girls need to organize some.

• Upvote 1

Guest JustSumGai

Good good, we'll need a dedicated group :)

Perhaps we could start an NGO hahahaha. Solicit help for this great work.

what to call it ?

• 1 month later...

I actually logged on to this thread thinking it was a review of a Ladyboy Bar called "Hypothetical"... hahahaha...oh geezz.... anyway...ladyboy bar sounds great...Guest house even better!... if you had both combined....Utopia

(pun possibly intended).

If there was a bar and a seperate, very private guesthouse, out of main area....that would be very cool.

For those that don't particularly want to mix it with the GG's and GG Mongers, it would be ideal.

There is a guy over here in Vietnam at the moment trying to start a Ladyboy bar/brothel here, AKA a Pattaya Bar.... maybe he is a member on here or is known to some of you guys?

My advice to him would be to cease and desist. There is NO way you can do that in Vietnam.

Cambodia, on the other hand, is a lot more accomodating for such an enterprise.

IMHO

Cheers

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...