Value For Money Stores, Markets, Restaurants, Food Stalls

Pdoggg

back home in the daily yawn that is the USA I popped into a dollar store for a few things and got a 3 pack of lighters for a buck. Made in Thailand :)  I had to laugh. About the same price, them clear ones for 10 baht.

if only I could find THIS for $1.50 here (or even 5 times that price)

82665872_180471493337843_4462605607639187456_o.thumb.jpg.b763a55232dc7e33472363fb9b78f9a5.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/26/2018 at 9:41 PM, ArchieBunker said:

Wonder what the prices were like.  Usually like to eat at these places.  Having said that I didnt a food court once on my recent 2 day trip to Patts.......

I hear that the prices are quite reasonable at the Terminal 21 food court.  I haven't been there myself though. 

17 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I hear that the prices are quite reasonable at the Terminal 21 food court.  I haven't been there myself though. 

My ex used to work at terminal 21 in BKK...was there everyday..so you can imagine I hate it..but as I was passing by terminal 21 in Pattaya I had a look....some bargain..but those shopping centres are all the same all over the world...she wanted to eat at seafood BBQ at the end right on third floor...I think it was 450 baht all you can eat...looked like a very good quality place...but personally I prefer Thai street food and isàan restaurant in jomtien 

IMG_20190920_182150.jpg

IMG_20190920_183016.jpg

IMG_20190920_182107.jpg

IMG_20190920_182121.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Coffee Works on the ground floor of the Avenue Mall is having a Buy 1, Get 1 Free sale on coffee beans.

It's not a place to actually drink coffee but rather to buy beans, coffee machines, and to enrol in barista courses.   If you do buy 1 and get 1, you don't have to have them grind both, you can have one ground and bring back the other a month later to be ground preserving  freshness.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2020 at 7:15 AM, Pdoggg said:

Tesco Express, in front of the mostly deserted Blue Ratree complex near Action Street, is closing quite soon, in the next day or so.  It's possible that they might offer some deep discounts to get rid of stock.

they're closing down most of Asia locations, if I recall correctly.  Basically bailing on trying to spread the Tesco or Lotus brand globally. 

We are in bkk for a couple of days and made the mistake of going and ordering a coffee and an OJ  at McDonald's on soi 5 corner ... 170 baht , I know they pretty much charge the same price in any McDonald's around the world but I bet the staff hourly rate here is not the same as Australia.....those fuckers 

• Like 1

I got a quarter pounder with cheese and fries in the USA recently. The fries were SOGGY...there was only ONE slice of "cheese". $9

Mc Donalds can suck my ass, IF they pay enough. NEVER again. And that's coming from someone who bought 15 burgers for 15 cents in their 20 yr anniversary special.

you can buy pure beef, ground for about $4.50 a pound that would make about 5 Mc D burgers.  The fries? I should have returned those limp soggy things, but it was end of hard work day.  It only shows the TOTALLY out of real world reality that the CORPORATION lives in. Fuck em.  I'll buy from any Mom n Pop or local now, WhataBurger slays Mc D's. Mostly I cook at home, business food is insulting in price and quality.  I have self respect.

If you're in the USA:

There's a whole extra day this year. What are you going to do with it? It's easy to feel left out on Leap Day. Those folks who have birthdays on February 29 are getting free food everywhere they turn, and they'll probably throw a killer party since they only get one once every four years. But what do you get?

Free beer. That's what you get. To celebrate a bonus 24 hours on a Saturday for the first time since 1992 (even if that's an awfully subjective way to look at things), Miller Lite is offering a free 24-pack of beer. These kinds of things happen from time to time, and you often have to be in the right city or jump through more hoops than a circus lion in a silent film. Weirdly, Miller Lite is making this available to everyone, and they've made it relatively easy to redeem. 

On February 29, Miller Lite will post a QR code to its Instagram and Twitter accounts. You have to scan the code, so you'll need to use a computer or someone else's phone. The code will take you to a site where you can submit a receipt for a 24-pack of Miller Lite purchased on Leap Day. The cost of your case will be refunded to your Paypal account.

That's it. You're actually getting a free case of Miller Lite, and you don't have to buy anything at all. You just have to front the money. Now, you just have to figure out what to do with your free day and free beer.

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/miller-lite-free-beer-leap-day

• 2 weeks later...

I went to a bar for breakfast today for the second time at a place called Rock Factory , corner of soi Buakaow and soi Nok massage.  The bacon and eggs was great at 150 baht ,the only problem was as my food arrived this very over wait Pom with no shirt ( it wasn't even hot ) came over and said you are in my seat so I said well this must be your breakfast bin then , then he grunted and walked away... I don't know ...some people!!!.

The food was good value for the 150 baht and right opposite I saw a big banner saying buffet breakfast 120 baht at the Sawadee Siam hotel , that will be the next place I try.

• Like 4