Happy Hours And Drink Prices

Pdoggg

Was wandering through LK Metro on my way to the Tin Cup joint and saw a sign for Happy Hour with 45 baht bottles of Tiger, Singha, Leo, and Chang.

The gogo is Pandoras and the Happy Hour is from 7:30PM to 9:00PM.

GGs only in this very small gogo.

While 45 baht is a decnt price, I do miss drinking San Mig Lite as a local beer for 50 pisos at some happy hours.

On 10/19/2018 at 10:33 AM, Pdoggg said:

Was wandering through LK Metro on my way to the Tin Cup joint and saw a sign for Happy Hour with 45 baht bottles of Tiger, Singha, Leo, and Chang.

While 45 baht is a decnt price, I do miss drinking San Mig Lite as a local beer for 50 pisos at some happy hours.

Wow gyrating pussy at New plaza prices 

8 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I went in this place a couple of times in the past. Unless something has changed the smoke was really bad so I stopped going.

On 10/20/2018 at 7:45 AM, ArchieBunker said:

I wonder how many girls they have dancing and are the mingers??  for that price you can hardly complain!!!  New Plaza is a wonderful place!!!

It's the smallest gogo I've seen in Pattaya.  Only room for about 3 girls onstage.

At that price can't complain but would not go back if it wasn't Happy Hour.

I didn't notice the smoke, but if someone is smoking I can see how it could get quite smokey in there.

New Plaza is great if you want rock bottom prices with some bargirls around.  At one of the more expensive joints on the side, SangSomCoke was 50 baht with a generous pour.

I walked by Coffee and Beer on Pattaya Tai twice and it was empty.   They are not good at finding relatively obscure sports if you have a special request.  And they are not as cheap as they used to be 

Katesiree has excellent prices and good tv screens.  They also let you bring in food from the Tin Cup place.

Always have a god time at Scooters,  great music, 60 baht average price for a beer is OK for me but would prefer more straightforward pricing than the 80 baht for odd numbered beers and 40 baht for even numbered beers. 

But as much as I talk about prices, since I don't go out much, and don't buy those things called ladydrinks, it really doesn't matter too much if a beer is 60 baht 80 baht or 100 baht as long as the joint is enjoyable.  I'm not going to sit in a shitty place just cause the beer is cheap. But that said, unless their is a specific gogo on LK Metro that friends want to go to, I'll suggest that we pick one with a Happy Hour or cheap draft beer option. 

20 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

It's the smallest gogo I've seen in Pattaya.  Only room for about 3 girls onstage.

At that price can't complain but would not go back if it wasn't Happy Hour.

I didn't notice the smoke, but if someone is smoking I can see how it could get quite smokey in there.

OOPs my bad. The smokey A GoGo is Paradise. Realized I was wrong when you said a small stage. If memory serves me correctly now Pandoras has the small stage on one wall, seating on the other side and a poor lineup. Sorry about that.

2 hours ago, xyzzy said:

OOPs my bad. The smokey A GoGo is Paradise. Realized I was wrong when you said a small stage. If memory serves me correctly now Pandoras has the small stage on one wall, seating on the other side and a poor lineup. 

You nailed it xyzzy!    :biggrin:

Btw, there must be something about the Paradise name that attracts smoke.

Before he opened Baby Boom,  Josh had a GG gogo called Paradise. It was on Buakhao between Action Street (not even sure if Action Street was open then) and the Tuesday/Friday market.  It wasn't small but smoke permeated the entire place.   Since it was near where I lived it sometimes would be the last stop of my night. Smoke doesn't bother me unless I have a cold.  

17 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

You nailed it xyzzy!    :biggrin:

Btw, there must be something about the Paradise name that attracts smoke.

Before he opened Baby Boom,  Josh had a GG gogo called Paradise. It was on Buakhao between Action Street (not even sure if Action Street was open then) and the Tuesday/Friday market.  It wasn't small but smoke permeated the entire place.   Since it was near where I lived it sometimes would be the last stop of my night. Smoke doesn't bother me unless I have a cold.  

I usually end up in all the GG GoGos on LK Metro at least once a trip. A GG GoGo that has a great lineup one trip can suck the next and another will have a better lineup.

I had been in the old Paradise a few times but didn't know who Josh was then. I didn't even realize it was his place until my last trip when we were chatting and the subject came up. The out of the way GoGos used to have a joint competition. Paradise, Champagne (the only GoGo on LK Metro for many years), Wet N' Wild (Center Condo) and a few others would have a Miss (whatever) contest to try and drum up a bit of publicity. I'm pretty sure Action Street didn't exist then. The south end of Buakhao was much more of an out of the way place back then and sometimes lots of fun.

I used to smoke so maybe I'm more aware of a smokey environment. But the last two times I walked into the newer Paradise it was like getting punched in the face as soon as you get inside the door.

Sorry a thread phuck down memory lane.

• Like 1

Last night I was headed home from the Tin Cup joint on Buakhao, and was walking along LK Metro when a girl outside the Orifice handed me a piece of paper for a free draft beer that need to be used that night.  

The beer was quite refreshing as dinner was a tad on the spicy side.

Although Champagne was the first gogo on Metro, the Orifice was probably one of the first three.

Good layout.  Not too many girls that night but some were pretty.

At any rate can't beat a free beer; OK 20 baht with tip.

I tend to go out late therefore missing most happy hours.  But some of the gogos have cheap draft beer options,  so  if one is in the mood for an AC place with dancers, Metro is not all that much more expensive than even a super cheap place like Kateseree. as long as you're not buying ladydrinks.

Billibong had a big crowd, guess they always have a big crowd,. It was an anniversery party.  Billibong has 2 for 1 pricing which I don't like.  Just cut out the games and charge me for one beer at half the price.  I like the flexibilty of leaving after one beer to see where the grass is greener.

A couple of trips ago The Office had the best lineup on LK Metro. The last two trips not so much. They do have good A/C and the cheap draft is Tiger. So I still would pop in for a quick cool down on a hot night.

I really don't understand why Billibong is so popular. Most of the girls certainly are past their sell by date. But it's always busy.

• 3 weeks later...

Katesiree on Buakhao has pretty cheap beer and TV screens for sports. Friendly service staff that is used to dealing with Cheap Charlies.

Even cheaper is the Family Mart on Soi 15 between the Hideaway and Avenue Mall. No TV nor annoying bargirls but 3 big tables in the parking lot. There is a feeling of spaciousness.

11 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Katesiree on Buakho has pretty cheap beer and TV screens for sports. Friendly service staff that is used to dealing with Cheap Charlies.

Even cheaper is the Family Mart on Soi 15 between the Hideaway and Avenue Mall. No TV nor annoying bargirls but 3 big tables in the parking lot. There is a feeling of spaciousness.

Yes Katesiree is pretty cheap. The place is packed on English football nights. Sorry but you likely won't catch me at the Family Mart!

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9292656,100.8850956,3a,15y,348.9h,77.38t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sjYj3iCWNBAKrRNTcvDo35g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 7:46 AM, Pdoggg said:

Katesiree on Buakhao has pretty cheap beer and TV screens for sports. Friendly service staff that is used to dealing with Cheap Charlies.

Katsiree( the  one near Lk metro) is definitely cheap but  they could really tone down the brightness of the lighting in there, the other one further down Bukhao is much better

On 11/20/2018 at 4:08 PM, Pdoggg said:

GT, are the prices the same at both?

These pics taken at 6-45am this morning, firstly the Katesiree House between Soi Diana and LK Metro

And secondly the Katesiree Residence close to Soi 15 on Buakhao

If you go big then the Cheap Charlies have nothing to worry about :biggrin:

2018-11-21 07.44.55.jpg

2018-11-21 07.45.35.jpg

2018-11-21 07.43.55.jpg

2018-11-21 07.44.30.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2018 at 12:04 AM, Pdoggg said:

was walking along LK Metro when a girl outside the Orifice handed me a piece of paper for a free draft beer that need to be used that night.  

Now the pieces of paper are actual cards. The hello girls are holding them in their hands. Just smile and ask for one.

This is the third time my drink was free at  Office Girls including New Year's Eve.  You can get a draft beer, gina and tonic, sangsom coke, etc.  Draft beer or mixed drink.

Free no strings attached.  Although you will probably tip more than usual. Was there with a buddy, our bins were zero, so I left a 100 baht tip and the staff was very happy.

But if you are alone, and if you are one and done, 20 baht or 40 if feeling generous will suffice.