Getting From Clark To Fields

Pdoggg

There are two good options from getting to Clark to Fields.

1) . There is a jeepney that drops you off at the Jollibees near Fields for 50 pisos per person.  It is an enclosed air conditioned jeepney that is non-stop to Jollibees and then makes one more stop at Dau bus terminal.   The price to Dau is100 pisos so when getting on tell the driver you are going to Jollibees or Fields or the Main Gate to secure the 50 piso rate.

When you exit the terminal and go outside turn right and walk about 30 yards and you will see the parked jeepney.  They don't callout for customers; you have to approach them.

Ignore the guys directly outside the terminal who ask you where you are going as it is none of their f**king business.

2) Right before you exit the terminal before you go outside, you will see a Grab desk so if you don't have a Philippines SIM they will sort you out with a car. I'm told the price varies depending on the time of day but it will be approx 200 pisos.    

4 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

There are two good options from getting to Clark to Fields.

1) . There is a jeepney that drops you off at the Jollibees near Fields for 50 pisos per person.  It is an enclosed air conditioned jeepney that is non-stop to Jollibees and then makes one more stop at Dau bus terminal.   The price to Dau is100 pisos so when getting on tell the driver you are going to Jollibees or Fields or the Main Gate to secure the 50 piso rate.

When you exit the terminal and go outside turn right and walk about 30 yards and you will see the parked jeepney.  They don't callout for customers; you have to approach them.

Ignore the guys directly outside the terminal who ask you where you are going as it is none of their f**king business.

2) Right before you exit the terminal before you go outside, you will see a Grab desk so if you don't have a Philippines SIM they will sort you out with a car. I'm told the price varies depending on the time of day but it will be approx 200 pisos.    

How late do the jeepneys run? I've arrived at Clark at some late hours. Although with no directly flights to/from BKK that likely isn't as much of a problem.

Once arrived at like 2 AM and the usual, back in the day, taxi fare from CRK to Fields was 300 pisos. Got gouged for 500 as I really had no reasonable choice.

I'm not sure how late the jeepney runs.  It's possible that the taxi mafia discourages the jeepney fromoperating late at night.  I'm also not sure how late the Grab desk is open.  

I could not get a direct flight to either Manila or Clark so figured I might as well fly into Clark.

The 50 piso option is great although I suppose if one has lots of luggage or it's raining out that some would appreciate the door to door service of Grab.  Even with my luggage it was an easy 5 minute walk to my hotel from Jollibees.  

• 8 months later...

Caught Grab from Clark to Pacific Breeze Hotel yesterday at 1.15pm for fare of P1,213.00.

Breakup from emailed receipt is Fare P40.00, Distance P112.84, Time P32.00, Surge P28.16.

The remaining P1,000.00 you ask ?

Checked into hotel, get to room, start unpacking then decide to charge my phone. Therein lay the problem.... no phone in pocket! Called my number from room phone, message bank x 3. Find my phone by Google.. nope as I refuse authorising of location services. Out with the tablet, search for Grab contact number, first one disconnected finally found another and after 12 minutes wait spoke to operator who couldn't find any record of me, my phone number, email address so after a lot of back and forth I get an email receipt from Grab and as I say this to the operator he suddenly locates the account.  He calls the driver who now has the phone (as his next customer found it on the seat and handed it in) gives me the driver's number whom I call and driver says is on way now to my hotel. Driver arrives with phone and leaves with P1,000.00. I go to Phillies and havea calming San Mig Light.

Just checked Grab price for hotel to Clark now at 2.30 pm and fare is P263.00 due to high demand, so @Pdoggg your fare of P180 would appear to be about base fare.

• Like 1