I Need A Cheap USA Phone Number That I Can Access Overseas

Pdoggg

For calls you could get a MagicJack but I don't think they do texts. I use my Thai number here in the states for some international oriented sites like Coinbase. All my banking web sites will send me an Email I think. My US cell phone (CDMA/Sprint) doesn't work in Thailand. 

• Like 1

You can buy a US Sim card on E-bay, however be sure to check that the service provider can provide international SMS at low or free rates. I have a Canadian sim card that allows free international SMS, including Thailand, so I can verify my bank transactions.

You will also need to top up your card periodically to keep it valid - so you need to check out how they do that. Some service providers will let you top up via credit card, some via  a voucher have a relative or a friend in the US do this for you and you can pay them back later. My Canadian provider gives a 1 year expiry on the purchase of a $100 CAD voucher (which works out ok as I visit Canada twice a year)

Most Canadian banks want you to have a Canadian number for the 2 step verification via SMS. My bank use to offer e-mail verification, but due to increasing e-mail fraud, changed to sms or voice call verification as the 2nd step for the final code.

• Like 1
On 8/24/2018 at 6:34 AM, Pdoggg said:

More and more USA websites want 2 factor authentication these days which is a major PIA for me since I am overseas.

Looking for recommendations for ways to receive an occasional text or call when two factor authentication is required.

Google voice does USA numbers for free, and texts work just fine for 2-factor authentication.

• Like 1