A Night at the Rainbow Cabaret

bumblebee

• 4 weeks later...

Friday night 27 July 2012 at 19:00.

FRIGHT NIGHT, at Rainbow Bar, 172 St Phnom Penh.

Come along and waken the dead. Dress up in anything scary. RB is providing a makeup artist as well as some horror shows.

Sounds like a cool eve.

This is probably their final major event before moving to 136 St.

• 2 weeks later...

Friday night 27 July 2012 at 19:00.

FRIGHT NIGHT,

This is probably their final major event before moving to 136 St.

Alis formerly of LaBamba, known for her thick and nicely shaped cock, used to say something like "Fright night, that's ladyboys without makeup". :obscene:

Indeed, Rainbow is moving to Street 136 on August 1st. It will be on Street 136 between Street 19 and Norodom.

• Upvote 1

Alis formerly of LaBamba, known for her thick and nicely shaped cock, used to say something like "Fright night, that's ladyboys without makeup". :obscene:

Indeed, Rainbow is moving to Street 136 on August 1st. It will be on Street 136 between Street 19 and Norodom.

My old block, small world indeed.

Rainbow is moving to Street 136 on August 1st. It will be on Street 136 between Street 19 and Norodom.

Friends Event to celebrate move on Wednesday 1 August.

Rainbow reminds us that this new location is:

opposite ELT English school;

next to Honey Hair Salon.

The new venue is bigger;

there is a stage;

a bigger toilet facility;

more private spaces for patrons to hang out and be who they are;

shows will be updated and better than ever.

All sounds good.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

For those in town, remember tonight is Rainbow Bar's new location party.

I tried to post in Upcoming Calendar Events the other day as a reminder but was told: Sorry you do not have permission. So that must only be for Mods or ...?

Anyhow, it's apparently still on this evening, though I have seen no social media about it this week.

Ken, thanks for the Update and will try sorting out the Calendar problem in the net few minutes so please try again.

EDIT: I think the Calendar problem is sorted out.

I suggest that guys using the calendar don't specify a time because it gets screwed up in other time zones.

Here some pics from a few weeks when he space was under construction.

Good luck to Rainbow Bar!

Rainbow Bar a few weeks ago.

post-45-0-72906200-1343812300_thumb.jpg

Outside of Rainbow Bar a few weeks ago

post-45-0-15533400-1343812324_thumb.jpg

TS Minimart, a couple doors away

post-45-0-77426700-1343812346_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Shows at least on Wednesdays, not sure about other evenings, 10pm.

From what I recall they have shows at 10pm on all evenings from Wednesday through to Sunday.

I'll be back there in a month or so, so can confirm and take in the new venue. I did think the original was better located though.

From what I recall they have shows at 10pm on all evenings from Wednesday through to Sunday.

I'll be back there in a month or so, so can confirm and take in the new venue. I did think the original was better located though.

Got to agree with you DC. Nothing like a relaxing meal in Dolce Vita and then the short stroll down to catch the show, bliss.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Facebook post yesterday says 3 day opportunity to purchase Rainbow Bar for 10,000 USD.

No noise on what happens after 3 days if no takers. Ten thou seems a small amount to me; anyone any thoughts on that?

Facebook post yesterday says 3 day opportunity to purchase Rainbow Bar for 10,000 USD.

No noise on what happens after 3 days if no takers. Ten thou seems a small amount to me; anyone any thoughts on that?

The original location on 172 was great on a busy and thriving street. The new location was poor despite being on 136, it was in a section of dark no-man's land (as we both know only too well, I remember the way we squinted into each other's eyes on that special night).

Even though it was primarily a gay bar there was a decent turnout of ours come cabaret time at the old location, both in the audience and on-stage. All quite sad really. This news just compounds the fact it was a mistake to move.

No noise on what happens after 3 days if no takers.

Well presumably the show just goes on. For that's what Facebook post of Thursday 11th says: show as usual 10pm.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Rainbow has been sold according their Facebook Page:

Hi there Boys and Girls, My name is Arthur, the new owner of Rainbow Bar. We are in the process of changing a few things so please let us know if there is anything that we can improve on. Just message me and I will think it through  I personally will not be there every night, but my staff will take good care of you. 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Rainbow Bar, on Street 136 between Street 19 and Norodom, has a ladyboy show every Friday and Saturday night at 10:30, and maybe other nights too.

It's a comfortable bar and Anchor draft is only a buck, that's 33 baht boys and girls.  With every beer you order you get a new frosted mug which is a nice touch.

The cabaret does not get the big crowd as in the past.  It seemed the previous owner did a good join promoting the bar to the local gay community which accounted for big crowds.

While for the ladyboy lover, a less crowded venue is just fine.  I don't quite see how they are covering their overhead.

There were only two performers in the show and they were both quite nice.  No barfines or any such silliness; if you are interested you can chat with the ladyboys before or after the show.

• Upvote 1