Middle East Airlines

Pdoggg

23 minutes ago, Woodie said:

Is there any truth in the theory that they can see you checking it and alter the price accordingly?.

I've always wondered about that too Woodie.   Guess you could clear your cookies or alternatively just use a different browser.

12 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

I've always wondered about that too Woodie.   Guess you could clear your cookies or alternatively just use a different browser.

Clear my cookies?. Geez, I do all the time. Have to watch out though, they put the weight on.

2 hours ago, Woodie said:

I will be booking in a week or two. I have checked again. The prices are not moving. Is there any truth in the theory that they can see you checking it and alter the price accordingly?.

I think computer algorithms can identify if their is interest in particular flights and alter prices up or down, but whether it is just done on people checking out the prices or actual bookings isn't clear.

I checked prices for flights next Jan/Feb yesterday, and they are the same today.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Clear your 'Browsing data' on your History... then you should start from scratch, works for me :good:

IMG_20200305_171902.jpg

• Like 2

There is another option as well, and that is to use the "private" or "incognito" browsing option. This prevents cookies from being saved, and so the airline or travel website interprets this to be a first time visit and will display lower priced fares. If you use this mode every time, the prices should not increase for the the same itinerary you are searching for (travel dates and destination).

• Like 1