Best Ladyboy Bar In History

Pdoggg

Maybe smartphones and the t'Internet has more than a lot to do with it BB, facefook, twatter, instagram and dating sites like TF and Tinder etc etc

I have never done the first three of the above nor would I want too, I have TF and Line which more than suffices for me on my trips.

These bars must tick over somehow or they would be closed, on my last two or three trips the ladyboy bars have looked empty and void of customers  (except on the occasions like pool nights and parties).

Back in the day from 2001 I  couldn't wait to get back to Thailand, and yes I had the LOS Blues as we used to call it when I got home.

Do I  have it now, not at all, don't get me wrong I  really enjoy myself while I am there but I  am not pining for it every day or acting like a baby with a slapped arse .....lol

I have grown out of that and have more than enough things to do in Blighty that keep me happy, people can spend all their time watching their TV in their homes with the heating on as to having a fan on, not a lot of difference to me except I have not watched TV for over 2.5 years  lol

But the main thing is that the enjoyment I spent in the bars in the good old days in the likes of the old Guess Bar, La Bamba, Club131, Ezy & Famous Bar, Corner Bar etc  have not been replaced imho, even though I still like Baby Boom and I thought Sensations was great when it first opened, 

That's just my opinion and I will seek enjoyment elsewhere and not feel the need or I owe the ladyboy bars anything by patronising them every night of my holiday.

I am not wasting my time chasing ladyboys in bars at my age, unless if I  really want to get to know her.

If I need company of a lady in the day or for the night, I have a choice of girls I really like on speed dial :good:

Just the sign of the times I suppose, will leave it to the younger guys :biggrin:

• Like 1

Its true that TF and the internet in general has changed the mongering game quite a bit.  I also think the reason many of us dont use/fancy the LB bar scene is a product of all of us getting older.  Its kind of a been there, done that type of attitude.  Part of it as well is that we are much less likely to put up with any type of bullshit pressure in a bar i.e "buy me drink", "you pick lady", or having some dragon ladyboy of a mammsan hovering over you checking to see if you have to order another beer.  We all fucking hate that.  thats why when you get a well run LB bar where the girls are not busting your balls (in a bad way of course) its great and we appreciate it that much more.  My 2 baht and hope this isnt a thread fuck!!!  

• Like 3

I concur with statements above that as customers we don't owe the ladyboy bars anything and like any other business they need to earn our loyalty.

Don't want the customer-unfriendly routine of the Nana Shitpits treat the customer like a chump schtick.  Also don't need the more subtle pressure of barowners who feel it is the duty of customers to show up every night, splash out on ladydrinks and ring their bell. 

Whether an expat or holiday maker, it is our holiday/life.  We might want to call in to a mate's bar but if it is not fun then what is the point?  Most of us here have been around the block and usually don't need the bars to get laid but occasionally it may be in our interest to pay a barfine.

I tend to have the best times with a few friends in a bar like Scooters that plays good music but next time I'll wear sneakers as a rat brushed against my sandals last time.

That said, the bars are a great way for a newbie to hit the ground running and it's also nice to have a few locals that fit like a comfortable old shoe where one gets treated well by the owner/staff, zero ladydrink pressure, and the pricing is within one's budget.

So in these days of smartphones and dating sites, successful bars are reinventing themselves to provide for the needs of the 2018 customer.

• Like 1

I fully concur with Duke and Archie above. The thrill of Pattaya, for me anyway, has long since gone, and I certainly don't feel the blues leaving the place anymore. What has replaced that however, is a refreshing appetite for Samui. Have spent a lot of time there on 2 of my last 3 trips, and loved every minute, Just back yesterday from a 2 week stay in Thailand, which was 9 days Samui (originally supposed to be 6 but stayed on an extra because I enjoyed it so much) and 6 days Pattaya - which was just ok, at best, I guess it is just a sign of getting older, having seen and tasted the really good times, and not so much taking to the ever evolving scene around Pattaya, as mentioned particularly with smartphones etc. Also I barely know anybody on the scene now, so I go on holiday and if I do a tour of the bars, it is highly likely I wont know any of the customers, unless dixoncox is on a rare visit, or Bruce is in town.

And maybe, just maybe, it is because I can no longer party hard to the wee small hours, then do it all again the next night. Let's face it, that's really all Pattaya is about - party, drink get laid, repeat. Samui appeals to me more now because it is relaxed, the people are genuinely nicer, even Sindy was shocked at how friendly and helpful the Thai people in Bophut Samui were, and there is so much to do daytimes, that partying at night is rarely on the agenda.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2018 at 9:17 PM, ciobha said:

Also I barely know anybody on the scene now, so I go on holiday and if I do a tour of the bars, it is highly likely I wont know any of the customers, unless dixoncox is on a rare visit, or Bruce is in town.

While it has been well over a year since I was last there, besides the guys I looked out for to meet up with, like you, I didn’t really know anyone in the various LB venues I visited.  There were a few faces that looked familiar, faces I had noticed in the lb bars over the years but whom I had never got chatting to.  Just hope there are some of the old brigade in town next time I visit.  :friends:

On 5/18/2018 at 1:53 PM, dixoncox said:

Ezy Bar was excellent for all the reasons described by the guys above. You never truly know how good something is until it's gone.

I don't think anyone's mentioned it so far, but a venue I miss is Stringfellows. On a good night with a few buddies it was fantastic.

Stringfellows was great I think all of us who where around in its heyday had some great times there, I know around 2006 when it first opened and I was still ducking and diving ( not yet being out - IE walking in the street with an LB ) Stringfellows and a few Soi 6 joints were so naughty and exciting .

Though sometimes it was the ultimate letdown to see some LB you quite fancied having a roll in the hay with slobbering on some slovenly looking guys bell end across the room , always a passion killer.

Koyo 7 was great too though we all moaned about it at the time, too bright, too in your face etc, but I wish we had it back now, I remember wanking off an LB at one of the tables as we looked down at the throng going to Walking Street, ah the joys of Pattaya ! 

• Like 1

:Hmmmph:On 5/19/2018 at 2:55 AM, ArchieBunker said:

I also think the reason many of us dont use/fancy the LB bar scene is a product of all of us getting older.  Its kind of a been there, done that type of attitude. 

True, it is all subjective 

I see newer guys getting excited about bars and LBs and I don't know what the fuss is, but fair play to them they are getting the same buzz we all got when we first started going there 

Now I prefer a good meal with some friends or a meet up in Scooters/Hideaway / PBG etc, its called getting old :Hmmmph:

2 hours ago, Jimslim said:

Now I prefer a good meal with some friends or a meet up in Scooters/Hideaway / PBG etc, its called getting old :Hmmmph:

The Hideaway is one of the few remaining gems in Pattaya these days, IMO. Afternoons relaxing over a coffee or two, and a few pints of Thatchers Cider in the evening. There's a GG working there called Wennie (something like that), who is quite tiny and certainly up in years. But there is something about her that simply oozes sex appeal. I've cracked a few off thinking about her while at home on a bleak winter evening. I reckon she could suck the exhaust pipe off a Lamborghini!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

BB, think maybe it's just too much business and not enough sanuk. Which might sum up Bkk in general I spose.

for me I loved Dark Side. Chris was good to talk with and one night I barfined Lemon and one by one girls came up and said they'd join me upstairs for 200 baht. Ended up with FOUR ladyboys in bed with me. Not great performance of course but it was DAMN FUN.  A ladyboy sampler if you will. It was low key like Guess in a low key area closer to where I stay and I just LIKED it. Was looking forward to some fun on the couches in the rear when it closed. Sad day, I think the place had a lot more good times in it. Hope Chris is doing well.