Best Ladyboy Bar In History

Pdoggg

What is the best ladyboy bar in history anywhere?

Or your favorite ladyboy bar?

My vote goes to EZY Bar.

ezy.jpg

Now"best" is subjective.   

EZY opened about a week after I moved to Thailand.  It was a clubhouse of sorts.   I'd walk in and know most of the guys in the joint. DJ Karl was always playing good music.  The girls were pretty. And as a special bonus, it was a late night joint, great for guys who don't go out until midnight.

What say you?

Very subjective topic, but for me as a postop fan, it would have been King's Corner back in the old heydays of the early 2000's. They had some fantastic beauties back then, including a Miss Tiffany winner, and a number of former Miss Tiffany contestants.  Unfortunately today, it is a shadow of what it was.

Another bar I liked a lot back then was Guess Bar, when it was managed by Jay, in the original location on Sukumvit Road and also its move to the old Rajah Hotel Complex near NEP. While no postops worked there (except for one for a short period of time), the staff were not high pressure, and she had some beautiful ladies working there.

fetch?id=688110&d=1461411557

Fah, Om, Eats and Poy, Guess Bar May 2009 this was at their 2nd location in the old Rajah Hotel complex.

fetch?id=655127

Promotional photo when Guess Bar first opened - Jay had a few of her friends model some of the outfits - I think only 1 of this group ended up working in the bar. For those with a good memory and have been into lbs for a long time, the girl on the left is Banana who was a star in Phuket, working in the old C&D even before the Jimbo days.

• Like 2

For me it is the Linda Bar from the late 80's and early 90's when I consider it to have been in it's prime with a lot of the Girls having rooms then above Saloon Bar Pizza which was mighty convenient :biggrin: and still going to this day.  :drinks: 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BigTel said:

For me it is the Linda Bar from the late 80's and early 90's when I consider it to have been in it's prime with a lot of the Girls having rooms then above Saloon Bar Pizza which was mighty convenient :biggrin: and still going to this day.  :drinks: 

And a 7/11 across the road to get the rubber gloves 555555

• Like 2

In Bangkok, I’d vote a resounding yes to Guess Bar in its original Soi 1 premises closely followed by the substitute location. The proprietors of that business raised the bar and created a thriving customer friendly atmosphere while being the first to embrace the forums as a promotional tool before Jay hit the self-destruct button and threw it all away.

Pattaya; many of us cut our teeth at Jenny Star Bar in the late 90’s and noughties, although it wasn’t a place you could relax....drink prices were a rip-off, music volume (if you could call it music) was high intensity and many of the skanks were out to get you. Nonetheless......I had some magnificent moments in there. Quite strange the former JSB bar area under the Marine Disco escalator remains boarded up as a shrine to this once, infamous  Pattaya ladyboy  institution. Although Jenny was someone who’s company I enjoyed and frequently partied hard with,  she was dangerously addictive and very unreliable.

Of the current Pattaya Bars, none spring to mind as being a particular favourite where I’d happily take a seat for the entire evening but, Katoeys R Us, 69Bar, New Bar and TJ’s all receive plenty of my currency.......and I’m looking forward to patronising Surprise Yourself in the coming weeks.

• Like 2

Have to agree the ORIGINAL Guess Bar was a cool, welcoming place.  I enjoyed it.  This will date me, but does anyone else remember the old Beverly Hills Club on Soi 8?  that was a chill place as well.  Didnt used to spend much time in bangkok when I first started coming to Thailand but i spent a couple of nights here.  There was a young, fair maiden named Kitty who was quite popular.  I always remember walking down the side soi where the BHClub was and you got the anticipatory collective LB war whoop right before you got to the bar!!!!  Classic!!!

• Like 2

Archie - I did visit the Beverly Hills Club but only once as it was in my early years of lb hunting and was closed shortly afterwards. When I visited it was late afternoon, early evening, so not many staff were about. Unfortunately all that area was demolished and new developments have risen on the old site. No p4p lbs around there now except late at night with the occasional freelancers.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2018 at 6:50 AM, rxpharm said:

Guess Bar , the old Rajah Hotel Complex

Gets my vote.  It wasn't the best bar in the world,  but there and then, it was to  me.

Cascades and Obsessions weren't "bars", but nonetheless heaven.

The LB scene was new to me, great staff,  friendly owner(s),   a good place to meet up fellow mongers in Bkk, a city I used to love around 10 years ago.

• Like 3

While I didn't know anyone from the forum world when Guess opened, I did enjoy my solo visits to the place early in the evening, before meeting up with my straight mates for drinks outside Tilac agogo on Soi Cowboy.  While La Bamba was an early in the night bar for me, for wild memorable nights I'd have to go with Ezy/Famous bars in their prime.  

• Like 1

I'm limited to Bangkok, and I did enjoy times at Guess Bar (Rajah complex); but my best times were at Darkside (I still have the white polo shirt) until it closed. Now I would have to rate Why not as my favourite.

Had one great night at K r us in Pattaya, but hard to judge just on that one time (maybe I should do a re-run).

• Like 2

Not sure when EZY Bar had their grand opening, soft opening, and hardon openings but it was around Mayday 2008 so it's been 10 years since the EZY Girlz first started "rocking out with their  cocks out", that phrase trademarked by Karl.

• Like 1

EZY decision for me :good:

The Guess Bar when Jay was at the helm was pretty Damm good too when the boys were in town

Shame these places are no longer around, I miss Karl :biggrin:

These days I don't frequent the ladyboy bars as much as I used too and much prefer going to places like Scooters, The Marquee, the Cocktail Cars around Pattaya,  and the Go Go bars on LK Metro etc etc,  maybe I  am getting past it :crazy:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, duke007 said:

These days I don't frequent the ladyboy bars as much as I used too and much prefer going to places like Scooters, The Marquee, the Cocktail Cars around Pattaya,  and the Go Go bars on LK Metro etc etc,  maybe I  am getting past it 

I always got the impression you are a fan of Thaifriendly, so perhaps like others in the scene a while, there is less reason to frequent the LB venues when the staff can be sourced online instead?  Means you can have more of the holiday you want to have without the pressure of hitting the LB bars I guess.

38 minutes ago, duke007 said:

These days I don't frequent the ladyboy bars as much as I used too and much prefer going to places like Scooters, The Marquee, the Cocktail Cars around Pattaya,  and the Go Go bars on LK Metro etc etc,  maybe I  am getting past it :crazy:

I'm with you there Dave, there are some great bars springing up around Pattaya now where you can listen to good music without being pestered, I enjoy these places more 

On 5/12/2018 at 9:30 PM, seven said:

Gets my vote.  It wasn't the best bar in the world,  but there and then, it was to  me.

Cascades and Obsessions weren't "bars", but nonetheless heaven.

The LB scene was new to me, great staff,  friendly owner(s),   a good place to meet up fellow mongers in Bkk, a city I used to love around 10 years ago.

I agree BKK around then was great - early evening at Guess then a tour of nana not knowing what (or who) would spring up that evening.

I did enjoy 131 Bar in its brief incarnation but EZY was excellent if there was a group of guys in and Karl on the wheels of steel, more than once I left squinting into the early morning sun .... ah the memories :good: 

• Like 2

Ah fook me, paid my bin and was going to scarper when the heavens opened at 6am, rung the bell a few more times, Lita fleeced me and Chocolate carried me home.

I woke up to her doing me a mischief, can I still claim rape? :rolleye0012:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I always got the impression you are a fan of Thaifriendly, so perhaps like others in the scene a while, there is less reason to frequent the LB venues when the staff can be sourced online instead?

ThaiFriendly is the Amazon of Ladyboy shopping.

Good to see you posting petesie, I think Texasmac may have been directing his reply to duke007, who is a frequent user of Thai Friendly.

TM to avoid confusion in the future, if you are replying to a specific forum member, you can either quote their post or the use the format "@Texasmac" so it is clear.

On 5/15/2018 at 7:50 PM, bumblebee said:

I always got the impression you are a fan of Thaifriendly, so perhaps like others in the scene a while, there is less reason to frequent the LB venues when the staff can be sourced online instead?  Means you can have more of the holiday you want to have without the pressure of hitting the LB bars I guess.

Yes BB, I am a big fan of TF and I have met a lot of girls from it that don't work the bars, so would not havre met them otherwise, one for example works in a bar/restaurant not a ladyboy bar.

These days I don't bother with it and will just have a glance once a month or so to see who is around, but I will not bother chatting with them until I am actually in town now.

I have 4 or 5 girls I really like spending time with and with whom I have lot of fun and laughs with, if I  get to meet a few of them per trip then I'm happy, one has recently started working at TJ's so that will be a barfine paid to Jimbo if she is still around. :biggrin:

Tbh, unless there is something going on ( like pool nights at 69bar & Sensations or one of Josh's parties at Baby Boom for example) then I will probably not bother visiting the ladyboy bars at all, I  don't particular enjoy visiting dead bars alone, though I will make an exception to meet up with a certain Lao girl who really rocks my boat and works in one of the SMIT bars (it's not Soda...lol),

I will add that if a girl works in a bar then I will meet said girl at her bar and pay the barfine, but if I happen to meet a bar girl out of her working hours then fine, the bars don't own the girls and I will feel no guilt in not paying a barfine plus the girl will benefit from an extra tip, up to us

Times have a changed and it's not like the good old days when a crew of BM's would be in town and we used to meet up in places like La Bamba and the Corner Bar for example,  I  don't think that I have visited La Bamba in 3 years.

Like I have said in a previous post I now much prefer to chill in non hooker bars these days and not be bored shitless looking at girls looking at their phones, don't get me wrong I would still get a buzz out of passing and calling in places like Nid Cha for a quickie upstairs though :Drooling:

Yes I  am getting old and don't want to waste my time, I wil spend my time and money when and where I want on my holiday, up to me :judge:

Btw,  Scott from Sensations has opened up a new Lounge type bar on the rooftop of McDonald's in/next to The Avenue, looks great and unsurprising is named The Roof, great place to chill with or without a date, I  will certainly be paying a visit

• Like 5

Ezy Bar was excellent for all the reasons described by the guys above. You never truly know how good something is until it's gone.

I don't think anyone's mentioned it so far, but a venue I miss is Stringfellows. On a good night with a few buddies it was fantastic.

As Duke said above, despite living in Pattaya I rarely go to ladyboy bars anymore unless there is a gthering of some sort or a friend is in town and fancies a visit. I'll ride shotgun and surf their wave for the duration and probably have a really good time. But it doesn't happen that often.

10 years ago was a great time to be visiting the ladyboy haunts of Pattaya/Bangkok. Before the advent of smartphones, we had the forum and the upper hand. I feel lucky.

• Like 3

On 5/16/2018 at 6:35 PM, petesie said:

I woke up to her doing me a mischief, can I still claim rape?

Not if you had a smile on your face. :)

5 hours ago, dixoncox said:

a friend is in town and fancies a visit. I'll ride shotgun and surf their wave for the duration and probably have a really good time. But it doesn't happen that often

It just might be one of those rare occasions later in the year.  Keep your diary free.:pic:

5 hours ago, dixoncox said:

10 years ago was a great time to be visiting the ladyboy haunts of Pattaya/Bangkok. Before the advent of smartphones, we had the forum and the upper hand

While 10 years ago sounds long, 2008 doesn’t seem so far back for some reason.  Around that time and just before a whole generation of LB lovers appeared on the scene who most of us here remember but don’t hear much about these days.  There certainly was an excitement hitting the bars back then that that seems to have been lost......

8 hours ago, duke007 said:

Tbh, unless there is something going on ( like pool nights at 69bar & Sensations or one of Josh's parties at Baby Boom for example) then I will probably not bother visiting the ladyboy bars at all, I  don't particular enjoy visiting dead bars alone,

...and do you reckon the bars are dead because business is spread too thin now in our scene or the lb bars are more event orientated and just tick over otherwise when nothing is happening.

• Like 1