Bangkok/Nana Plaza visit in 2018?

greyok

Hello,

This is my first post on the board so I would like to say hello to everyone. I'm about to take my first trip to Bangkok in a few months and would like to check the status of the nightlife/ladyboy scene. I've read a lot of news reports regarding crackdowns of the nightlife and would rather stay out of trouble while I'm there on vacation.

Can anyone give me an update on the gogo bars and parlors? Thanks.

• Upvote 1

I dont know what you mean by a "crackdown" on nightlife spots but I doubt you will have any issues finding suitable company!!!  Read about PDogggs thread about a "Tour of The Shitpits".  There is info in there.  The bars in Nana arent really my scene but, if you are new to the scene and Thailand, you have to venture there!!!  

Why Not bar on Soi 20 is a great, no pressure bar with many lookers!!!  Good luck!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Greyok!    :drinks:

I doubt that a nightlife crackdown will affect your vacation.

As others have said, I strongly recommend that you check out Why Not Bar.    It is a friendly, well run ladyboy bar,  low key, low pressure, and beers are only 100 baht.   I guess their business model is give the customer a great experience and they will get good word of mouth and repeat business.  I don't think the Bangkok ladyboy scene is at all dangerous but Why Not is an excellent choice for a first timer who wants to "stay out of trouble".

Here is a link to Why Not Bangkok:

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7436-why-not-bangkok/

They have a map which is good as it makes it clear exactly where to turn off Sukhumvit.

But most guys want a little variety, and the greatest concentration of ladyboy bars are in Nana Entertainment Plaza, especially on the middle of the three floors.

When I go to a bar, I want to relax, and generally speaking, the Nana Plaza bars are somewhat high pressure.  I do my best to ignore the pressure, but I don't like from the second I go inside that it many NEP the girls are trying to pressure me to choose them.   I also don't like being asked to buy a drink, and I certainly don't like being asked to buy a drink for the mamasan or her friend.  On some forums guys might respond, "be a big boy and grow some balls" but the point is I'm going out to relax and not engage in a battle of wills as to who will get their way.  I'll get my way, but if my way is not going to be an enjoyable experience what's the point of going out?  Btw, the pressure is much higher if you are alone as it is much easier to ignore the girls if you are with a friend.  The business model of the Nana gogos seems to be extract as much money as you can from the customer as fast as you can.

That's the negative.  The positive of the Nana bars is you can just go with flow. Choose a very attractive ladyboy soon after you walk in, buy her a drink, if you want a ladyboy on each side of you you can buy two drinks, grope around a bit and have some fun.  And you can have fun in the Nana Bars.  You can bounce from gogo to gogo and if you don't like what you see in one bar just finish your beer quickly and go to the next one.  If you don't care too much about how much you spend, this is a very good option.

Other ladyboy bars are Cockatoo on Soi Cowboy, Check Inn Bar which has moved around a bit and I think is now on Soi 10, and there are some bars in the Patpong area.

If money is an issue and you want to go with lots of ladyboys then there are plenty of ladyboys on Soi 4 and the odd side of Sukhumvit at night until about 5AM.  One method is to approach a ladyboy on the street that you find attractive and some prefer approaching one that is alone instead of in a group and do a 10 second interview.

If you want to go with her, don't say "how much" which will lead to awkward negotiation.  Instead say, "700 baht OK?" and she will most likely say yes.  You pay afterward not before.  So afterward you can give her 800 to be nice or if she really rocked your world in bed you can give her 1000.   If you think you want to see her again get her number.

Is a ladyboy from the street more dangerous than a ladyboy from a Nana Plaza bar?  Well there is some accountability if you take a girl from a bar in that she knows you know how to find her. But if you make sure all your money, phones, laptop, valuables are locked in your room safe you should be OK.  If you travel with laptop, I would recommend that you stay in a hotel that has a laptop size safe especially if you want her to sleep over. 

For hotels recommend you check out prices on Trip.com, Booking.com, Agoda, and also check with the hotel. On Agoda, you need to add 17.7% to the initial price to get the final price. If you use these third party sites we would appreciate it if you click here to our links as that helps defray the operational cost of LBR.  Here is our Bangkok Hotel Listing on our sister site.

Some guys enjoy meeting ladyboys online.  Here is a link to the Ladyboy Homepage of Thai Friendly.   In Bangkok and Pattaya, the majority of Thai Friendly girls use it for one night hookups.   You might have fun browsing there but I would suggest that you not make any promises that you are not 100% sure you can keep as when you hit the ground there are likely to be dozens of ladyboys you would rather be with.  Making plans beyond a one night night hookup hasn't worked out well for many guys.

You mentioned massage joints.  Think there is a ladyboy massage joint where Nuch Massage used to be and my impression it is rushed and overpriced.   But if you clock a ladyboy working at a more normal massage joint, then why not go for an oil massage and get to know her?

Lots of options to find ladyboys in Bangkok!  Good luck and have fun Greyok!    :yahoo:

There's a ton of news on Google about Pattaya busts and bar closures. I'm only there for 5 days and don't want to land in jail. Granted, I'm just looking to meet lbs and not do anything illegal! I just don't want to get involved in a sting or something.

Having never been to Thailand and only reading reports, I wasn't sure how tolerated this activity is. Here in the states, there's a similar nightlife scene that is widespread but constantly under scrutiny by le. They even introduced a bill recently but left most websites up that related activity took place on.

Edit: I'm trying out Thai Friendly but it's filled with fake profiles. Its the same here in the states. I haven't met a real person from online in years.

• Like 1

I just spent a week in Pattaya and is business as usual as far as I could tell. 

Once you are on ground in Thailand change your location in Thai Friendly to where you are and you will likely either have a lb or 2 message you and you will also get responses from the real lbs

7 hours ago, greyok said:

There's a ton of news on Google about Pattaya busts and bar closures. I'm only there for 5 days and don't want to land in jail. Granted, I'm just looking to meet lbs and not do anything illegal! I just don't want to get involved in a sting or something.

Having never been to Thailand and only reading reports, I wasn't sure how tolerated this activity is. Here in the states, there's a similar nightlife scene that is widespread but constantly under scrutiny by le. They even introduced a bill recently but left most websites up that related activity took place on.

Edit: I'm trying out Thai Friendly but it's filled with fake profiles. Its the same here in the states. I haven't met a real person from online in years.

When you get to Pattaya you will see exactly how widespread and tolerated the sex scene is.   There are probably 10,000 bars that employ 100,000 sex workers the majority outdoors and in plain sight.   You will probably always be within 100 yards of an attractive ladyboy.

If I were travelling somewhere that I've never been before, say Vietnam or Myanmar or Brazil or Colombia then I would be quite concerned as not having been there, I don't now how tolerated the sex scene is and are there any hidden surprises that i don't know about.   It's good to be cautious.  But Pattaya is the sex capital of the world, you will see when you het here.

As far as raids, the majority are in places where the customers are almost exclusively Thai which tend to be in more remote parts of town which you wont just stumble upon.

But to stay out of trouble, I'd suggest:

1) Don't do any illegal drugs.

2) If a ladyboy exhibits erratic behavior don't go with her.  

3) To avoid accidentally taking someone under age 18, make sure the ladyboys that you go with look at least 23.

4) Don't get too drunk 

Being there for 5 days, you'll have a chance to be with around 10 ladyboys.  You can start with an afternoon massage at ZaZa Massage on Soi Chaiyapoon and at night take one from the bars.  You'll have a blast!   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When you get to Pattaya, you will see all your worries are totally unfounded.  Things will be fine.  Pdoggg offers you some great advice.  I would add # 5-dont get into a confrontation/argument with a local.  You will most certainly lose and the consequences can be grave!!!!