Laundries in Thailand

sydneyjohn57

i had washing done in Phuket at one of the local laundries and the laundries there charge by the kilo (between 50 & 60 baht) with extra charge for ironing. Whereas in Pattaya the laundry I used yesterday charged by the item either ironed or not. 5 short sleeve shirts, 5 underwear, pair of trousers and a handkerchief totalled THB250 which I thought was reasonable compared to hotel prices. So I thought that I's ccompare with hotel I am staying at. 

There is a striking error in the photo below which makes me wonder about the guests that they are expecting:

IMG_20180504_195122_1024x768.thumb.jpg.88d144b980352992574e7432b5d91d13.jpg

• Like 1

Perhaps you are on a Ladyboy Safari?

Some Pattaya laundries offer a deal for 500 baht where they will do 60-70 pieces of laundry. In years gone by 80 pieces was the norm and one place even offered 90.

The 500 baht deal may not be posted, you may have to walk in and ask. Some may not do that deal especially in the most touristy places in town.

But if a guy is going to be in Pattaya a few weeks it is a good idea to go into the laundries within easy walking distance and say, "500 baht, how many?"

You pay 500 baht up front and when you pick up your first load the receipt will show something like 8 pieces, 52 left if it was 60 pieces for 500.

Pay by the kilo doesn't seem common in Pattaya. Generally on islands that price that way, all the laundry shops offer the same deal such as 40 baht per kilo. In Angeles City it was 35 or 40 Piso per kilo, in Cambodia I found a place that was 1 USD per kilo. Some round up to the next quarter kilo, perhaps most common the next half kilo, some maybe to the next kilo.

Apart from exceedingly regular sex (in all its forms) one of the things I truly miss when returning home is the magnificent laundry services available in Pattaya.....even at the shitty stealing rate of exchange v THB they represent astonishingly good value for money compared to the services I sometimes use in England or anywhere in Europe for that matter. In Pattaya I sometimes send clean clothes to the laundry just because I like to see them returned, beautifully ironed and shrink wrapped. Not such good value in Bangkok, at least not in my experience.

And yes indeed Pdoggg.....whom the fuck wears a Safari Suit these days, I don’t believe I’ve ever seen one being worn in Thailand apart from a mannequin in a tailors shop window.

Although it is perhaps the type of ensemble which would suit my ole mate TTChang.

• Like 1

Hua Hin they charge by kilo, best price ironed I found is 80thb per kilo.

In the picture above I thought someone may have picked up that beside the safari suit being included the headings for both sets of clothes is the same : Gentleman.

Top section for the Gentleman has the normal stuff (except safari suit of course) and the lower section for the Gentleman has dress, blouse, brassieres etc. Does the hotel expect their guests are only men and ladyboys/crossdressers :mad0261:

• Like 1