A Tour of the Shitpits

Pdoggg

Had to go to Bangkok recently just for one night only.  Why Not was closed that night, bad timing for me,  so I checked out Nana Plaza and here are my personal observations.

Seems like the 2nd floor is where the biggest concentration of Ladyboy Bars so went up the left staircase and saw a girl with a sign that said Beer Chang for 95 in Chilli Bar so figured I'd start my night there.  Don't know if the 95 baht promotion is all the time.  I entered around 10:30. 

Sat in the second row so as to keep my distance from all the girls offering to come down and sit with me.   Mostly silicone girls.  They weren't bad looking, just not to appealing to me.  But can't go wrong at a 95 baht beer which is probably cheaper than Stumble Inn. 

Next stop was DC 10.   Probably the least attractive girls of all the bars I went to.  Their business model seems to be physically pulling in Asian guys and throwing them down on the seats.  Some walk out before buying a beer but some buy a drink or ladydrinks. I'm not really good at telling the difference between nationalities but one guy looked like Kim Jong Un so I reckon that there are now many Korean mongers at Nana.   Beer was 165 baht.

Next door was Casanova which I guess has been open for 20 years or so now.  Not many customers but figured if I'm only in Bangkok for one night should spring for a ladydrink. Very nice ladyboy some mutual friendly fiddling so tipped her a 100.   My drink was 160 baht.

Was working my way around to the staircase on the other side and saw Mercury Bar by that staircase.  Girl at the door looked good so I went in.   Mostly flat chests and hormone cuties and my Leo was 130 baht which is better than average for the shitpits.  Even though I had no intention of paying a barfine, I figured it was my big night out in Bangkok so I'd buy another ladydrink.  Sat with a cutie but she wasn't very responsive to me.

Had a four beer buzz so hit he street where I knew 700 baht all in ladyboys would be available on Sukhumvit if I saw one I wanted.

So for the different reasons I liked Chilli, Casanova, and Mercury but would skip DC 10 next time. YMMV.

Btw, i think the two bars by Chilli Bar might be ladyboy bars too, one is named Straps, forget the name of the other and on the other side Temptations is a ladyboy bar but don't like the pressure there so the the 2nd floor has 6 to 8 ladyboys bars.  Can anyone confirm?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Straps is a postop lb bar, although they deny it. I am not sure of the other one you mentioned. I commented about Straps a while ago in this post - very beautiful lbs there - probably the best looking staff of any bar in NEP, and possibly BKK, but very unfriendly pricing as it was an all in one 3600 Baht short time bar fine and lady package, using the short time hotel in NEP. If you wanted to take her off site, an extra 500 Baht.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My plan was to wander around the Middle Floor. Although I've had good times in Charades, formerly Cascade, the last time i had a problem with the mamasan so just go to other bars. Didn't have time for what I think is now called True Obsessions.

I was mostly just curious about the newer places. Had no intention of pulling from Nana given the inflated price expectations plus a barfine.

I would be surprised if anyone got turned down on the street if saying, "700 baht, OK" which leads me to believe that one could even offer 500 baht but I don't think it is a great idea to offer 500 baht, but that is just me, it doesn't feel right.

The shitpits are great if you enjoy the experience but if you don't like drinking the street is more cost effective.

There is a perception that the girls on the street are dangerous but I think that is way overblown. However if that is a big concern for someone or the street is just not your style then taking a ladyboy from a well run bar like Why Not is a good option. I think Why Not is a zillion time better than the shitpits, it has a friendly atmosphere  and beer is a very reasonable 100 baht.

Different guys prefer different Ladyboy Distribution Channels. Nowadays, Thai Friendly is extremely popular, but I don't like someone I've never seen showing up at my door.

One good friend of mine takes from the street 95% of the time and explained to me he likes the 10 second interview, and then either make an offer or move on. 

Excluding repeats for which you have a phone number, 4 good distribution channels are 1) Bars 2) Online 3) Street and 4) Massage.

What's good about massage is that an hour oil massage is about the same price as a drink and lady drink and you get a nice massage out of the deal. One good buddy of mine gets 95% of his girls that way.

Think there is no "best" way, it is just a personal preference.

• Like 1

My recent experiences at Nana.  First of all regretted not going into the new Mercury bar as a couple of really good looking lbs outside.  It is owned by the same people who run Temptations and Cockatoo.  Temptations was fine, no hard sell imo.  Some attractive girls in there.  Ended up chatting to the lovely Kally/Kelly.  Good to talk to, good english. 

Picked up a lb from Charades.  Can't recall her name (cringe - sorry).  I initially thought she was a bit fat but in the flesh she was nice and shapely and really sweet.  I was a bit shocked that there were only ten or so lbs in Charades if that.  A good mix from femboys to amazons but hardly the glory days of 100+ lbs that I read about on the forums from 10 or so years ago.  I actually wonder how long Charades will survive.  The combination of a big venue with so few staff (and I was the only customer) just cannot be sustainable.  I had the same experience in Obsessions a few months ago.  Found an attractive lb in there but there were no staff, no atmosphere and only one other customer.  Seems to be a weird business model at the moment.  More and more lb gogos but fewer and fewer lbs.  Doesn't make any sense. 

Didn't visit Casanovas this time but my last visit there was disappointing.  Some good looking lbs but no atmosphere again.  Just seemed dead.  One other customer. 

Cockatoo on Soi Cowboy was a bizarre experience.  It was the busiest of the lb bars but all the customers were groups of backpackers and girls.  When I actually sat down and plonked a lb on my lap they all looked appalled.  I was pretty drunk at that point so I just thought fuck you but in other circumstances it would have been uncomfortable.  It felt like a zoo where tourists go to see the animals.  Again no atmosphere. 

Far and away the best agogo in BKK at the moment is Billboards (GGs).  Overrun with attractive GGs and customers and absolutely rocking but whatch your bill! 

This all sounds doom and gloom but at the time I still enjoyed myself.  However going to Pattaya afterwards casts a harsh light on the lb bar scene in Bangkok.  Basically Pattaya is in a completely different league.  Utterly superior to BKK.  The place is absolutely fizzing with energy and atmosphere.  There are gorgeous lbs everywhere.  

The best lb agogo experience I had was Katoeys are Us in Soi Diamond.  For some reason I have always avoided this bar before and bypassed it on the way to Windmills agogo but it was great.  A small staff but every single one of the lbs in there was attractive and the atmosphere was fun and relaxed.  The lbs were up for it.  There were customers including a group of three western women who sidled in but were good sports.  A very a very extrovert and attractive femboy went to keep them company and and they loved it.  I barfined a beautiful lb (again I cannot recall her name.  I have an atrocious memory for proper nouns). 

Next night I went up to Boom Baby off Soi Buakhao.  I suggest that for those complaining that things aren't seedy anymore they head here. This bar has some really sexy lbs.  And they are willing to do anything.  This is probably not the best bar for wallflowers!  I guess that the hidden away nature of BB means it can get away with a lot that more prominent bars cannot.  Definitely looking forward to my next trip here.

Soi Buakhao and environs seems to be the LB centre of the universe in Pattaya.  Everywhere I looked I spotted really gorgeous lbs.  Clubs, bars, street walkers  Everywhere.  Interestingly Pook Swan seems to have reopened as a lb bar and it was full of great looking LBs.  This was later confirmed to me by Spy at Pook Soi 6.  I had tried to winkle out lbs earlier in the evening in Soi 7 and 8 but nothing caught my attention.  I would suggest Soi Made in Thailand is a good  hunting ground as I spotted some absolute stunners floating around there, even a super feminine drop dead gorgeous boy!  The diamonds in the rough scenario.  eg a beer bar with 7, 8, 9, 10 GGs of various ages, weights (lol) and looks and one........... 6ft+ lb stunner dressed like a supermodel with peroxide blond hair down to her bum.  Haha I love it! 

My final night I decided to cut out the bullshit and just head to Pook bar in Soi 6.  OMG.  The lb bars on Soi 6 seem to be really random in that sometimes they are heaving and other times dead.  Pook was absolutely buzzing and crammed full of some of the most beautiful lbs anywhere in the Thai nightlife scene imo and experience.  I hooked up with gorgeous Spy.  It is a mystery to me how such an absolutely stunning lb has been working in a Soi 6 bar for so long.  A bit like Shasha  in Charades.  Koi has also been around at Pook for a couple of years at least I think and is beautiful too.  On this particular night the LBs at Pook just put all the GGs at the other Soi 6 bars to shame. 

Afterwards I headed for a more or less last drink at Sensations off Soi Buakhao.  Again I had low expectations of this bar but on this particular night had a good time with another lovely lb.  It is a strange place though.  It felt neglected, unloved and poorly maintained.  Half eaten food lying around, off draught beer etc.  I wonder if it would have been better to have doubled down at Action St and to have tried to turn that little area into a LB hotspot with critical mass rather than get marooned on a side soi.  Baby Boom has pulled it off well and imo makes a virtue out of its isolated location but Sensations doesn't seem to manage that so well.

I ended up rambling on there a fair bit and got way off topic.  My conclusion is that Pattaya is far more fun than BKK.  It feels like a living, breathing organism with life and variety while the lb bars in Bangkok and the bar areas in general seem to be becoming like Las Vegas.  A red light theme park for browsing but non participating, non paying western, Indian, Chinese and other package tourists and backpackers.                                                                                                                                            

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Thanks sydneyjohn57.  

A further point I would make is that prices on the Pattaya lb scene seem very reasonable to me.  1000 to 1500B short time without bargaining very hard on this trip.  Inexpensive st rooms.  No really annoying hassle for lady drinks anywhere.  I actually prefer long time if the circumstances are right but only st this trip.

As for hotels.  I stayed again at the Pattaya Blue Sky on Soi 5.  Great hotel.  Best rooms I have had in Thailand.  1200B a night including all taxes. Wonderful roof top pool.  Soi 5 is a relatively peaceful location.  A minute walk to either Beach or 2nd Road and baht  buses. And Soi 6 of course lol.

Transportwise I took taxis from Suvarnabhumi and back.  1100B to Pattaya with Mike's Taxis.  Original quote 1000B but emailed me to apologise and say now 1100B because of increased tolls.  Very good service.  Back I used taxi stand outside the hotel.  Guys there spoke good English.  1200B but was  a 4am ride and a very comfortable big car.  Last year I took a taxi off the street from Sukhumvit to Blue Sky.  1300B.  The driver turned on the meter and that indicated 1370B interestingly.

On 5/7/2018 at 8:07 PM, Jimslim said:

They still seem to have some of the original staff 

:biggrin: Is Jojo still around? She must be pushing 50 now.

Anyone remember the mamasan? Donnnnnny used to tell a funny story about her and her thumb!:biggrin:

On 5/8/2018 at 10:05 PM, seven said:

:biggrin: Is Jojo still around? She must be pushing 50 now.

Anyone remember the mamasan? Donnnnnny used to tell a funny story about her and her thumb!:biggrin:

I think she is, there's about 3or4 I recognise in there who seem to have been around forever including the guy with the shaved head and giant Buddha who seems to be the manager 

I had one quick ( very quick) drink there last trip like all LB bars its fun with a few mates but a different experience when you are alone