Soap vs Shower/Bath Gel

sydneyjohn57

Recently all the hotels I have stayed at only supply soap for the hand basin and for the shower or the bath they supply a mini bottle or tube of gel.

I find I can never really get a lather up with the gel as by the time you pour it into your hand and apply to the body the water from the shower has washed most of it out of your hand and if you try to lather up in your hands and then try to apply to body it again washes away unless you step out of the shower stream. So now i have taken to bringing a long handled scrubbing brush, pour the gel into it then scrub away which lathers up fine or buy a cake of soap at 7/11 and take it with me.

First world problem I know but good hotels at least should give a choice.

Old man's rave over and out :aggressive:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I usually carry a bar when I travel. Bring a bar or two of Lava, as Issan dirt is hardcore and cold showers don't do well for cutting body oils. Parrot brand green is my usual, tho there is a round soap with an old photo of some guy on it that lathers like CRAZY and rinses of like a dream. I don't spend any more time doing the Issan bucket "shower" thing than I have to. Might get a water heater in there yet.

• 1 year later...

BUMP!

OK, had to weigh in on this one - especially for the benefit of the OP. What yer need is a 'body puff'. If you're still applying gel and soap with your hands then you'll never get up a lather, much the same as trying to apply shaving soap without a shaving brush. Enter the body puff - a mass of polypropylene netting which aerates the soap and forms a decent lather. Job done!!

snapshotimagehandler_444277290.jpg